Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Re-Megathread)

Qynchou

another person complaining because he doesn't look like the dragon knight you would see in final fantasy whatever

lol why final Fantasy?

I didn't know dragons came from there...

His snout would look like a tatsu's if it was just a bit bigger/more proportionate to his body size. I'd like that a lot.

And just because he doesn't like it and you might doesn't give you the right to treat his opinion with such disrespect. Just saying.

it's not ant-eater frame, it's dragon-that-played-too-much-warframe-so-now-it-'s-neck-it-'s-bent-forward-by-ninty-degrees frame it looks unsigthly becouse the snout is at a 90° angle with the neck wich is not the case in any reptile on the face of earth afaik

Not sure how I feel about this thread now.Nothing constructive ever goes on in it,it's either "he's ugly!" or" NO he's not!".

Can we have discussions about his powers or possibilities of matches he would be great at like how he's being added with raids so maybe he's meant to be a great raider?

I have seen much of the regulars just saying constantly He's ugly which if I'm honest we already know your opinion we don't need you to redundantly reiterate your opinion on that.Maybe more constructively speculate on how the alt helm might look would be more worthwhile?

Anyways I understand that he isn't to your standards and that's fine I know how it feels when something you expected turns out bad.

(excal getting his RB nerfed/changed really made me unhappy cause I hate the radial javelin spam build)

Not sure how I feel about this thread now.Nothing constructive ever goes on in it,it's either "he's ugly!" or" NO he's not!".

Can we have discussions about his powers or possibilities of matches he would be great at like how he's being added with raids so maybe he's meant to be a great raider?

The problem is that we have seen nothing of him other than his appearance, and those who know more than DE wants them to know aren't allowed to talk about what they know on the official forums.  Disregarding datamined material, we know literally nothing about him other than what he looks like and his gimmick.

So, until DE shows us more of Chroma gameplay-wise, people will only see and discuss his appearance.  Regardless of the fact that it will not change between now and release.

The problem is that we have seen nothing of him other than his appearance, and those who know more than DE wants them to know aren't allowed to talk about what they know on the official forums.  Disregarding datamined material, we know literally nothing about him other than what he looks like and his gimmick.

So, until DE shows us more of Chroma gameplay-wise, people will only see and discuss his appearance.  Regardless of the fact that it will not change between now and release.

"The problem is that we have seen nothing of him other than his appearance, and those who know more than DE wants them to know aren't allowed to talk about what they know on the official forums."Yeah agreed I just thought it wouldn't hurt to speculate on his alt helm,powers,what he would be great at ect.

This. I was hoping mods would step in and enforce the whole" intelligent and respectful conversation", but it's just a repeat of the last megathread. 

Oh well.

This. I was hoping mods would step in and enforce the whole" intelligent and respectful conversation", but it's just a repeat of the last megathread. 

Oh well.

Unfortunately mods cannot police the forums every moment of the day, they need rest too.  More unfortunate the fact that we cannot trust our community to "Keep it Classy".  Being honest?  I expect people to hound DE about this issue until the very day and even a week or two after Chroma Comes out, It's concerning to see the same people staying at it so long.  Oh well, more power to them if that's what they want to spend their free-time on.

Edit:  I must say however, have some confidence in DERebecca.  I haven't been lied to yet on anything that she has said and I am waiting on this Warframes abilities before I give my final verdict.

However, the real measuring stick will come when its actually available.  People complained heavily about Oberon, Limbo, and Mesa when they came out based on their appearance.  But people will put up with, accept, even grow to like it so long as the frame is useful, or at least fun.  Mesa's been agreed on as very useful, Limbo is liked by a segment of the player base, but Oberon largely failed in that regard and has kind of faded into ignominy. 

I remember Limbo/Mesa got some complaining, but that was more of the "Why are we putting cowboy and magicians in a game about NINJAS?" nature rather than the actual visuals. Oberon's complaints were more of the "But he looks like a druid, not a paladin!" (because he was kind of given the paladin subtitle by the devs) rather than actual critiques of his aesthetics.

I personally really like Chroma's design, I think we need more less humanoid warframes to reflect on their nature as twisted, humanoid abominations spawned by the blazing white hellscape of the void where the laws of physics hold no sway, without the warframes built around them they are basically walking piles of flesh spewing toxic spores and fire!

Unfortunately mods cannot police the forums every moment of the day, they need rest too.  More unfortunate the fact that we cannot trust our community to "Keep it Classy".  Being honest?  I expect people to hound DE about this issue until the very day and even a week or two after Chroma Comes out, It's concerning to see the same people staying at it so long.  Oh well, more power to them if that's what they want to spend their free-time on.

when the community is this dead set on complaining it basically turns into cat-herding. The day of the live stream, I kid you not the first 3 pages of this forum were almost all complaining about chroma, you'd think they'd have gotten it out of their systems by now.

So I'm guessing this Chroma thing has everyone make peace with Hydroid's and Zephyr's designs right?

But, but I like hydroid and zephyr's designs, they're so complicated.

I just really love busyness and chroma is so busy that he makes me want the frame so much more.

So I'm guessing this Chroma thing has everyone make peace with Hydroid's and Zephyr's designs right?

Also, the amount of mental gymnastics and tunnel vision in this thread is amusing and hilarious.

Cause every complaint comes from the same people?

Cause complaining about some new things means that folks are suddenly fine with old things?

Cause the amount of negative feedback on Hydroid and Zephyr's look were close to what Chroma's getting? 

Talk about tunnel vision and mental gymnastics....lol. 

Personally I was always fine with Zephyrs appearance. I think she both fits her theme and looks kind of cool.

I was also fine with Hydroids body but I did not like his default or first alt helmet. The third one I like so that's the one I use.

Note that Scott said Hydroids themes were water and pirate so even though I did not like the helmets I felt they were appropriate. 

I still think Hydroid is an ugly name but I don't generally have much reason to discuss it at this time.

when I seen some posts about chroma I had no idea that it was the dragon frame that heaps of poeple had been hyped about for ages, I thought it was some sort of infested/ant eater hybrid.

really that's what I though... 

anyway this is one of the times that the product turns out completely different then what my imagination came up with.

and so far I don't like the look of it enough to get it, that and I got a feeling that it will be as hard to get as mesa.

but that's just my opinions and wild speculations.

but I would like to leave a message to DE and that is please don't make chroma as hard or harder to get then mesa.

even though Ive only used 2 alad keys RNG has still screwed me over with 2 helms.

and whatever you do don't make it as hard as hydroid was to get. learning that made me decide not to ever get that frame until you changed it.

anyway that was my thoughts opinions and speculation's on chroma.

post thoughts opinions and other stuff below if you want to. 

I am guessing we will get chroma through a quest, much like mirage.

Also it could be a reward for defeating the upcoming J3 Golem, or maybe it will include archwing missions. In which case the forums will explode cause most people dont like archwing.

Archived