Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Re-Megathread)

Qynchou

when I seen some posts about chroma I had no idea that it was the dragon frame that heaps of poeple had been hyped about for ages, I thought it was some sort of infested/ant eater hybrid.

really that's what I though... 

anyway this is one of the times that the product turns out completely different then what my imagination came up with.

and so far I don't like the look of it enough to get it, that and I got a feeling that it will be as hard to get as mesa.

but that's just my opinions and wild speculations.

but I would like to leave a message to DE and that is please don't make chroma as hard or harder to get then mesa.

even though Ive only used 2 alad keys RNG has still screwed me over with 2 helms.

and whatever you do don't make it as hard as hydroid was to get. learning that made me decide not to ever get that frame until you changed it.

anyway that was my thoughts opinions and speculation's on chroma.

post thoughts opinions and other stuff below if you want to. 

I'm definitely hoping he comes from a quest because I like trying out new frames and RNG is a jerk to me 85% of the time

I am guessing we will get chroma through a quest, much like mirage.

Also it could be a reward for defeating the upcoming J3 Golem, or maybe it will include archwing missions. In which case the forums will explode cause most people dont like archwing.

If they make the Archwing boss fight the way he drops, and it's fun I will play the crap outta it.

Hydroid wasn't hard to get if you rolled an organized party that knew what their target was and how to properly deal with them. Having a Nekros also drastically helped.

I found hydroid to be really hard to get. I remember when delta or whatever beacon it was had such a low droprate that it made bo prime handles look common. RNGesus cursed me further to get ten helmets in a row. Ah memories~ Though any frame can be hard to get depending on RNG. I know some of my friends are still trying to get mesa since she came out.

On the topic, I hope chroma's not behind a huge grindwall. I'm totally up for him dropping from archwing though. Love archwing :)

I am guessing we will get chroma through a quest, much like mirage.

Also it could be a reward for defeating the upcoming J3 Golem, or maybe it will include archwing missions. In which case the forums will explode cause most people dont like archwing.

J3 golem its not coming in U16

Edited by MrKage

The teaser image showed at tennolive didn't give him justice,people misunderstood the design of chroma,

The anteater part is NOT his face xD

But i will say no more :3

#teasingeveryday

#preparetoreconsider

The teaser image showed at tennolive didn't give him justice, people misunderstood the design of chroma,

The anteater part is NOT his face xD

But i will say no more :3

#teasingeveryday#preparetoreconsider

#Twizzlerswantsacut

Wait a sec....did you yourself just use the term Ant Eater for the supposedly Dragon influenced Warframe? .......................But we misunderstand the design?

WovqKBb.gif

So I'm guessing this Chroma thing has everyone make peace with Hydroid's and Zephyr's designs right?

Also, the amount of mental gymnastics and tunnel vision in this thread is amusing and hilarious.

I've never hated a frame's looks before. Some of them look better than others, but they all look ok to me. With that said every time I see Chroma I want to puke. There is not a single frame or enemy in warframe that looks as derpy or as ugly.

PS: Zephyr is actually my favorite frame and I think she looks better than the original fan concept.

Edited by Takatashi

This. I was hoping mods would step in and enforce the whole" intelligent and respectful conversation", but it's just a repeat of the last megathread.

Oh well.

So "intelligent and respectful conversation" means what, exactly? Edited by AntoineFlemming

So "intelligent and respectful conversation" means agreeing with you?

I don't think that is what he meant when he posted that. He means replies like yours or anything that is just people bickering over his appearance. We can speculate on what each of his abilities might do or be like, since they change in damage type(and function too?) with energy color. Chroma could theoretically have 16 abilities in a sense if they change function with his 4 elements.

I don't think that is what he meant when he posted that. He means replies like yours or anything that is just people bickering over his appearance. We can speculate on what each of his abilities might do or be like, since they change in damage type(and function too?) with energy color. Chroma could theoretically have 16 abilities in a sense if they change function with his 4 elements.

Yes, during Tenno Live Scott said that energy color would alter both the elemental type and function of his abilities. Can't wait to finally get my hands on him and see what tricks he can do, despite absolutely loathing that helmet design (I really hope he comes with a good looking alt helmet).

Edited by HolyDonut3

Yes, during Tenno Live Scott said that energy color would alter both the elemental type and function of his abilities. Can't wait to finally get my hands on him and see what tricks he can do, despite absolutely loathing that helmet design (I really hope he comes with a good looking alt helmet).

I'm so excited to try him lol.

What if he happens to spew fire when he... you know... "loses control"...

I'll uh... I'll wear a fire proximity suit!