Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Qynchou

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Re-Megathread)

Still looks ugly.

The slabs of meat needs to go away and replaced with something the actually resembles armor, and that helmet needs to be reworked.

Either that, or stop marketing him as a dragon frame, damnit.

I'd rather have Endrian's "cliche" concept as a Rhino skin than have this infester-anteater-seahorse-twizzlers-slabs-of-meat thing take the mantle of "dragon frame"

Just sayin'.

My take on Chroma is that of a dragonslayer and is using his marks body to decorate his armor, except there is no dragons in warframe so he's using the biggest most powerful creatures to decorate his armor. The infested.

Credit where it's due: after 19 pages someone finally made a plausible defense of chroma's ugly design. It's still not what the community asked for but I can imgine a rational person using your reasoning above.

...and can the defenders please shut up with the "eastern dragon" BS? We've all seen various depictions of dragons and I never heard anyone compare any of them to an anteater before last week. If chroma's a dragon and only 5 people can see it then that's a terrible design. Full stop. End of story. This isn't an art film that you're supposed to ponder for a week until it becomes a part of you, it's a cyborg dragon-ninja & there's a sentinel that looks more like a dragon than it does.

On topic of Chroma being based off of "Eastern dragons", that does not look like an Eastern dragon at all.

I've stated this many times on the old megathread.

An Eastern dragon is basically a European dragon with a serpentine body, smaller legs, lack of wings (in some cases, they have really small wings), colorful scales, whiskers, and a bushy tail.

And if I'm not mistaken, Eastern dragons do not have anteater faces and slabs of infested meat covering their bodies.

Source: I'm from Hong Kong, and Eastern dragons are depicted everywhere in our culture, like our official "Hong Kong logo" and inside most of the Cantonese restaurants. Heck, even a quick Google search would get you the same results.

It's a sad day when an Asian kid has to step up and educate your uncultured behinds on the concept of Asian culture.

Suppose DE sit down and say,

"You know what? Lets just delete the 'dragon' from Chroma. Nobody gets it anyway."

Can we just lock these freaking threads? I'm getting tired if the old arguments chasing their own tails and going round and round........

i sit with the people that say on release his 2 alt helmets looks closer to actual dragons and his alt coloring makes him look more like a dragon.

Credit where it's due: after 19 pages someone finally made a plausible defense of chroma's ugly design. It's still not what the community asked for but I can imgine a rational person using your reasoning above.

...and can the defenders please shut up with the "eastern dragon" BS? We've all seen various depictions of dragons and I never heard anyone compare any of them to an anteater before last week. If chroma's a dragon and only 5 people can see it then that's a terrible design. Full stop. End of story. This isn't an art film that you're supposed to ponder for a week until it becomes a part of you, it's a cyborg dragon-ninja & there's a sentinel that looks more like a dragon than it does.

People say it is eastern? It is actually greek (yes, they too have dragons). I do not care about anything else really. seemingly EVERYONE has had a Western dragon in their mind. A eastern dragon would have had whiskers on it and a slim body, which oberon actually fits.

Anyways, I like the look it has right now. If they come with an alt helm that looks eastern I will believe a lot more people will like it for sure. I say that I will hold any displeasement until I have tried it and have seen it in game. (though I did see the animation and it makes the frame a LOT better, if if you don't like the snout)

I have to say.. Chrome does have a good looking snout.

I bet it has an increased suck power which is greater than Carrier's sucking ability.

Can we just lock these freaking threads? I'm getting tired if the old arguments chasing their own tails and going round and round........

I agree. I wish people would get over it already. Nothing but continuous crying about Chroma not looking like a dragon initially. Some people tried to change the topic to a more positive thing. I EVEN mentioned that Chroma might have 16 abilities. 16 freaking abilities. But nope, this thread keeps circling back to

iws3m.jpg 

Please lock thread. Please.

On topic of Chroma being based off of "Eastern dragons", that does not look like an Eastern dragon at all.

I've stated this many times on the old megathread.

An Eastern dragon is basically a European dragon with a serpentine body, smaller legs, lack of wings (in some cases, they have really small wings), colorful scales, whiskers, and a bushy tail.

And if I'm not mistaken, Eastern dragons do not have anteater faces and slabs of infested meat covering their bodies.

Source: I'm from Hong Kong, and Eastern dragons are depicted everywhere in our culture, like our official "Hong Kong logo" and inside most of the Cantonese restaurants. Heck, even a quick Google search would get you the same results.

It's a sad day when an Asian kid has to step up and educate your uncultured behinds on the concept of Asian culture.

I'm pretty sure it isn't a matter of uneducated westerners; it's white knights using a pose of cultural sophistication to deflect valid criticism.

It's back? Dear god help us.

It has been back for quite awhile. 

This is a topic that needs discussing so it exists. Simple as that.

Please be constructive. We don't want a repeat of the last one.

Such a mess.

No. We have a right to state opinions.

When you remove those statements just because you don't like them then that is called censorship. Which is a bad thing.

No one is forcing you to read these you know.

I agree. I wish people would get over it already. Nothing but continuous crying about Chroma not looking like a dragon initially. Some people tried to change the topic to a more positive thing. I EVEN mentioned that Chroma might have 16 abilities. 16 freaking abilities. But nope, this thread keeps circling back to

iws3m.jpg 

Please lock thread. Please.

I know, right....I'm so tired.....please let's just shut up...how do you know how he will look customized and with alt helm if you dislike this so much.....and about something not even in-game, just on a few pics with so little detail.......

Just shut up, everyone? Please? Let's see how he plays out? There can always be skins.

I'm pretty sure it isn't a matter of uneducated westerners; it's white knights using a pose of cultural sophistication to deflect valid criticism.

It isn't a matter of white knights, it's people who are waiting for the frame to be released before condemning it.

Don't judge a book by its cover, especially when we've only seen the surface, and that there are things about Chroma that have yet to be revealed, possibly even visually/appearance wise.

For all we know, some of Chroma's powers may significantly alter his appearance.

~~~~~~~~OPINION THO~~~~~~~~

I think he would probably look more badass if he had either a slightly shorter neck so that his snout isnt so far away from his body that he looks like the "ant eater" that everybody accuses him of being, or maybe if his head was rotated downwards a good bit, so his snout is pointing downwards at a loki prime horn type angle.. then it would probably look less abrupt and i guess less silly.. I feel like the reason people are really hating on him as far as his helmet goes, its partially because of how misplaced it looks on him.. it sort of pokes outwards too much without any compensation for that outwards poking expressed on the rest of his body.... SSSSSSEGWAY~~~  On to his body: In my own opinion.. his body looks quite bland.. maybe bland is the wrong word for it? its all sort of the same, like people say; it looks like melted infested, which would be fine on an infested frame, but for him as a dragon i think that DE could have chosen a more scaly stomach to him, with a slightly spiny actual spinal chord a bit like excalibur but more intense..?

Overall he looks alright, ill definitely use him.. making him part of my collection.. thats every warframe except hydroid.. who cant be helped.. he is beyond retribution for me :P

Dragon frame is okay, but with his head tilted downwards about 45 degrees ish, he would probably look more badass to me.. because having this less abrupt extrusion on his face, the overall look would probably come together a bit more..

Speaking of which; his little wing thingies on his back.. they look rather silly to me.. maybe its just me? He has this big badass tail, and then these tiny little flaps of warframe that are supposed to be wings..? I dont know how im feeling about that.. can we get a hashtag up in here!? "okay" #BuyableWingSyndannaParts?

Anyways thats all i have to say.

~~~~~~~~OPINION THO~~~~~~~~

No. We have a right to state opinions.

When you remove those statements just because you don't like them then that is called censorship. Which is a bad thing.

No one is forcing you to read these you know.

What it is doing is pushing good threads down and screaming in my face. When you offer your constructive criticism and engage in healthy debate, and are able to receive good criticism, that is a discussion, What I see here is except a very few posts, a few forumers who represent a minuscule part of the community keep going over and over the same points. I'm not saying tie your jaws up I'm saying carefully go over what you get, really weigh it, then come here and start a criticism, not trash talk. That's all I ask.

People say it is eastern? It is actually greek (yes, they too have dragons). I do not care about anything else really. seemingly EVERYONE has had a Western dragon in their mind. A eastern dragon would have had whiskers on it and a slim body, which oberon actually fits.

Anyways, I like the look it has right now. If they come with an alt helm that looks eastern I will believe a lot more people will like it for sure. I say that I will hold any displeasement until I have tried it and have seen it in game. (though I did see the animation and it makes the frame a LOT better, if if you don't like the snout)

If you are thinking about the "Drakon" then that is more like a serpent than a dragon. If you had done any research then you would know that. 

How in the seven hells can you say that "everyone" had a western dragon in mind?! I was thinking of something along the lines of an eastern dragon and yet I see very little in chroma's design to warrant it being labeled as an "eastern dragon" by you people.

If oberon looks more like a dragon than chroma then there is something seriously wrong with chroma's design. If the dragon themed frame looks less like a dragon than other frames then I seriously question the design direction of chroma. 

Suppose DE sit down and say,

"You know what? Lets just delete the 'dragon' from Chroma. Nobody gets it anyway."

As long as they then go back and make the dragon frame the community was asking for this would be an excellent solution. +1

.I'm pretty sure it isn't a matter of uneducated westerners; it's white knights using a pose of cultural sophistication to deflect valid criticism.

The part in a discussion where people start calling each other white knights signifies that we've run out of meaningful arguments. 

It isn't a matter of white knights, it's people who are waiting for the frame to be released before condemning it.

Don't judge a book by its cover, especially when we've only seen the surface, and that there are things about Chroma that have yet to be revealed, possibly even visually/appearance wise.

For all we know, some of Chroma's powers may significantly alter his appearance.

Unless it alters it in the dojo, relay, and liset then I am still not happy.

<snip>

Already know weird isn't a bad thing. The way you use it seemed to be in a negative way. Do i need to explain how your statement was perceived in a negative way?

Do I need you to explain why YOU perceived my use of the word weird in a negative way? 

Well so far in this thread you're seeing the feedback that is different than yours as "whining and raging", your seeing "most" of the complainers as being unhappy due to an expectation of a fan concept without qualification that it was most,  your seeing the want to be happy with ones chosen frames appearance in the non-combat/role playing based areas as silly, your seeing the term "traditional dragon" as something you know, but is subjective, yet doesn't require clarification on how I was using it....lol  

No, you don't need to explain what is going with your perception. I can see it.

The part in a discussion where people start calling each other white knights signifies that we've run out of meaningful arguments. 

Heh. true that.

You know something we don't, I demand you to confirm so our hype is even more outstanding.

What it is doing is pushing good threads down and screaming in my face. When you offer your constructive criticism and engage in healthy debate, and are able to receive good criticism, that is a discussion, What I see here is except a very few posts, a few forumers who represent a minuscule part of the community keep going over and over the same points. I'm not saying tie your jaws up I'm saying carefully go over what you get, really weigh it, then come here and start a criticism, not trash talk. That's all I ask.

Aren't you doing the same exact thing by coming here and complaining about our opinions? 

There is nothing in the title of this thread that screams "LOOK AT ALL THE WHINERS". Nothing at all. You are not forced to read it. If you know what it is and what it contains then don't read it. 

You can't just delete everyone's opinions just because you are tired of reading them.