Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Qynchou

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Re-Megathread)

200+ page actually. 

Why should I stop posting? Supporters don't stop posting so why should people that disagree stop posting?

If we want to start speculation about the powers I am all for it I just suggest keeping any datamined info out of the debate.

So, you are only "discussing" Chroma when you are talking about his abilities? Why is discussion on his appearance off-limits?

Beating_a_dead_horse_by_pjperez.jpg

I suppose we shall see then. :)

Well, once we start using his powers that is.

At this point I'm under the impression that his powers will have a clear effect on the appearance of his body.

In what way and to what degree I do not know. Though, again, unless this alters his appearance in the role play/non combat zones it only does so much to alleviate peoples concerns.

So, you are only "discussing" Chroma when you are talking about his abilities? Why is discussion on his appearance off-limits?

200+ page actually. 

Why should I stop posting? Supporters don't stop posting so why should people that disagree stop posting?

If we want to start speculation about the powers I am all for it I just suggest keeping any datamined info out of the debate.

Personally I feel the discussion over his looks have been done to death.The last Prime time already discussed the looks of chroma and the worries of some/most of the community so trust me DE knows : ).

Do I need you to explain why YOU perceived my use of the word weird in a negative way? 

Well so far in this thread you're seeing the feedback that is different than yours as "whining and raging", your seeing "most" of the complainers as being unhappy due to an expectation of a fan concept without qualification that it was most,  your seeing the want to be happy with ones chosen frames appearance in the non-combat/role playing based areas as silly, your seeing the term "traditional dragon" as something you know, but is subjective, yet doesn't require clarification on how I was using it....lol  

No, you don't need to explain what is going with your perception. I can see it.

No, i am not seeing the feedback different than mine as whining and complaining. How about you read all of my posts before making an uninformed statement. I've upvoted plenty posts that were positive but didn't agree with Chroma's look. All of them weren't anything like "I demand DE change this frame because i'm mad". It was constructive and not the same repeated posts that go on over and over. Right now your post doesn't even make sense. Go ahead and explain "your seeing the want to be happy with ones chosen frames appearance in the non-combat/role playing based areas as silly, your seeing the term "traditional dragon" as something you know, but is subjective, yet doesn't require clarification on how I was using it."

How is that not silly to adamantly complain about a frame's appearance outside of combat especially when it hasn't been released to try? I want to believe you are smart enough to know the term traditional dragon is subjective and FYI, i didn't need your clarification for the term because you already said it in a previous post. I explained to you how you need to stop saying traditional dragon, as if it would conjure the same exact image to everyone. It does not give everyone the same image so therefore it is subjective. 

As for the weird bit. Since you either forgot or you're trying to make it out to be positive. Look at that post.

immolator1001, on 15 Mar 2015 - 5:03 PM, said:snapback.png

The proportions and shapes still don't "work" in this case. No traditional dragons top head portion is shaped like Chromas. 

Yes thats because his entire head isn't the dragon head. He's a guy wearing a dragon headdress... which makes the proportions work

to illustrate how that deforms the profile with this picture the wolf's jaw starts an inch past their forehead:

Neat.  pictured: dragons

BTW those pictures you linked are a of a crocodile and an alligator.

Most likely the art team was going for "weird" on purpose because they want to. Which is their choice..just don't pretend it isn't weird.

You're telling someone that Chroma is absolutely not a dragon because in your opinion his head doesn't match a traditional dragon(subjective term). You said:

For hundreds of years in multiple cultures there were depictions of dragons. No, not the stuff we see in video games or fantasy novels..

I'm talking about the depictions from the cultures that believes in this stuff, the people who created the myths.

That is the definition of the traditional dragon I am speaking of.

Are you saying that every culture that has depictions of dragons all describe them the same way? That is basically what your statement is saying and it is wrong. That is a fact. Traditional dragon to a westerner would be different from a traditional dragon to an easterner. Back to the point, you were saying that anyone who thinks Chroma's head looks like a dragon is wrong because it doesn't fit in with your opinion and beliefs. That DE was simply going for weird and not trying to include anything draconic in the shape of his head. That anyone that actually sees a dragon in Chroma's head is deluding themselves and pretending it isn't weird. How is that not negative?

Also

sub·jec·tive
səbˈjektiv/
adjective

1. 1.
    based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions.

Right now, i believe you are just trolling. You should stop if you're trying.

*slow clap*

That one picture told the tale of an entire paragraph.

It told the tale of 290+ pages and a re-thread too.

It told the tale of 290+ pages and a re-thread too.

Aint my fault the topic keeps coming back to the appearance. 

I am more than happy to discuss the abilities but I can only reply to what is being discussed. So there is that.

Right now, i believe you are just trolling. You should stop if you're trying.

Are you reading the actual words in my post?

And at no point did I say "Chroma is not a Dragon". I said he does not have the same shapes of ANY traditional dragon of myth.

My statement was that in the many, MANY cultures, among the many, MANY different depictions of dragons, none of them match up to Chroma. These cultures do not describe dragons the same way, yet none of the ways dragons dragons are described match up with chroma's head shape.

This isn't some western vs eastern confusion. Not a Greek verses Aztec confusion. This is taking the many various dragon myths into account.

The idea that it's a head dress does not explain the shape differences either. It is simple enough to compare the top portion of a dragons head to Chroma's head dress. Shapes are still not matching up. 

And again, this is not subjective, it is not "my opinion" that they are different. The shapes are, in fact, different.

People are posting their feedback. Which gets met with counter opinions and so on. Threads practically take on lives of own.

If people want to keep going on circles on the  same stuff so be it. If repeating the same information makes someone silly then they are no more silly for what they are saying than you are for what you are saying. Though I certainly agree that some folks are making better arguments than others.

Also read this post https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/416280-chroma-the-new-dragon-frame-re-megathread/page-21#entry4636862  to understand what I was saying about acknowledging that DE did something unique. 

Look if you're able to distinguish between well reasoned posts and unreasonable complains then I applaud that. 

My issue is with specific statements you made that were not as fair as that.

I am more than happy to discuss the abilities but I can only reply to what is being discussed. So there is that.

Possibility of 16 abilities. If Chroma ends up having that many based on his energy color and being amazing, just imagine what they might do for the next frame. Would it even be able to live up to that? Would any new frame?

Well he supposed to be a support frame so my gues is his abilities will be based around buffs and debuffs.

Unfortunately im not somebody who can come up whith good skills so i leave it to the creative guys that task.

I honestly disagree it isn't that hard to start another conversation about chromas powers and what not.

"Aint my fault the topic keeps coming back to the appearance."This post from yesterday shows that you aren't yet willing to let go of the argument of his looks even though DE already knows and has known sense the last prime time as they have stated so.

No, we have a right to express our displeasure. YOU go into the rift and never come back for even suggesting that we have no right to express our opinions.

Possibility of 16 abilities. If Chroma ends up having that many based on his energy color and being amazing, just imagine what they might do for the next frame. Would it even be able to live up to that? Would any new frame?

I do admit that I am interested in the variety of abilities chroma might provide. 

I just hope the abilities aren't copy/pastes of older ones. If all of them are unique and useful I will be happy about the abilities at least. 

It may very well be true that the folks going on and on about the same thing are taking it too far. 

Yet to actually enter a thread and tell folks to "stop" or "let it go" is no act of reason.

There are many threads covering issues I am not concerned about.

I do not go into those threads and tell people to stop talking about it.

I simply ignore those threads and only get involved in issues I am concerned about.

Seriously.....let people worry about whatever it is they worry about.

*slow clap*

That one picture told the tale of an entire paragraph.

No, what cozzi21 is doing, is trolling.

I do admit that I am interested in the variety of abilities chroma might provide. 

I just hope the abilities aren't copy/pastes of older ones. If all of them are unique and useful I will be happy about the abilities at least. 

Same here regarding copy/paste. I'm a little worried that fire Chroma might resemble Ember or make her useless as the fire frame but i am prepared for disappointment just incase. Going to spend quite awhile testing his abilities in different colors just to find the one that works for me lol.

No, what cozzi21 is doing, is trolling.

Really now? Because we haven't beaten over the "Chroma doesn't look like a dragon" topic enough?

Because that's essentially what it comes down to, beating a dead horse, nearly all of both side arguments are just repeated statements

I honestly disagree it isn't that hard to start another conversation about chromas powers and what not.

"Aint my fault the topic keeps coming back to the appearance."This post from yesterday shows that you aren't yet willing to let go of the argument of his looks even though DE already knows and has known sense the last prime time as they have stated so.

I posted that because I don't like what was stated. We have a right to state opinions as I have stated time and time again. Does me defending our right to state an opinion mean that I am not willing to let go of the argument? No, it does not.

But you are right I am not willing to let go of my argument because it is my opinion. I am not going to change my opinion because of your displeasure. If you continue to speak about the appearance then I will reply in kind. If no one comments on the appearance anymore then I will stop. 

For some reason people like you think that I am only here to argue and complain. I am not. I am defending my opinion and I am angry that people like you keep telling others to stop talking about their opinion when all you do is talk about your opinion. It's hypocritical and it makes me angry. 

TLDR: I know what I said, you just took it the wrong way.

Now, are we going to talk about Chroma's abilities or are we going to try and make others look bad for the sake of making yourself feel good?

I recall Scott saying something about Chroma only using 3 of the 'base' elements in which toxin was not incluided, anyone else remember it as such or is my memory failing me? (It would be dissapointing if toxin wasn't actually incluided)

I recall Scott saying something about Chroma only using 3 of the 'base' elements in which toxin was not incluided, anyone else remember it as such or is my memory failing me? (It would be dissapointing if toxin wasn't actually incluided)

I heard 3 at first then later heard it would be 4.

I posted that because I don't like what was stated. We have a right to state opinions as I have stated time and time again. Does me defending our right to state an opinion mean that I am not willing to let go of the argument? No, it does not.

But you are right I am not willing to let go of my argument because it is my opinion. I am not going to change my opinion because of your displeasure. If you continue to speak about the appearance then I will reply in kind. If no one comments on the appearance anymore then I will stop. 

For some reason people like you think that I am only here to argue and complain. I am not. I am defending my opinion and I am angry that people like you keep telling others to stop talking about their opinion when all you do is talk about your opinion. It's hypocritical and it makes me angry. 

TLDR: I know what I said, you just took it the wrong way.

Now, are we going to talk about Chroma's abilities or are we going to try and make others look bad for the sake of making yourself feel good?

This isn't to "going to try and make others look bad for the sake of making yourself feel good?"  You are just trying to swat aside the truth of the matter, Invalid.  You are unable to let it go, you are unable to tolerate anyone who views anything differently from you and you are a broken record.  We, EVERYONE who has spent 10 minutes on the forums... knows how YOU feel.  DE knows how some people on the forums feel, is that not enough?  Maybe you can let other people talk about the POSITIVES instead of being a negative nancy all the D#$% time dude, Its sickening, it's beating a dead horse and it's immature. 

Once again, You've made your stance clear, now... you are NOT the ONLY person with a opinion.  Quit trying to steamroll anyone with your whole "If you continue to speak about the appearance then I will reply in kind."  You have just stated in NO uncertain terms that if ANYONE talks positively about Chroma you will seek to destroy their opinion.

This isn't healthy, and you need a break dude.

All four base elements should be available, heat, cold, electricity, toxin.

All four base elements should be available, heat, cold, electricity, toxin.

Scott did not mention toxin, though I hope it is available.