Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Re-Megathread)

Qynchou

kwCyXvu.png

by

lmao ;]

It took me a really long time to realize that's supposed to be an ant hill cuz he really looks like a dragon being all red and having a little tail. At first I thought he was eating a volcano then that he was throwing up...

Edited by immolator1001

At this point what do you expect from the Design Team?

An explanation behind the design?

And what if they don't?

Edit: Don't you all think the new Quest will have some explaining to offer on the theme?

Edited by arch111

And what if they don't?

Edit: Don't you all think the new Quest will have some explaining to offer on the theme?

Alt helmet and by that I mean something "cliche" dragon-like. You can do something for the community from time to time... surely.

Valkyr has a cat helmet, so don't tell me something cheesy is above DE's art team.

The players that consider Chroma ugly will have to pay 75p to un-ugly the frame. Consider it a taste tax if it makes you feel better.

EDIT: Found a good depiction that DE could take inspiration from for the helmet:

seaotter.png

Edited by LocoWithGun

This is the new megathread, split from the old. 

The old thread became tough to keep track of and keep under control, so this new one was formed.

Please remember to stay on topic; this thread is for intelligent & respectful conversation/discussion about Chroma!

And what if they don't?

Just saying. Here the original concept

==>https://forums.warfr...update-2092015/

I don't forget the awkard silence when they revealed Chroma at the PAX event, lol.

Just a what the hell moment...

Edited by Han971

I don't forget the awkard silence when they revealed Chroma at the PAX event, lol.

Just a what the hell moment...

Please stop posting that link everywhere. Its a fan concept of a Rhino made into a dragon frame, not DE's official concept art. When DE announced Chroma they said "Dragon Themed" not "We are making the fan concept off the forums", while Chorma may not look Dragon enough for some people, its the art direction DE went with.

Lol 'original concept'. You are aware that the dragon theme is not unique and Chroma is DE's take on it right?

Some people should stop having expectations of DE copy-pasting fanart because it's never going to happen. Our Zephyr wasn't a direct representarion of the original fan concept, but rather based on it.

Please stop posting that link everywhere. Its a fan concept of a Rhino made into a dragon frame, not DE's official concept art. When DE announced Chroma they said "Dragon Themed" not "We are making the fan concept off the forums", while Chorma may not look Dragon enough for some people, its the art direction DE went with.

The fact is most of community does a "what the hell" moment when dev's released Chroma' teaser (remember PAX convo)

Anyway, they don't like it.

Edited by Han971

The fact is most of community does a "what the hell" moment when dev's released Chroma' teaser (remember PAX convo)

I don't think it's a design that would be immediately accepted, but to say the crowd hated it right out the gate is a bit of a stretch. Maybe if I heard some boo's and hisses, but from what I understand it was complete silence. Not something that was immediately hyped up, but not something people were disgusted by...

Better for all if we focus on powers, Lore and role from now on.

And yes, the frame is not even out yet.

Edit: I did laugh and go:

What the hell does THAT mean?

When they said Chroma is a luckdragon from Never Ending story.

I mean, how does what work? RNG boosts?

Edited by arch111

How many people attended TennoLive? because that surely isn't the whole community. Remember DE has roughly 14 million players if correct. So the few that were there and the few on the forums throwing a hissy fit aren't the majority. You'd need to ask a lot more players that don't even visit the forums to know the real majority.