Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Re-Megathread)

Qynchou

Same. Hope he doesn't have terrible movement speed.

Oh geeze me too.

I deal with terrible movement speed by coptering all over the place... I copter wherever I go.

Yeah I do that but eventually i feel silly.

Ya I hate being frost and having to copter just to keep up with other frames. A standard sprint speed would be great, and he is a dragon, so who knows, maybe he's got some wings.

If there are wings I will use them excessively. lol

I just hope he is viable for a solo player like me to use. 

If he is supposed to be a team buffer then I certainly hope the buffs apply to the frame itself otherwise I am going to be in trouble when I solo with that frame.

Good point. I solo a lot myself because my schedule is so random.

Something I wanted to share is that I actually like some rather unconventional dragon designs.

For example:

Kaiser Dragon from Breath of fire

kaiser_dragon_by_xalcus-d30i91g.jpg

Tyrant Dragon from Breath of fire

bof4_dragon_tyrant_by_pannzilla-d6t8vms.

They both have some odd shapes on the head area and Instead of having the usual wings that spread they have these sort of energy wing things going on.

I had the below image as my wallpaper for a while

science_fiction_dragon-t2.jpg

Edited by Ronyn

Yes those are Dragons. Chroma isn't a dragon.

At the request of the moderator I'm done with my Chroma aesthetics critique as least for now.

All I'm pointing out is that the dragons in those pictures take some distinct liberties from the shapes in the traditional myths.

End result happens to be something that pleases my eyes. Sometimes the weird stuff works for me....sometimes it doesn't.

Please give Chroma a chance, like you would any warframe, before you bash him, we have no idea about anything but his looks, I agree he could look better but remember he still has his alt helm, maybe that looks more dragon?

Looks are all that matters.

Looks are all that matters.

Nice to know people immediately post without reading what people post.

Please give Chroma a chance, like you would any warframe, before you bash him, we have no idea about anything but his looks, I agree he could look better but remember he still has his alt helm, maybe that looks more dragon?

Edited by NovusNova

Hm, that is an entirely different argument. I could go on all day about DE's business practices with the recent alt helms but I will spare you a rant. 

Remember the Luck-dragon thing?

Could he possibly buff proc chances and maby add auras to allies?

Maby reduce proc chance and debuff enemies?

This would be really cool, especially when color dictates what and how it works. Really creative coders could probably make the most versatile warframe in the game with skills like that.

Remember the Luck-dragon thing?

Could he possibly buff proc chances and maby add auras to allies?

Maby reduce proc chance and debuff enemies?

This would be really cool, especially when color dictates what and how it works. Really creative coders could probably make the most versatile warframe in the game with skills like that.

I don't want to speculate on his powers, but as a passive that luck would be a great addition. Like +25% luck to proc chances (positive and negative), to crit chance and my personal favourite to rare item drop chance ;]  (yeah right - but I can dream, can't I?)

I don't want to speculate on his powers, but as a passive that luck would be a great addition. Like +25% luck to proc chances (positive and negative), to crit chance and my personal favourite to rare item drop chance ;]  (yeah right - but I can dream, can't I?)

sounds goodgmEO6.gif I like it

Edited by -Jack.Of.Blades-

Warframe is Sci-fi Not Fantasy.... So it is expected that Warframes Will be based on existing stuff ...Very nice design 

This exists 

ccs-3-0-27372600-1404790983.jpg

People are still showing examples of dragons...this is like a Rhino thread with actual pictures of Rhinos

Rhino looks more like the Rhino beetle http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d2/Rhinoceros_Beetle_Side.JPG

Edited by Ronyn

This exists -snip-

that looks like it was drawn IDK why.

Yes, still more dragon than Chroma... >:p

j/k, but if Chroma had some spikes like that, he'd be cool.

Yea chroma could use more cowbell. . . I mean horns lol jk but seriously I would love more horns on him

Edited by -Jack.Of.Blades-