Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Re-Megathread)

Qynchou

I'm curious to see whether if Croma will reveal itself to be a very strong warframe then what people would say about it.

My bet is that if it will be OP good at killing stuff with 4 like Saryn or Ash then all the rants about it appearance will cease in place of praises. :P

Didn't some devstream overview said he is support frame?

Oh, no, you didn't exaggerate. You didn't exaggerate at all. 

It's your loss if you decide to avoid it because of how it looks. I'm sure you will try it later on either way. The thing is, is that we have so many cosmetic items everywhere that a frame with no cosmetics almost looks doesn't look like itself when it has cosmetics on.

Personally, I think he will be an amazing frame. I don't care abut his looks, because he's going to be a good frame to bring to any mission. Any element type will be great.

There has never been a warframe whose looks I hated until Chroma. So I doubt I'd be picking him up regardless of his powers. Also from the datamined names I doubt he will be the best warframe ever. If anything ability wise he seems to be similar to Rhino.

There has never been a warframe whose looks I hated until Chroma. So I doubt I'd be picking him up regardless of his powers. Also from the datamined names I doubt he will be the best warframe ever. If anything ability wise he seems to be similar to Rhino.

you like even http://i.imgur.com/afBeW33.jpg

lol found this aswell just for fun (will give you warframe nightmares)http://i.imgur.com/z4jsW2x.png

Accurate enough.

How so if I may ask? I mean Hayden even though he was infected with technocyte he wasn't considered an infested because he still retained intellectual features.

Also the infested in warframe are hive mind like whilst chroma being apart of the tenno isn't so much IMO.

Edited by -Jack.Of.Blades-

How so if I may ask? I mean Hayden even though he was infected with technocyte he wasn't considered an infested because he still retained intellectual features.

Also the infested in warframe are hive mind like whilst chroma being apart of the tenno isn't so much IMO.

Warframes are spawned from the Technocyte, hence Lephantis' "we are your flesh" quote, but are kept separate from the hivemind by Tenno interference, Orokin lobotomization, or some combination of both (likely a combination of both, or the latter over the former). The same goes for Chroma to Excalibur and so on - even backed by Dark Sector as it was the Technocyte and the mutations Hayden gained throughout the process of the Infestation that gave him his powers, no Void exposure needed.

My theory is that the Orokin Empire latched onto the legends of him that were spawned and began to try and use the Infestation in a way similar to him - humanoid creatures to combat the Sentients. Hence the name "Tenno", and "accurate by technicality" confirmation DE made of Hayden as the first Tenno.

I said "accurate enough" - not 100% true, but I didn't feel like going into deeper detail.

Edited by Morec0

Warframes are spawned from the Technocyte, hence Lephantis' "we are your flesh" quote, but are kept separate from the hivemind by Tenno interference, Orokin lobotomization, or some combination of both (likely a combination of both, or the latter over the former). The same goes for Chroma to Excalibur and so on - even backed by Dark Sector as it was the Technocyte and the mutations Hayden gained throughout the process of the Infestation that gave him his powers, no Void exposure needed.

My theory is that the Orokin Empire latched onto the legends of him that were spawned and began to try and use the Infestation in a way similar to him - humanoid creatures to combat the Sentients. Hence the name "Tenno", and "accurate by technicality" confirmation DE made of Hayden as the first Tenno.

I said "accurate enough" - not 100% true, but I didn't feel like going into deeper detail.

"hence Lephantis' "we are your flesh"He could also just be implying that we are made up of organic flesh like he is.

"separate from the hivemind by Tenno interference" IMHO I believe the tenno have a built resistance to technocyte or maybe an affinity for it if you will because the tenno weren't there for hayden back when he contracted the virus/disease.

"I said "accurate enough" - not 100% true, but I didn't feel like going into deeper detail." I still feel that implying chroma is infested is wrong no matter what amount of accuracy you imply because chroma doesn't apply to the description of the infested in the codex in its entirety"INFESTATION describes both a disease and its victims - a metamorphic affliction without cure. Living organisms are consumed and merged into rabid amalgamations.

Individuals are violent and animalistic yet the larger whole exhibits signs of coordination, with multiple swarms converging on ships and colonies.

Its origins are uncertain but there is historical evidence of a similar outbreak before The Collapse."

"hence Lephantis' "we are your flesh"He could also just be implying that we are made up of organic flesh like he is.

"separate from the hivemind by Tenno interference" IMHO I believe the tenno have a built resistance to technocyte or maybe an affinity for it if you will because the tenno weren't there for hayden back when he contracted the virus/disease.

"I said "accurate enough" - not 100% true, but I didn't feel like going into deeper detail." I still feel that implying chroma is infested is wrong no matter what amount of accuracy you imply because chroma doesn't apply to the description of the infested in the codex in its entirety"INFESTATION describes both a disease and its victims - a metamorphic affliction without cure. Living organisms are consumed and merged into rabid amalgamations.

Individuals are violent and animalistic yet the larger whole exhibits signs of coordination, with multiple swarms converging on ships and colonies.

Its origins are uncertain but there is historical evidence of a similar outbreak before The Collapse."

Perhaps... seems a little strange, though, considering the infested Hivemind's been attacked quite a few times before. Why does he seem so surprised. He's not stating a fact "You attack us, but we are your flesh" he's asking a question, trying to figure it out "Why do you destroy us?". I think he's seeing our frames, seeing the Technocyte that constructs them and the Infested both, and being unable to understand why something that is supposed to be the same as him is attacking and killing the hivemind.

Curious at the same time is his request of "consume us. be reborn". Strange thing to say... But this is a creature that has been living by feeding on organic material for centuries upon centuries, as all Infested are likely capable of, so such may only be natural for him to think... or it might be he's mistaking us, and our Technocyte frames, as being there to do what the Technocyte does; consume, evolve.

Similarly, consider that Lephantis was being developed as a weapon for the Old War... what else what developed as a weapon for the Old War? In particular by a scientist named Davis and his narrator friend... Yes, the creature from the RPC - the Proto-Rhino, the dawn of the Warframe though not the first true frame.

IMO, the Warframes are a variation of the Technocyte, something of a split in its developmental evolution. On one hand you have it being made into Warframes, occupied by the Tenno for use in the old War, on the other you have the biological weapon as it was in Dark Sector. A warm. A hivemind. A monstrous nightmare.

Perhaps... seems a little strange, though, considering the infested Hivemind's been attacked quite a few times before. Why does he seem so surprised. He's not stating a fact "You attack us, but we are your flesh" he's asking a question, trying to figure it out "Why do you destroy us?". I think he's seeing our frames, seeing the Technocyte that constructs them and the Infested both, and being unable to understand why something that is supposed to be the same as him is attacking and killing the hivemind.

Curious at the same time is his request of "consume us. be reborn". Strange thing to say... But this is a creature that has been living by feeding on organic material for centuries upon centuries, as all Infested are likely capable of, so such may only be natural for him to think... or it might be he's mistaking us, and our Technocyte frames, as being there to do what the Technocyte does; consume, evolve.

Similarly, consider that Lephantis was being developed as a weapon for the Old War... what else what developed as a weapon for the Old War? In particular by a scientist named Davis and his narrator friend... Yes, the creature from the RPC - the Proto-Rhino, the dawn of the Warframe though not the first true frame.

IMO, the Warframes are a variation of the Technocyte, something of a split in its developmental evolution. On one hand you have it being made into Warframes, occupied by the Tenno for use in the old War, on the other you have the biological weapon as it was in Dark Sector. A warm. A hivemind. A monstrous nightmare.

Honestly I am happy that you posted this because I was really hoping for a thought provoking post,well done.

Sadly though I have to call it a night or I would love to continue speculating(not implying that none of which you say could be untrue).

Honestly I am happy that you posted this because I was really hoping for a thought provoking post,well done.

Sadly though I have to call it a night or I would love to continue speculating(not implying that none of which you say could be untrue).

In truth: I shoulda been asleep a while ago myself.

ugly isnt bad. ugly may very likely be intended, we dont need waifu frame. Not everything should look beautiful but he looks interesting, dare I say cool in his own way. A beastial almost infected frame? No S#&$ its gonna look ugly, but its awesome that he does.

Ugly is bad. Nobody said it should be some cute kawaii frame hopping around baking cakes; but it shouldn't be unappealing and look like it was just a bad design choice. Ugly isn't awesome. Ugly is ugly. 

Ugly is bad. Nobody said it should be some cute kawaii frame hopping around baking cakes; but it shouldn't be unappealing and look like it was just a bad design choice. Ugly isn't awesome. Ugly is ugly. 

No see this is where you guys are acting like silly billys. You want this beautiful dragon frame that looks like various dragons you know to be, but its not and thats too bad. Its draogn in nature not necessarily look (although it has draconic elements to it people choose to ignore). Ugly is not bad, 'unapealing' would be, but its only unapealing to you because you had such different hopes for it. It looks fine, it fits in the universe just fine, its just not pretty and so what. Also looking around the forums, certainly of course for female frames, yea people would love that and those designs are terrible.

Edited by Letter13
removed profanity