Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Re-Megathread)

Qynchou

Full squads of Chroma when hunting those elusive prime parts.

Probably going to see a lot of full Chroma squads anyway. Considering the ability effects change based on element/color... I can't help but wonder what sort of synergy you could get with the "buffs"/"luck" DE spoke about at Tennolive when you have 4 Chromas with different energy colors.

I'm really hoping it isn't just an elemental shield/resistance, and that it actually acts as a buff to frame/weapon performance (i.e. boosting teammates' damage of that type of element)

A "bestow luck" power that heals and grants a damage boost to a mob, but in exchange increases its drops if you kill it in the duration? 

That's actually a pretty neat idea. Double-edge sword.

Im getting sick of all the people saying its an anteater when I see it as a dragon pelt on his body :c

Plus there's the faceplate under the nozzle the fire comes out of too.

Like this: 

-snip-

I always disliked that look when other games used it. 

I still dislike it when warframe does it.

Im getting sick of all the people saying its an anteater when I see it as a dragon pelt on his body :c

I see the Motie Python Spanish Inquisition crew.  Did you expect that?

Personally, I'm not too keen on the aesthetics.  Between the stance and whatever is on the mass is on its top side, it looks more like a mob than a Tenno. 

However, the real measuring stick will come when its actually available.  People complained heavily about Oberon, Limbo, and Mesa when they came out based on their appearance.  But people will put up with, accept, even grow to like it so long as the frame is useful, or at least fun.  Mesa's been agreed on as very useful, Limbo is liked by a segment of the player base, but Oberon largely failed in that regard and has kind of faded into ignominy. 

Yes, Scott was actually pretty hyped about several chromas at the same time, something that made me Wonder/fear/anticipate Chroma actually being more or less required in certain tilesets/gamemodes.

Personally I feel he was talking about Raids.

It was Steve who true to form brought up Never Ending story as a source of inspiration.

My thought was: 4 Chromas = Rainbow Squad.

Of course it depend on how the element effects each power.

Just saying. Here the original concept

==>https://forums.warfr...update-2092015/

I don't forget the awkard silence when they revealed Chroma at the PAX event, lol.

Just a what the hell moment...

That is not "The original" concept, it is a player made concept. Also, when it comes to dragons, that is definately cliché. 

It might look an ant eater but, to me, it also looks like a dragon. We just have to wait until it is released before we can judge.

Ugliest Frame of All Time

Also those full Chroma squads are highly unlikely since there is bound to be one element that is the best and everyone will just use that.

Plus there's the faceplate under the nozzle the fire comes out of too

Sorry I'll stop calling him an anteater. Instead I'll call him a seahorse, a wax covered unicorn, Quasimodo, melted action figure, man-bear-pig, jar jar binks wannabe. How are those? Better?

Still don't get why people were expecting some rhino sized frame. Doesn't even make sense for a dragon but it would on an earth frame.

Umm Quasimodo looks pretty big and bulky. He will probably be close to Rhino's size.

Edited by Takatashi

Ugliest Frame of All Time

Also those full Chroma squads are highly unlikely since there is bound to be one element that is the best and everyone will just use that.

Sorry I'll stop calling him an anteater. Instead I'll call him a seahorse, a wax covered unicorn, Quasimodo, melted action figure, man-bear-pig, jar jar binks wannabe. How are those? Better?

Umm Quasimodo looks pretty big and bulky. He will probably be close to Rhino's size.

SbbvIxe.jpg

Let's get something out of the way.

Chroma's head shape is not reminiscent of any dragon or sea serpent of myth.

Not the western, not the asian, not the greek, not the southern hemispheres...etc.

It simply isn't. 

DE went in a different direction with it than that. That is their choice.

So we can each like or dislike it but let's not pretend it is something it is not.

Edited by Ronyn

That is not "The original" concept, it is a player made concept. Also, when it comes to dragons, that is definately cliché. 

It might look an ant eater but, to me, it also looks like a dragon. We just have to wait until it is released before we can judge.

Just to clarify : That player made concept is - after DE "players have requested a dragon themed warframe" source. So players that liked and upvoted that player made concept, are by all means those players that made the request of dragon themed wf, that DE spoke about. You can of course prove me wrong and show me a topic/thread considering a Dragon WF that is more popular, or upvoted. Sure from time to time You can see an idea for dragon based WF in Fan concepts. But this was one of the most upvoted one (it's second after Typhus). 

Chroma so badass that he can kill enemies in space from the ground.

sure he can /sarcasm 

What are you aiming at? Archwing enemies?

pic

The guy defending an "original" warframe can only post one pic as a response. The irony.

Edited by Takatashi