Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Re-Megathread)

Qynchou

OP circling that part of picture, wanted to point that he has the exactly same thing on his knees that the revealed Chroma had. Also shape of head is exactly the same. No mistake here. It's Chroma. But without a tail it seems.

Z2bmC2S.jpg

ah. thank you for pointing this out. i'm not going to go on a tangent with my thoughts on chroma, but it's good to know.

Why would they redesign a frame that's not even in game? Because people finds its ugly? The forum is always polarized when it comes to frame looks

reason why they would redesign it: money. if people don't like it, they won't buy it.

I have to admit the looks aren't the issue(my opinion), it's the fact that people are too used to the European design of a dragon, and they don't like the thought of a supportive dragon unit in a group of tenno

reason why they would redesign it: money. if people don't like it, they won't buy it.

I have to admit the looks aren't the issue(my opinion), it's the fact that people are too used to the European design of a dragon, and they don't like the thought of a supportive dragon unit in a group of tenno

Alot of people didn't Like Limbo especially  but DE still chose not to redesign him, money isn't the issue. Infact people are likely going to farm the frames than buy it outright to save plat along with the other U16 stuff.

Its most likely his alt helm, maybe DE switched his planned alt helm to his default helm, and his shown default helm to be his alt helm.

Would have been the best solution, people start with a more dragon looking (hopefully) helm, then if they liked the old one, they can have it if they want.

Yeah about that...

Not to crap on your whole theorycrafting but I just want to know if there is any confirmation that the line is still there. I don't recall in which one it was but it was presented in some patch notes that an 'ambiguous Ordis line' in the Limbo Theorem quest was modified (as Steve said they would in that one QA reddit thread). I think it would be wise to confirm that that line is still there before using it as an argument point, otherwise we just have to pretend it never happened.

With all the bloody dataminers and whathaveyou out there, I imagine that the moment it got changed we'd have known about it.

Its most likely his alt helm, maybe DE switched his planned alt helm to his default helm, and his shown default helm to be his alt helm.

Would have been the best solution, people start with a more dragon looking (hopefully) helm, then if they liked the old one, they can have it if they want.

Nekros was similar, he was displayed with his Alt helm and Syndana, but on released we just got his default helm.

Then somehow we started to get really over the top things like oberon, mesa, limbo, hydroid, zephyr, and now chroma

I think the art style has gotten afar from its true roots - whether that be good or bad though is just a matter of opinion - I however believe it should stay to its true roots.

TLDR;

it's not bad, but it's not good in my opinion either, it's just different

How is limbo over the top? he basically just has a hat and a suit, on par with frost's design. Mesa is also not complex at all she is literally a "suit" but with wrap on her head.

Sea monster=/= dragon

There's classically been a close association of the two. And looking at Greek mythology - the same culture from which Chroma's name is pulled - the serpentine aspect of a dragon is exaggerated a little more, like the image you quoted.

Not like I see a point why I'm arguing, though, if it had been anything other than Rhino-clone Europe-dragon people would have been pissed about it regardless.

There's classically been a close association of the two. And looking at Greek mythology - the same culture from which Chroma's name is pulled - the serpentine aspect of a dragon is exaggerated a little more, like the image you quoted.

Not like I see a point why I'm arguing, though, if it had been anything other than Rhino-clone Europe-dragon people would have been &!$$ed about it regardless.

I wouldn't have complained too much. 

I can see why people don't want another but lets be honest, we are kinda lacking in the beefy tough-guy frame department. Eventually I would like to see another. Not soon, but eventually.

In the Greek culture there was a close association yet they are not synonymous. They are not the same thing.

Draco was a serpentine dragon, Cetus was a serpentine sea monster. Both serpentine, not both dragons.

In fact several of the Cetus myths sound more like a whale than a serpent anyway....

And Chroma's name, despite being a greek word, may very well be a reference to the Chromantic Dragon from D&D which was confirmed to be the inspiration behind his power style. 

Not like I see a point why I'm arguing, though, if it had been anything other than Rhino-clone Europe-dragon people would have been &!$$ed about it regardless.

I don't buy that at all. There is no reason to think something like an Asian style dragon based frame would have been ill received.

Edited by Ronyn

In the Greek culture there was a close association yet they are not synonymous. They are not the same thing.

And Chroma's name, despite being a greek word, may very well be a reference to the Chromantic Dragon from D&D which was confirmed to be the inspiration behind his power style. 

I don't buy that at all. There is no reason to think something like an Asian style dragon based frame would have been ill received.

The Cetus was a type of dragon associated with the ocean. A sea serpent, yes, but a sea serpent was just a type of dragon for the Greeks.

And where do you think Chromatic got it's name from? Hrmm?

Maybe, maybe not, but people were SO sure that it was Endrian's concept in the days leading up to it (I myself one of them and DREADING it) that I think it's not beyond the realm of possibility. Because, I don't make this claim under "oh! people wanted a European-style Dragon Frame" but "people wanted what a player had created" and what the player had created was a European-style dragon frame. Anything else wouldn't have been it, and people would have been &!$$ed regardless..

I wouldn't have complained too much. 

I can see why people don't want another but lets be honest, we are kinda lacking in the beefy tough-guy frame department. Eventually I would like to see another. Not soon, but eventually.

And I wouldn't have complained at all, but I think we've got enough beefy guys for the time. And, while that might be true, I don't particularly care for the look. Rhino just looks incredibly boring to me.

EDIT: Though, I have to say, Chroma's pretty bulky looking.

Edited by Morec0