Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Re-Megathread)

Qynchou

"There is no contradiction." stating that ""Does that mean that Chroma cannot have inspirations from any form of dragon? no."  and have stated in the original post"Chroma's head shape is not reminiscent of any dragon or sea serpent of myth."which I argued that dragons in itself are of myth,implying a contradiction between the two statements.

Inspiration and reminiscent aren't synonymous.  And dragons being myth does not negate the requirements for what makes something reminiscent.

"I apologize, I have been having this discussion for days now and I mistakenly thought it was clear by now what I was referring to. Hopefully it is clear now."so you have been arguing about classic drawings of dragons instead of the general eastern/western dragons artists draw?I doubt you were that clear in past posts.

When I am defining what is the "classic" or "traditional" dragons 

I am talking about the dragons drawn in earlier era's. The time where these myths originated and were then passed along. The sources.

I am not defining what is the "classic" or "traditional" dragons based on how they are drawn in recent years.

In recent years some artists go for the more "classic" or "traditional" looks and some artists go for something different.

I am not saying artists can't explore new directions or even reinvent the wheel....Heck some of my favorite art is some wild new take an old idea.

I am only saying that we should acknowledge when they do go somewhere different with stuff.

btw just out of curiosity sense you imply "classic" could you argue that the dragon from the avatar the last air bender which in itself is considered a classic wouldn't apply that http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/avatar/images/1/13/Dragons_firebending.png/revision/20101227020211 isn't a classic depiction of a dragon?

That is an example of a modern artist going with the more  "classic" or "traditional" depiction of the Asian style dragon. 

This is basically what is going on with Chroma's snout for the unimaginative.

I can imagine plenty of things. Doesn't mean what I come up with what was used.

(its just as possible that Mynki was like..hey I'm going to go with a seahorse/hippcampus vibe on this)

But why does his snout look so cylindrical? Tell me how his flamethrower won't burn his face off if it wasn't cylindrical. Go build yourself a flamethrower with the bottom of the accelerant spewing nozzle cut away and explain why it's nearly setting you on fire.

Ember can handle her hands being on fire and nova can literately roll antimatter around in the palm of her hands without problem....

but Chroma has to have a head based on the rules of a flame thrower nozzle to avoid burning himself.

heh...In all seriousness though-

Inability to deconstruct and reconstruct what they are looking at.

-Sure, that line of reasoning may very well be what DE used to come to the end of what they made.

However it's rather convenient to dismiss what the shaping of the end result resembles. 

And despite all parts that came together, if the end result creates the silhouette of a different creature....

there is no folly in seeing it as such.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Seriously guys does it have to come to the point where the various sides are essentially pelting each other with thinly veiled insults? 

Edited by Ronyn

Just because something doesn't look exactly as you normally picture it, does not mean it's not that thing.

That's like saying that this is not a bear because it lacks fur.

fmxxQ0P.jpg

That's not a bear. It's a massively mutated elephant.

Edited by Naith

Then please by all means, do show us these statistics.

Sample of statistic on 1st page. It's the Poll. Large enough sample of community, based on what we got from there You can be sure that adding more ppl to it won't change proportions much. So 24% like him, 24& says "meh", 47% says "ugly". and it's over 1900 votes. That is a good statistic.

This here ^

To quote, "There are lies, damn lies, and statistics." lol.

No one will be able to even pretend to know the true, and wider, community reaction till it goes on sell.  So, I have no idea why someone would say "I have statistics that proove it's the worst thing ever". 

I personally like it.  It's atypical and ugly in a great way.  Also it breathes fire so it's a dragon or at least has a dragon subclass so close enough for a space ninja. 

Yea something called statistics and that you aren't using them. You can not use an extremely small sample to get accurate statistics for 14 million people. 

This is basically what is going on with Chroma's snout for the unimaginative.

This.

QU9dRyZ.png

Plus.

This.

Flamethrower.jpg

Equals this.

5aRKix5.jpg

But why does his snout look so cylindrical? Tell me how his flamethrower won't burn his face off if it wasn't cylindrical. Go build yourself a flamethrower with the bottom of the accelerant spewing nozzle cut away and explain why it's nearly setting you on fire.

Basically the top part of the dragon's snout is wrapped around to complete the nozzle. That is probably why people see a seahorse when it's obviously a dragon. Inability to deconstruct and reconstruct what they are looking at.

Well considering there are 40000 active forum users, meaning they are aproximately the amount of people that actually have saw or talk about the Dragon frame, and taking a sample of about 2000 people . That means that our sample is about 5% of the population. 

Now on idustrial quality tests, for a visual defect a 2% sample is more than enough to represent the "real world". We have 5% so  it is quite a good sample, now you now may say that 40000 could only represent 0.3 % of the total supposed population, but there is something called tendencies therefore it is more probable for me to be right judging on the presented evidence, than for you to be right by just saying the "sample is small "or that "not everyone have saw him".

There is no point in denying numbers. 

Also this is a poll of "preliminary good looks" nothing else is in cosideration given the fact that abilities or gameplay are yet to be revealed. So the statistics may change until then , but right now the comon idea is that he is ugly... 

Just saying. Here the original concept

==>https://forums.warfr...update-2092015/

I don't forget the awkard silence when they revealed Chroma at the PAX event, lol.

Just a what the hell moment...

This is a fan concept and DE didnt said hey lets adapt this fan concept into my game he just took an inspiration from there and by the way we dont need another rhino in the game one is enough.

Who was actually at TennoLive when this was revealed? Was there actually a deadening silence or poor audio reception at the time?

It was weirdly quiet online, you're right on that. No massive applauding or anything after the reveal.

Edited by (PS4)Folkeye

It was weirdly quiet online, you're right on that. No massive applauding or anything after the reveal.

Mhm, I figured it couldn't have been that quiet so it must've been audio problems but people have yet to give me an answer when I've asked around. Not sure who went so I can't ask directly.

Really do want to know though.

Sample of statistic on 1st page. It's the Poll. Large enough sample of community, based on what we got from there You can be sure that adding more ppl to it won't change proportions much. So 24% like him, 24& says "meh", 47% says "ugly". and it's over 1900 votes. That is a good statistic.

the poll isn't that far off honestly it's a bit unclear and should be clear as yes I like him and no I don't like him to increase the accuracy of the poll.Regardless here would be the amount of people needed to vote for said poll to be effective with yes or no 3315.

what I used to find the sample sized needed-http://www.surveysystem.com/sscalc.htm#one

and how I found the confidence interval-http://americanresearchgroup.com/moe.html

warframes population infographic-http://www.digitalextremes.com/news/2014/03/warframe-year-1-infographic

this was more for fun then to prove who's right and who's wrong,I honestly had a blast researching.

And to all the chroma haters/blindfishes who take nonsense about him well you dont have to play him if you findhim uggly.

Considering this game is more based on grind than anything else : Yeah we do have to play him. Look whats happening now. No updates because they're working on u16. Meaning all vets that have all the things in don't have nothing fun to do. Just grind and grind. For resources, credits, forma, prime parts, orokin ducats. You name it. I myslef have nothing else to do, just wait for new content. 

And I'd prefer if he could look a bit more nice to the eye. I will spend some time with him. Potatoe him. Put 3 or 4 forma on him. 

I'd appreciate if in that time at least a proper alt helmet was introduced. I can't stand to watch default one :/

TgUw7CK.jpg

Edited by tocorro

You should go over and feed it an apple if you are so convinced that it's an elephant. I hear they like apples and interacting with people.

I want to carry on but... Hmm not sure if you were aware I (very clearly) was not being serious in my first post, as you then posted a second with an image of a bear with fur stating such and now this.

Edited by Naith

I want to carry on but... Hmm not sure if you were aware I (very clearly) was not being serious in my first post, as you then posted a second with an image of a bear with fur stating such and now this.

Then why did you say it's not a bear =_=. Ugh.

but . . . .but. . .mutant elephants aren't real?! why would you do that to me sad_panda_day.jpg

It was such a deceptive picture D:

Then why did you say it's not a bear =_=. Ugh.

Because I was having a laugh? It was clearly sarcasm and obvious it was actually a bear.

Edited by Naith

-snip-

Don't apply Ember and Nova's abilities to Chroma. He is neither of them. It may not even be to prevent himself from being burned as much as it is to prevent the flame from obscuring his vision. Was hoping i wouldn't have to point that out. Either way, what was the point of quoting me and adding such input? I'm merely providing another POV for those that do not understand what others might be seeing and i hope that it was clear enough. Whether or not it was what the creator was thinking is irrelevant. As for your observation of thinly veiled insults, that has been present since the Chroma haters started making their passive aggressive rage posts/insults toward DE and others that say Chroma is fine.

Just because something doesn't look exactly as you normally picture it, does not mean it's not that thing.

That's like saying that this is not a bear because it lacks fur.

fmxxQ0P.jpg

This bear is kind of frightening to be honest. Imagine being chased by a hairless bear...

So does anyone want to discuss Chroma's possible roles or abilities?

I hear it's supposed to have team buffs. Think different colors will give you different buffs?

Hey Immolator and yeah I personally think that chroma will have team buffs what with raids being added in U16 :D

This bear is kind of frightening to be honest. Imagine being chased by a hairless bear...

I kinda think it's cute :X but kinda sad how it looks like it has mange.

Edited by -Jack.Of.Blades-