Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma, The New Dragon Frame (Re-Megathread)

Qynchou

I'm sorry, but unless one of his powers swaps his fugly character model for a better one, I don't see what trying him is going to accomplish.

Errm, good news. The Transformer-theme for a possible new Warframe is not taken yet, stay tuned (but just like the original Megatron, it might transform into something very very stupid, like a Skana-prop for Trailer-Excaliburs).

It's likely one of his power will change his appearance, which is why they said you should try him before you making a full judgement.

If he's suddenly going to sprout wings and an ethereal dragon cloak i think that is worth at least seeing how his form changes when you play him

I will remain skeptical about his appearance changing as Megan and Rebecca are both DE employees and as such they are likely to promote DE's products. So yeah I can't blindly trust them and will continue to passionately hate Chroma and call him ugly until I get some hard evidence to the contrary.

If you think of him as a sea-horse frame and colour him appropriately, maybe he wouldn't look so bad...? What follows is just my opinion, but he's very likely the ugliest frame yet. Dragons are badass, not goofy. I understand why they didn't want to go for a western-looking dragon... but they really should have gone with a western-looking dragon lol.

Chroma is far too textured. Zephyr is gorgeous, but coloring her is a nightmare because of all those textures, in addition to those massive swathes of uncolorable grey tones. Limbo is textured, but not excessively. Hydroid has texture, but also has large smooth portions to balance it out. Mesa is very clean-cut and only really detailed where her bandana/scarf is.

Chroma is just textured everywhere, giving him a busy appearance and making him even larger than he already appears. Not to mention the textures are nothing more than straight lines that resemble nothing other than sinew and licorice. At the very least he could've had an excessively scaley appearance rather than a rotting meaty one.

Also his helmet resembles an eastern dragon if any dragon at all , and those are known for being long and serpentine. You've got a head designed for long and slender animals on a big and bulky meatblock. That's not good design.

If his abilities do somehow make him look better than so be it.

However, as it stands the base appearance of Chroma still looks like an infested meatblock. 

What his abilities do is irrelevant unless they affect his appearance elsewhere (which I am fairly sure they don't). 

What we will be seeing on the Liset, Archwing, Relays, and Dojos will still be Chroma's base model with whatever accessories we added.

My argument and my opinion remain unchanged unless there is proof to the contrary.

Calling it right now, DE intentionally made Chroma's default helm terrible so they can get day-one sales of the alternate helm. They're gonna pull a Mirage, I know it.

Mirage's main helmet wasn't even that bad, seriously.

I like it. Reminded me of Eldar.

http://darksector.wikia.com/wiki/Chroma I want to know if there's any relation between our Chroma and those, or if they just share a name and that's it (like the Stalker in Warframe and the one in Dark Sector seem to).

mindblown_zpsf9559d74.gif

good find! now I like chroma 100% more then I already did just for that cool facter XD(already liked him anyways though hehe)

maybe he can go invisible :3 that would be epic cause I only see 2 stealth frames 3 if you count prime loki.I remember those guys in DS being tricky to find and kill sometimes XD

Edited by -Jack.Of.Blades-

mindblown_zpsf9559d74.gif

good find! now I like chroma 100% more then I already did just for that cool facter XD(already liked him anyways though hehe)

maybe he can go invisible :3 that would be epic cause I only see 2 stealth frames 3 if you count prime loki.I remember those guys in DS being tricky to find and kill sometimes XD

If I could -1 I would.

Who ever heard of a stealthy dragon? (Nevermind the fact that chroma does not follow that theme enough.)