The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Weapon To Forma (Mr 5 Or Lower)?

FatmanKilimanjaro

Question

12 answers to this question

I really can't say what's best. I think I've tater'd everything for the mod points. Sometimes you cant get a real feel for a weapon if you can't put mods on it.

As forma go, you'll get plenty, so I don't worry too much about wasting one. It all depends on your playstyle. I've put forma, sometimes many, on weapons that most people wouldn't use just because it's a weapon I enjoy using.

I never was a shotgun person, but after playing with the Kohm and putting many forma on it, I absolutely love it.

Every player has his/her weapon of choice. Find something you like and have at it.

A well modded, potatoed and Forma'd Amprex or Ignis is great for clearing crowds and works well for mid-game. Amprex can work in a much higher level range, so I'd go for that, although there is a chance a nerf to it's interaction with Sinister Reach will put it back down to a mostly single-target weapon.

The Sybaris or Grinlok with the syndicate mod are great DMR's available at MR5. The Vectis is available at MR3, and is one of the best snipers in the game. The Hek with the syndicate mod is possibly the most powerful 'conventional' shotgun in the game, and is available at MR4.

If you're willing to farm prime weapons, the Boltor Prime is available to you (mastery wise) and is one of the strongest rifles in the game (although greatly overused). The Braton Prime and/or Burston Prime are both great status weapons without mastery locks.

Amprex, Syabris, Grinlock, and maybe the Vectis are all crit based.

Most of the great sidearms are mastery locked to R6, or are from rare drops off of the assassins.