March 13Th: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Drew

Community Hot Topics  

3,234 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

AFK system

2 minutes is simply not enough. 5-10 would be more acceptable in my opinion. What if someone has to go to the restroom or otherwise is forced to leave for some time? Also, while no one likes leeches, I don't think there's much point in punishing the player for it. Just look at rookie players. They have no choice but to leech from higher level runs if they want to obtain mods and other necessities.

In general, I think the current AFK system does more harm than good by affecting legitimate players because of a small macro using minority. Why is it bad to begin with anyway? You can't say macros are fine and then desperately combat. them. Rather, just adjust the maps accordingly once something like E-gate and Viver does happen. 

Frost

Not much to say here. I think all the slower frames should have their speed bumped up to 1.0 instead of the current 0.9. Frost more specifically could use some some improvement to his abilities. For example, Avalanche could debuff or outright destroy enemy armor(logic being that the flash-freeze makes their armor so brittle that it shatters with ease) and freeze could have an explosive AOE(kind of like an ice grenade).

The general freeze effects of his abilities could be more dramatic, freezing most enemies solid. 

Capture the Cephalon

Okay, where do I start? My experience with this mode was terrible. Weapon and frame balance just doesn't seem to be there. At least it wasn't there at release. Perhaps the latest hotfixes have improved it slightly, but my experience was so frustrating that I didn't bother checking. ''Why?'' You might ask? Because host migration does not work in conclaves and all the hosts I encountered quit once they got shot one too many times or their team was losing, basically forcing all of the players back to their ships without any reward. 

Sniper rifles

And finally, we arrive at sniper rifles. Simply put, we simply do not have enough of them and the ones we do have are extremely underpowered when compared to bows.

For example, why is the Lanka not hit scan? Why doesn't it have an auto-charge feature? Or how about a X-ray scope that allows you to snipe enemies trough cover?

In my mind, both rifles and bows should be focused on skilful single target take downs that require while sniper rifles would be the louder, more open combat-oriented weapons. Both should feel distinctive and powerful in their own ways.

Sniper rifles are harder to use than any other rifles, yet they rely on crit and have the risk of about 50% beeing crapshots, not counting multishot.

They need their own mods.

They need the same crit as bows to be worth it in my opinion.

3. Freeze - the ice bolt is too slow

Avalanche - with max Blind rage, max Transient and max Intensify Frost cannot kill 30 lvl grineers. That's actually sad.

5. Capture the Cephalon - overall idea and pace of the game is good, but coptering enemies are impossible to kill with anything else than Volt's ultimate or shock, or Mag's ultimate. What's more - Mag's Bullet attractor is totally OP (I tested it myself) and with Arcane coil the bulb is so big, that targeted person cannot hide. Plus ton of bugs related to host migration, players carrying Cefalon and disconnecting or rage quitting, which makes Cefalon disappearance from the game. Plus Volt's 1st skill is whole map range, which is totally OP considering the fact, that all other frames have basic stats, so it's imba in any way. Rhino stomp cannot kill enemy, but Rhino's Charge does kill in 1 hit. Excal's Radial blind lasts 0.5 second and stuns only when you literally jump on enemys head, and Radial javelin after latest nerf of all nerfs is useless - can kill only when face to face, while Volt's Overcharge kills everything in range on any floor (below, above and at same lvl as Volt).

7 & 6. Sniper rifles: using almost never because they are slow and low dmg. Only decent one is Vectis, but it still is mostly Impact dmg, so basically not really effective (excluding some rare "accidents" when you hit for 320k, but it's with full Total Eclipse ^.^). TBH I use vectis only in dark sector conflicts, because only there they can do something usefull (long range, lvl advantage over losing/ same lvl opposing team).

5. Capture the Cephalon -...but Rhino's Charge does kill in 1 hit. Excal's Radial blind lasts 0.5 second and stuns only when you literally jump on enemys head, and Radial javelin after latest nerf of all nerfs is useless - can kill only when face to face, while Volt's Overcharge kills everything in range on any floor (below, above and at same lvl as Volt).

good feedback overall (though it'll be ignored in this post probably) but Rhino Charge only kills on a direct hit. if you just fly by the person all you get is a chance at knockdown or nothing at all (can't say i've seen any effect but who knows).  That makes it basically the same as shock, without the insane range.  Also radial javelin will kill through walls if you saw the excalibur first or he saw you. Volt has no such limitation.  Stomp also seems to have no effect on the enemy shooting you in the face.  If anything, it just makes easier for them to kill you since you had to stand still during cast and they can't move to mess up their aim.

The AFK problen has been pointed out. Detection is the biggest problem. Especially when burning a T4 cap key or a T4 ext key to run with clanmates amd someone gets glitched stuck in a door halfway through the missio so we have to restart it so we dont waste the key without everyone getting a reward. That really gets to me the most. We get punished because of a glitch.

Frost prime has needed a workover for quite a while. There literally no difference between frost prime and nornal frost except a polarity slot so the only reason to really chase him down is the mastery points some people are worried about. His powers definately need a serious workover because I cant remember using frost for any reason other than protecting a defense or mobile defense.Seriously thats it.He has no other reason to exist.

1st. Freeze. It doesnt exaxtly matter that i can freeze a single enemy when i have hoard of 50 enemies coming at me in a t4 defense does it. Needs to have some kind of crowd control effect otherwise it is as useless as a sniper rifle even more so since you cant even put punch through and it barely does damage.

2. Icewave. This one isnt too bad but like somebody else already stated giving him an augment mod to do something his power should have done in the first place is not a fix.

3. Snow globe. The only reason frost is even used and you guys already wrecked it and now want our opinions....hmmm well i understand not making it completely invincible but to make this power based not only on power duration, but also on power strength means i have to build him based around this power only which then in turn means i cant make any other adjustments to help other powers. Especially since im having to use a mod slot for steel fiber when i otherwise would not have used it at all.

4. Avalanche. Well as i said it doesn't even matter because its so weak to begin with that even after i build around snow globe with power strength that this power still barely hurts any serious threat and it does not keep them frozen they instantly unfreeze as soon as the animation is done. WORTHLESS.

No opinion on pvp because its still worthless an doesn't have enough reward for the time.

Sniper Rifles? Seriously? Why are they even a part of the game. Even if they can do 20k it doesnt matter when it takes me 3-4 seconds to reload after every 1-6 shots depending on what im using. That the thing with a bow, i dont mind charging a shot because i never have truly stop firing to reload. But when you spend almost as much time reloading as you do shooting out a magazine well it just doesnt jive very well especially when they have what? I think at best a 25% base crit chance? Come on DE, be realistic. What scenario do i use this type of weapon in? NONE!! Why would i even use this when i can kill every enemy on a T4 ext quicker with my melee weapon?

Avalanche needs to have CC worth mentioning. The stun is essentially nonexistent, and the damage is nothing to write home about. Give it back the ~6 second stun it had when people could put max range on it. Something like a 5 second stun followed by 5-10 second cold proc would be ult-worthy.

Ice wave shouldn't need an augment to have slow effect.

Sniper rifles are poor because single targets aren't all that tanky; a DMR like the Latron variants is a better 'sniper' because it can still reliably get one-two shot kills, and they have essentially infinite ammo, larger magazines, and higher fire-rates to make up for it. A missed shot isn't as punishing.

why are you guys asking about sniper rifles? you know that sniper rifles in this game are usless if you guys want to add something in warframe only primary weaphones or pistols NO SNIPERS!!

IT IS BECAUSE WE WANT MORE VARIETY OF WEAPONS NOT JUST BOLTOR PRIME BRAKK COMBO ROFL

For AFK System:

2mins - Squad gets to vote to kick on afk person - if 2 yes to 1 no it resets vote for 1min

3mins - squad gets to vote again - if 2 yes to 1 no it resets vote for 1 min

4mins - Squad gets 1 more chance to vote - If 2 yes to 1 no it resets vote 1 more min giving the afk person 1 more min to move.

5mins - Auto kicked

This gives friends or ppl who know each other able to cancel the whole vote and tell the rest of the team why hes afk just incase.

--

Frost - not realy used yet so no idea.

--

Snipers? ... Bow feels more powerful. (redo the Paris Prime... to ugly) we want more bows not snipers :P feels better with ninjas.

--

The current AFK system is horrendous. Two examples where it seriously hurts players: If you get KO'd and bleed out while your remaining live squad member goes to extraction you can get no loot. In survival it is set up so if you use less stamina your oxygen depletes slower and it is a valid strategy. Smart players can camp an entry way and shoot the mobs. If you don't move, you risk being flagged as AFK. This should not be based on a vote. If should be based on all actions including firing and hitting targets, not just firing at a wall. Please do not change survival.

Please do not add AFK voting. It will be more annoying to have to stop playing a mission and vote for something. It will detract from the game. What exactly is the new AFK system supposed to fix? Button 4 people? It is actually a valid defense strategy. Pleade abolish the new AFK system.

For AFK System:

2mins - Squad gets to vote to kick on afk person - if 2 yes to 1 no it resets vote for 1min

4mins - Squad gets 1 more chance to vote - If 2 yes to 1 no it resets vote 1 more min giving the afk person 1 more min to move.

5mins - Auto kicked

This gives friends or ppl who know each other able to cancel the whole vote and tell the rest of the team why hes afk just incase.

::AFK::

I definitely hate the evac campers/perching birds when the rest of the team is working hard to get some loot, but this is a pretty nice suggestion to add some versatility to the choice. If you're playing with friends, you're more than likely playing with a mic too, so you can let them know they have to protect your frame if it's out in the open for x minutes while you do whatever it is you need to do. 

For AFK System:

5mins - Auto kicked

--

Frost - not realy used yet so no idea.

--

Snipers? ... Bow feels more powerful. (redo the Paris Prime... to ugly) we want more bows not snipers :P feels better with ninjas.

--

What is this, a parliament? Why so much redundant mandatory voting and then making it pointless with an auto-kick anyway?

How about after player has been AFK 2 min, then a vote automatically starts to kick them, with "kick" being the default option and the team gets a chance to vote for not kicking them, if they choose to bother. If the vote is in the AFKer's favour, then, if they still stay AFK even after that, anyone in the team has a right to push "start votekick" and start the voting one more time (to stop vote spamming) at any time if they so choose. 

That gives the team 1 automatic and 3 optional chances to kick an AFK player without hassle over voting becomming more annoying than someone being AFK. 

Or the vote could just always be there after 2 min, just waiting for 2 people to change their minds, like switching from "accept" to "decline" in accepting the party's chosen mission.

Because if at least 2 out of 3 people actually playing are fine with carrying the AFK player, lets say they buy his/her reasons for being AFK ("have to leave computer for 10 min, will be back for the last 20 mins part of this 40 min survival!") shouldn't it be the team's choice to accept it or not?

And if the majority of the team accepts the AFK player, they should not be automatically bothered with having to reaffirm their vote every goddamn minute.

Please do not add AFK voting. It will be more annoying to have to stop playing a mission and vote for something. It will detract from the game. What exactly is the new AFK system supposed to fix? Button 4 people? It is actually a valid defense strategy. Pleade abolish the new AFK system.

Who says it has to stop the gameplay? It could simply appear as small box on the edge of the screen, with each choice tied to a quickbutton. Many MMORPGs do something like this, to seamlessly integrate need-greed-pass voting on loot, without stopping the gameplay.

It's not like it's political elections or something you have to think hard about, if you don't have a reason to not kick the afk player (like they have explained themselves in the chat before and you accepted their reasons, or they are your friend and you trust them to have a good reason), then you just quickly press "kick" or just wait for the countdown to run out to autokick.

Having to tolerate a small vote box in the corner of the screen is much better than having to tolerate an AFK player in a long mission.

Edited by IronRoby

PVP:

Something needs to change because at the point it is now. PvP is nothing more than a slide attack as movement game mode. it's not even about the damage, the sheer speed and mobility a fast melee can give makes stopping someone from taking your cephalon nearly impossible without an aoe ult. Games become nothing more than attempt to chase the cephalon holder which is almost impossible if they know how to use melee to move around. Coptering makes the game incredibly stagnant in terms of flow(you're not scoring and neither is the enemy team).