March 13Th: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Drew

Community Hot Topics  

3,234 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted PvP is bad due to issues of OP players and weapons, and people just going onto the PvP just to mock players of their Founder weapons, wraith weapons etc, as well, if one player plays PvP so much, and when new players come, they'll pick on them players and cause them to..rage quit, or do reports  

AFK system:

I think that only "public groups" should have it and don't apply on the full premade squads.

So you can't be AFK on a Void mission or any other mission if you start it as a "friends only" or "invite only" or with a full party.

Also I would raise the afk meter up to 3 mins and give the other players a notification about it. If a person hits the afk status the other players could vote that players should get the rewards and xp or not. If all vote "NO" then that player automaticly fail that mission.

AFK when:

This is a complex method but mostly if you play with your friends or a premade group it is not counts so for me I am not interested how should it work after then.

Frost:

Snow Globe:

I would suggest to make it visible to see how many hp left from the last globe.

Cephalon:

The Boar weapon only obtainable if you buy a Wrecking Rhino pack and that is one of the approved weapon so I hope it will be available for less plat or for credit.

Snipers:

I am not a fan of them but who knows maybe I will like the next one.

Edited by PETI258

I voted PvP is bad due to issues of OP players and weapons, and people just going onto the PvP just to mock players of their Founder weapons, wraith weapons etc, as well, if one player plays PvP so much, and when new players come, they'll pick on them players and cause them to..rage quit, or do reports  

From the dev post on pvp:

Variations of each weapon are also permitted, although it's wise to keep in mind that changes may be made to any PvP weapon in the interest of balance and fair play. An unwieldy weapon with good stats is no match for a gun you know and trust.
Edited by Aggh

I have stated this once and will do it agian.

We want autokickers. If someone afks for a certian amount off time they should be autokicked. No kick option by players because I know that there are players that will abuse it badly. 

#WENEEDAUTOKICKER

Here are the Issues I have with frost:

Prime version still looks simmulair to regular one. No bonusses yet to the primed version. And I know its not based on the abilities but it should be looked into aswell.

Avalanche: Needs more crowd controll, I don't like abilities that are just mainly there for damage. He is a freeze frame so why not freeze the enemies that were hit by avalanche for couple seconds. 

Freeze: To much pin point accuracy, its hard to hit enemies with abilities like this. Same goes for Ember.

Snowglobe: I think globes shouldn't be affected by duration in fact it should be removed. We only need to see the hp off the globe in order to know how much it can sustain. Aside that it feels clunky to spam globes and not knowing if it does stack the globes and by what amount.

Ice Wave: Great ability but targeting enemies is kinda weird. Because somethimes it goes diffrent directions where you aimed. Not sure if its a bug.

Snipers: There are loads off weapons that make the snipers inferior. And with the recent nullifiers I rarely see them being used. Personally would love to see snipers/bows back in action. I liked the paris prime alot untill nullifiers came to the picture and now I rarely use it =(.

PVP: I liked the idea so far, but I don't understand with the Cephalon fettish that DE has :P. I mean we constantly see Suda being getting all the attention.

I would love to see more syndicates based on mission styles. Invasions would be lovely for the red veil because Chaos.

Edited by TeaBegging

Unfortunately I cannot express my opinion on the most of the topics, however I can address what I consider to be a good change to Avalanche. Simply put, it should have a second cast. When you first cast Avalanche, it should start freezing enemies solid in it's radius. The second cast will shatter them.

Credit to Demitsorou for the idea.

The AFK timer needs to be longer. I do not sit AFK on endless missions to get the rewards of someone else's work but none the less I might have to go away for a few minutes. I have younger siblings who sometimes need help and parents who occasionally need me to do something for them. These things often take more than two minuets. Perhaps there should be a 3 or 4 minuet timer on missions like survival and defense in public match making but no timer in invite only games. That way players dont get paired with as many AFKing players and with friends you dont get penalized for having to take care of things.

okay... I voted no opinion on pvp...

But actually my opinion is a negative one:

I haven't seen much of the new pvp... pretty much as much as anyone else...

But to make it short:

It's too fast.

- First shot-> first to kill.

This doesn't allow for strategy to exist... it's basically just luck + the who has the better weapon.

Look at Tf2  for example... can also be fast paced but you usually don't die instantly when being hit (cept spy and sniper)

Makes me wonder why energy and health supplies even exist when basically 90% of players won't have the time to make use of them.

Also: Hackers.

What will you do about them?

And I'm damn sure they exist.

AFK system

it should be a vote-kick feature, without any timer. I don't really understand why there is no vote-kick feature yet in the game when one player can deliberately ruin game experience for his teammates in a variety of ways.

Frost

Freeze ability is absolutely useless. well... the same goes for all other single-target abilities in the game.

Capture the Cephalon

It is fine as long as it just copies usual CTF mechanics.

Sniper Rifles

I like sniper rifles a lot. But they are hardly effective in this game:

1) ammo problems

2) no innate punch-through

3) nullifiers (seriously DE wtf. will nullifier bubble ever be affected by actual damage ???? it should pop with one shot from a decent modded sniper rifle imo)

4) there are literally no situations in the game where sniper rifle would be better than boltor prime or synoid gammacor, because all you do is fighting hordes of enemies in close quarters.

5) default crosshair in the game is just plain terrible, i even made a post about that

Edited by NOSCOPE_xGET_GUDx_BLAZER

AFKING (in light of recent events)

You're putting players on this treadmill without the caliber of options.

EGate was the problem with the removal of cores from certain aspects that many people enjoyed (see perceived in being rewarded for time-to-drop and most importantly time-invested on return ratio) in doing and feeling rewarded for. There is nothing wrong with a cycle of being positively rewarded because, the likely hood of getting game burn out to the user purpose ratio is reduced.

You could better utilize your syndicate system with stacks of Uncommon Cores and Rare Cores, but you've just limited it to a stack of random keys at the moment. (Yes, I've seen the Prime Time #66). Mods and the odd weapon. Cosmetic Syandana withstanding (see: art department). While we're on this topic: If raiding is going attach stats to your tenno armor eventually well you're going to need more space for the armor side of things as well. As you gradually bring in the raiding system (which hopefully will be using procedural generation and pro-positive randomisation) for the user playing | interacting experience.

ABOUT THAT DROP SYSTEM.
If players don't feel rewarded doing your content [sic -- if you can call it that], then there is something wrong with the [that] system.

Please stop with the Orokin Cells in the T3 or T4 Void. Prime parts, blueprints or Uncommon Stacks & Rare Cores only. This is the high risk high reward area. Giving out additional keys in T1 and T2 is also extra padding as well in the lower level areas. If the user base had also what the average run for higher defense and reward objectives were. This would also be a help.

Argon Crystals are another case in point. Is there anyway to utilise this reward? Is there something extra we could be crafting with this because it has burn time. No, when the void explodes I don't want another grind wall.

People go to the void to be rewarded. That's the idea in concept, but you're going to distribute the rewards around the system after the void collapses in on it self anyway (as mentioned in Tenno Live).

PROBLEMS WITHIN PROBLEMS

Another case in point is also the resource system, you've got alloy plate on too many planets. Will the void be changing up the resource system, when the void collpases? Will you change up the resource system to be more dynamic?

Why do I have to farm Neural Sensors on just Jupiter. Why not Eris? Can there be a slightly bigger expansion rate on Tellurium. Could we put this in the cycle in some Archwing missions?

Further more, and I will add and STATE THIS AGAIN. That augments need to add something valueable [see: of value] to the way the user uses the Warframe.

So changing up a crowd control Warframe into something else as an example. But at the same time. The ability needs to be impactful enough to go to Wave 40 in Defense and 40 minutes+ into Survival.

SNIPER RIFLES

The final problem if you're going to address sniper rifles is that a lot of the tilesets, and I've stated this before DO NOT benefit from longe range combat. If the average engagement distance is 20 meters (press G and use the waypoint to see) upwards of 30 meters (more bigger wider tilesets are appreciated). Then is that really benefiting the player (see also: Warframe consumer -- because your time as a Warframe consumer (free|paid or otherwise) valuable) experience. It's only charging for screen (See Warframe) attention time. Maximum range being 50 meters [see Mesa Ultimate hard cap]

Shouldn't there be a special system for long range sniper rifles. As for the shotguns well that is just a different kettle sidegrade all together and all you've got to work with (see: at the moment: Is status type, critical damage, critical chance.)

The most important question: Could we get some player numbers (see: Tenno by the numbers) over the years on how well people do in various locations around the solar system. Give your users that hard data, not skewed results and they'll give you good answers. Hopefully.

Additionally:
In light of recent events. The Symptom to the problem is enguaging gameplay and mechanics that force the user to move. Being ground slamed forces the user to get out of the way. Being knocked back forces the user to not go near that enemy. But these are only some of the present mechanics, what about future mechanics?
The darkening tennocyte bees on the infested fusion moa they aren't really a great example of mechanics it obscures the vision of the tenno -- yes but it doesn't work the same as the Grineer Drahk Master nicking your weapon. It forces you to semi move and take your weapon. Unless, of course it propells to look out for things like that which is good.

It's good to see the plasma grenades on the corpus are getting a change in mechanics with a grenade indicator. But how exactly is this going to look.
1. Is the grenade going to show on the HUD -- the direction, where the grenade is coming from; or
2. Are you going to associate that enemy with the grenade throwing wind up time when an enemy throws the plasma grenade?

Ideally 2 because then slowly people will associate that monster with the action — so therefore the monster becomes a contender to be watched, observed and something to look out for. If there could be a blue flashing icon on the corpus unit that throws the plasma grenade or the grineer units that throw grenades that would be the start of an improvement.

FROST

Only two augement mods I could think of would be Avalanche and Freeze. But then it begs the question, what exactly can we use avalanche or that hasn't already been done? Possibly a Frost mod to change the way avalanche behaves. That's the best I've got. As for freeze we've got the give cold damage to other players. But maybe something along the lines of expanding on freeze's AOE effect.

PvP players, what do you think of the Capture the Cephalon game mode, so far?
It looks great.
It looks ok.

It looks bad
No opinion on this topic / Not interested in PvP

PVP
As long as it's structured. In light of PvP 1.0 as it stands at the moment, The Conclave system, The Dark Sector conflict system as it stands at the moment. I think everyone has said something along the lines somewhere, that the total system has no player incentive bar credits and possibly leveling to go there. If the tax rates are above 20% players won't care. If the tax rates are two low then players might give a damn. But at the same time. The open pvp system has been said time and again, that it just doesn't work. Highly imbalanced and most of the player-versus-players don't feel the need to utilise it.

Good to see PvP 2.0 is getting a slow increasing usage and integration. It's probably been said one hundred times on this forum that Player-Versus-Player can not exist unless it's a seperate system or a total rework of the said idea. The first enfeebled attempt to co-exist with the PvP system was nothing but disastrous. (Even though we're still PvE)

But the very idea of PvE leading into PvP needs to contain a middleground of standardized variables so everyone playing is based on flatline damage, which thus creates a skill component. But I'd like to comment, on the middleground of this.
This is a game, where players are encouraged to utilize powers and guns over melee and I would hope as a potential pvp player that we as players get an emphasis or re-emphasis on the Warframe system. If you encourage your players to just utilize one play in PvE how is that going to translate over to the meme behaviour of PvP. In the long run, we as consumers of this would hope that the new systems from the CTF mode get translated into possibly Conclave and the Dark Sectors.

The conclave isn't bad but the next project for PvP 2.0 should be the holistic system reintegrated into PvP aspects if we're going to have PvP at all. [sic] See original poll quote.

Not just a system with overpowered with Dark Sectors. but a meaningful system for players who want PvP on all levels of the Conclave, Dark Sector and now PvP CTF Game mode.

Edited by Kinjeto

Do you think 2 minutes is a fair amount of time to determine if a player is AFK?

No opinion on this topic. Mostly no opinion because I don't know if it is to short.

Do you think AFK players should have their energy and/or rewards restricted?

Yes to both. AFK players shouldn't be given anything in my opinion.

In your opinion, which Frost abilities need a revision? (can choose more than one)

No opinion on this topic. I don't really play Frost.

How satisfied are you with Frost, overall?

No opinion on this topic. Same reason as above.

PvP players, what do you think of the Capture the Cephalon game mode, so far?

It looks great! Though I am just going off of footage and pictures.

In your opinion, how do sniper rifles compare to other weapon types, overall?

Overall, sniper rifles are weaker than some other primary weapon types. Snipers should function similar to bows. In my opinion, snipers should have a 100% critical hit chance with a max Point Strike and should have innate punch trough.

How frequently do you use sniper rifles?

Rarely. I personally just don't like how they feel compared to other weapons.

Would you like to see more sniper rifles added to the Warframe arsenal?

Yes, release a few more sniper rifles. We could use a bit more variety when it comes to snipers.

Freeze: make it a frost spray that deals conal damage in from of frost and freezes enemies, dealing moderate damage(300?). Kinda like the N7 Paladin in ME3 Multiplayer.

WHY?

CC, this is what makes a good first skill, because all damage first skills are useless against level 10 enemies so far!

AFK System: I have never been flagged as AFK so far, so I'd say it's fine as it is.

Frost: I don't think Frost is in a bad spot. His main problems are Freeze and to a lesser degree Avalanche. It's funny that as the Warframe of cold, Freeze is his only hard CC ability. And sadly it isn't reliable at all, because it's really hard to hit something with it. Avalanche is an ok ability, I voted for it only because it's just another bland 4-nuke.

PVP: I've stopped doing Dark Sector PVP a long time ago and was never all that interested in Conclave. The new take on it certainly looks promising, but I'll reserve judgement until I can actually play it myself (voted "looks ok").

Sniper Rifles: They're not that bad but still outclassed by bows, in my opinion. Not sure what to do about it, though. Maybe add an interesting mechanic instead of just tweaking numbers? Oh and please change the Grineer scope crosshair/overlay/thingie. That center dot is huge.

Edited by Kontrollo

okay... I voted no opinion on pvp...

But actually my opinion is a negative one:

I haven't seen much of the new pvp... pretty much as much as anyone else...

But to make it short:

It's too fast.

- First shot-> first to kill.

This doesn't allow for strategy to exist... it's basically just luck + the who has the better weapon.

Look at Tf2  for example... can also be fast paced but you usually don't die instantly when being hit (cept spy and sniper)

Makes me wonder why energy and health supplies even exist when basically 90% of players won't have the time to make use of them.

Also: Hackers.

What will you do about them?

And I'm damn sure they exist.

Did you see the list of weapons for the new pvp?

Primary Weapons:

• Braton

• Latron

• Paris

• Strun

• Boar

Secondary Weapons:

• Lato

• Dual Lato

• Kunai

• Furis

• Dual Furis

• Sicarus

Melee Weapons:

• Bo

• Furax

• Skana

With the exception of the paris, there's no 1-shotting involved, and if you 1-shot a person with a paris, you kinda deserve the kill, given the projectile travel time, charge time, and such involved.

Finally we got Frost here. Here is what I think about him.

Freeze is horrible for several reasons: slow travel time, low aoe, almost no dmg and when you manage to freeze enemy or 2 they will instantly get freed by any sort of dmg. Only use if Freeze is freeze someone and run away.

Frost Wave is best offensive ability in Frost arsenal. However there are few things that could be done to make it better. Adding knock down effect to enemies affected by this ability would definitely make it amazing ability. Augment for it is pretty god but very often not worth sacrificing a mod slot, though it is fun to use in sme scenarios like against infested.

Snowglobe is what started all this Frost talks. Latest change that multiple snowglobes stack with each other creating 1 stronger globe was very useful buff though problem remains the same, it does not scale well. You can not rely on it. Before yuo could make duration build and be safe as long as globe is up. Now as you go into endless missions you must cast no stop to sustain it. I would rather have limit to number of snowglobes I can use at the same time rather than snowglobe that does not scale well.

Avalanche is bad for multiple reasons. It has cast time during which you can be killed, Ice dmg isnt great in most scenarios and it has no CC other than freezing enemies caught within it for duration of casting ability. 

Basically Frost's main problem as of now is he is extremely slow, abilities dont scale into late like with most other frame, and he is extremely hard to mod because his abilities rely on everything(duration,power,range,efficiency).  Thus making specific build ruin other aspects of Frost.

Sniper I think need a little buff to be close to bows but in their own unique way. For example, bows have innate punch through and ovr 100% crit chance. So why not for example give snipers aoe mini stun in small area upon hitting an enemy. Making them like bows will not be right, they should have something else that would make us want to pick them over bows.

Did you see the list of weapons for the new pvp?

With the exception of the paris, there's no 1-shotting involved, and if you 1-shot a person with a paris, you kinda deserve the kill, given the projectile travel time, charge time, and such involved.

So... And what about hackers?

Sniper rifles Is OK the problem is in Level(location) design. 90% of lvls is coridors and it's imposible to fight against hords of enemies in close quarters with 1 bullete magazine rifle. Even Defence missions have very small lvl. Onlygood map for sniping is Cerberus. More open areas will solve sniper problems.

about AFK:

homer drinking bird should not play the game for you. period. if I'm standing in one place whacking only one button ... can we still call it a playing a shooter game ?!

there should be a notification or a visible timer if I'm going to punished by afk system prevention.

we should have both timer with a option "I'M NOT a AFK'er" (like doing a silly puzzle that bot wouldn't solve - if bots where here ... or just a notification that i have close/ OK).

And player should be punished with both rewards and energy.

Frost ... the thing is that we usually don't go with him to other missions aside def/m def.

Snipers - only few missions are giving us enough room to use sniper rifles.

Edited by Cracken

AFK

It did not happen to me yet, so I am reluctant to say much about it. But two things are obvious from what others have said; just standing AFK should not be rewarded. And the game must be accurate and reliable when deeming a player AFK. If a player only hits keys 1-4 for an hour that is one thing - it's not really active play. But he is certainly not away from his keyboard. It would probably best to just have a notification appear when the game thinks someone is AFK; it asks you to press x. If you're indeed afk you will miss that notification - if you press x Then you're obviously still there.

Snipers

I love snipers. But they are pretty underwhelming in many cases. I love them for PvP (which as it seems they will no longer be a part of) and for captures. It is just as some others have pointed out already; They are not really balanced to fit into the game. Up to a certain point you can use them to take out the heavy units quick and swiftly but from some point on they are no longer one hit and then the sniper is pretty much useless since this is what the sniper is for: Not kill an enormous amount of enemies by just shooting blindly in the direction of the next crowd (that's what I'm doing now with the SomaP) but to quickly take down "problem targets".

There is another thing I don't understand at all; why do bows have the extreme high crit-stuff and not the snipers? To me it'd make more sense to give the bows extremely high status and moderate crit and the snipers extremely high crit and moderate status. - But that's something pretty much unchangeable at this point so I just take it as a given.

Modding is key in Warframe. - But somehow there are few mods that do "the thing" for snipers, except for primed chamber. That's a special mod and I understand how people want to have it stay that way. So we need some other sniper-specific mods. To buff the sniper-aura would be a start. "But we need 4x Corrosive Projection to get the mobs down" - Well, if your sniper can take the tricky units down on his own then 3xCP should be enough for the normal mobs. Speaking about corrosive projection; why not have the snipers have an innate Corrosive projection/puncture? 

Then: the nullifier bubble and other shields; I do think Snipers should by default ignore "external shields" (ice-bubble, nullifier-bubble, moa-shield...). That would already do a lot. 

Edited by JaviiMii

Report hackers? Just as you would in PvE?

How to proof anyone is hacking?

I had a suspect a few days pack...Each of his shots hit... other player accused him of hacking. Maybe he's just good?

There ... needs to be a good system against hackers... there is none, right?

Sry I just really hate hackers... They ruined previous games I loved.

But hackers made ... contest... unfair. And devs didn't do sht about them... simply because there wasn't enough proof.