March 13Th: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Drew

Community Hot Topics  

3,234 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Snipers: we need a sort of DMR sniper rifle. Medium Mag capacity, low zoom, 2-3 shot kills, mild punch through.  Other than that, this is a CQB game, and long range snipers are basically a moot point. 

Currently, the Tiberon is probably the best sniper in the game....

Edited by Adder9

I use sniper rifles alot along with bows but the sad thing is. They're just not viable because thier firing rate is so low compared to rifles.

Up until a few weeks ago i was really getting to like snipers and shotguns but now that nullifiers are ingame im scared to take anything that isnt rapid fire.

The mention of sniper rifles here seems disingenuous as the primary issue with the weaponry wasn't at all mentioned. Ammo drops? Seriously?

The Problem with sniper rifles is the crit rate!!

Increase the crit chances of sniper rifles to at least REACH 100%.

Currently everything I want out of a sniper rifle can be attained by using a BOW! This isn't right.

Plus the bow can ragdoll damage enemies behind them... 

The best solution I can see for sniper rifles is:

1) increase the crit rate to at least ALLOW players to reach 100% with mods.

2) increase the functionality of the scope. (nightvision, x-ray, somethin')

Past that there really isn't anything wrong with them.

edit:

if you really want to make sniper rifles unique and give them a reason to be used.. make them the only weapons that can punch-through a nullifiers bubble. 

Edited by xethier

My short thought on PvP is this: if you're going to just start all the way over again from the beginning, you should just make PvP a separate game from the main game and provide all of the gear and mods in an enclosed PvP loadout system (as in, the stuff is PvP only and can only be obtained and leveled in the system) in exchange for achievements, such as kills/captures/wins/killstreaks/exp etc in PvP, because there's no way you're gonna make a satisfactory and fair skill based PvP system without eliminating the extreme resource advantages that old players have over newer ones. Even with the imposed cap in the current system, battles are determined mostly by who has forma'd and geared the best from other things entirely outside of PvP, and it's going to be a curbstomp 9 out of 10 times as battles are set up right now. You talk about skill based play and important snap decisions, but you mention mods like "Handspring, Aviator, Maglev, and Acrobat" in the same breath (four mods that are never used and have almost zero practical or tactical application when a few shots from a carefully honed death machine bore neatly drilled holes into your theoretical tactical discussion), and I'm of the current opinion, as I was before, that your developers are way out of their depth in terms of actual game experience. The only way you're going to be able to truly level the playing field between you and us would involve such a move back to true zero, because merely limiting the equipment doesn't take a whole lot of other factors into account.

Edited by weirdee

Hey there, I rarely comment on this thread, but I will this time because I responded "no opinion" on the AFK questions which, given there is no "other" option this time, is as close as I can get. 

Frankly, given the timing, a lot of the community feels that the AFK penalties are mostly directed at the "Farmerville" technique that cropped up on E Gate rather than a real improvement or accountability system to protect people from leeching, deadweight, et cetera.  In either case, I think its, well, silly at best, and more heavy-handed than necessary. 

AFK: I agree with those that have suggested that the game flag a player and then let his/her squad figure out what to do with them.

Frost: While I would prefer a return to a duration based globe it is acceptable as is.  However, I, like many others, would absolutely love some sort of guage for how much hp is left on the globe.  While I play frost frequently, I never use Freeze or Ice Wave, and I only use Avalanche by spamming it to buy time for someone to get revived.

Snipers:  They need something unique from what the bows have.  My favorite suggestion is giving sniper a higher damage multiplier on enemy weak spots than any other weapon class in the game.  This not only feels like something that belongs to a sniper weapon, but also rewards players for knowing about the weak spots.  Granted this would also require all enemies to have weak spots and I'm fairly certain that many of the infested do not.

On further thought why not add a mod exclusively for snipers that adds massive head shot bonuses?

Edited by Lorthos_Mornin

I still strongly feel like AFK players shouldn't be determined entirely by the game; once the game thinks someone is AFK, it should then ask the other players if they wish to kick them.

The out-of-the-blue system it currently uses is constantly hurting people when it shouldn't.

This excactly what i thought since the afk system was implemented. And tbh i'm suprised that DE didn't think of something like this. It's so god damn bloody simple.

This excactly what i thought since the afk system was implemented. And tbh i'm suprised that DE didn't think of something like this. It's so god damn bloody simple.

Yes but this system doesn't solve stuff like E gate where 4 players just did nothing. And used a macro to go AFK. So a voting system could work but if the system detects 3 or more AFK people it should not give them rewards or stop the enemy's from spawning.

AFK

While we don't have these lastest changes on XB1 (yet) I know why you did it and I fear the outcome for us if it remains the same.

The way you implimented it and lack of explaining how it works really worries me. Is my paid investment in the frames it will effect the most make them worthless? Will I be upset if I can't use my ult on them for more than 60 sec...damm right!

I voted:

Q1 More than 2 mins as it can take longer to take a personal break, and the fact I have ult's that last as high as 4>5mins without movement.

Q2 No to both (as to add to Q1 answer)

Most important, >>>>> I voted YES to the question that was not put in the Poll!

(Do you think a kick system would help instead of the current AFK system in place?)

Not much to say here that hasn't been suggested by others allready. If you do make a kick, please make ckecks so that it can't be abused by trolls!

Frost,

I loved frost when I 1st started, but now he's just known as the bubble boy (boohoo do I have to be frost?)

Here are my suggestions that sound like a few others suggested here too.

Freeze:

Increase the damage and hit box on the intended target

Make it a cone shaped blast of cold air for the AoE that knocks down and slows enermy (knock back by power strength, slow time by duration)

(if you can't hit a target, atleast you get a small CC that seems to be your trend with #1 powers)

ICE WAVE:

Should be made to include current Ice wave impedience augment as standard (single direction path, power stength for damage, duration for path slow time and range for length)

Ability to kill multiple targets on the path when cast.as per now

AUGMENT: Frost slames the ground and gives a 360* effect of the standard cast. (after the ice wave damage, it would act the same as a snow globe but without the bubble eg: slow = power strength, Duration = slow time, range = width.

SNOW GLOBE:

Combine globes to increase strength and visibility (not on XB1 yet)

A health meter on the UI ............... pleaseeeeee :0P

A hard cap to max health that is based of your statts! eg: power strength, Frost's health, steelfibre and (not on XB1 acanne helmets)

This combined with the UI health meter would allow a player to top up the globe when it's being hit hard and not leave you without cover for that few vital seconds in higher levels. It would sure help new players learn that "OMG my huge bubble is really weak ain't it" :0P

AVALANCHE:

This needs a rework as it really doesn't work and is kinda broken as in freeze>then damage>= unfreeze = useless(specially late game)

How about this,

1: make it about CC not damage

2: make it come from Frost, not from above

3: it has a 360* knock back which includes some damage, then a freeze. eg: power = knock back and damage, duration = freeze time and range is distance it travels from frost. The force of a real avalanche is as much about the compression of the air in the front of the wave of snow coming at you as much as the shear weight of it falling on your head.

IMO, These suggestions and what others have suggested would make frost a much better frame as he can use all of his powers without having to totally change builds to get the best out of 1 power/ability

PVP

I don't like it yet, I'll wait to see how bad the race for K/D and spawn camping gets.

I left PVP games due to the way most play it (not the objective just go for K/D)

I think I'll wait till enough of my friends want to play it and we can play it as private match for fun and better our skills

AND PLEASE DO NOT let anything, including rewards from PVP related transfer to PVE

SNIPER GUNS

Under powered, Bad crits verse weak spots and NO head shot insta kill (no matter what lvl mob)

Scopes are really messy

My suggestions

Up the crit change/damage a lot

Increase damage a little (no power creep please) yes there will be a better gun waitting as u get higher MR is ok

Head shot is a head shot, you ain't getting up again Mr Bombard

Remove the rubbish off the scope retical, I only need a dot and 1 line please (coloured by energy)

Give us varible zoom EG: when scoped up hit a button to zoom in, rescoping resets to default zoom

MORE SNIPER GUNS?

Sure, but add some cool stuff so they are on my christmas list, not just MR fodder

Release the sniperton on console>>> my enermy has one, why not me?

Thx guys, keep up the great work

BUT!

Please lets have less grind in the year of quality, not more dilution of the rewards!

AFK

The 3min timer sounds good, but it needs better rules. For it to do the job, it should not mark people with AFK mark if:

- teno is using ability

- teno is shooting

- teno is mooving in any direction

Vote-kick system that can only be used on players marked AFK.

Remove restrictions to gain aura and orb stuff, but keep restrictions on mission loot when marked as AFK.

FROST

He should be our CC go to guy as it relates to the ice elemental.

Freeze should be damage CC that effects the target and x meter area around it. CC to the whole area, but damage decreases towards edge of the area of effect.

Ice Wave could be targeted ground CC instead of current short range frontal CC.

SNIPERS

They may have use on boss fights, but haven't found any use for them at end game cause there fire rate becomes something of an issue.

Slow projectile speed on many sniper rifle makes them not that effective on long range.

Edited by OneMember

About the sniper rifle, in this moment are unuseful (there's always a large number of enemy and only few enemy are very strong). But i think a "sniper mode mission" were use only sniper rifle will be very funny, and will a change of routine and weapons

On the sniper front, I don't think I've ever used a sniper rifle. It's not a weapon that really belongs in this game. Closest I've come are bows, but the bows are powerful in part because they can pierce multiple enemies, insta-gib with insane crits and are SILENT. You can't snipe with a slug thrower because you only get one shot before the whole world comes after you.

The bulk of the game is melee or close range firefights, so the weapons should reflect that.

Can I mention that one major improvement to Frost's bubble would be to add some way of telling how much health it currently has. Same thing goes for Nyx absorb and Rhino iron skin, but given the way you can 'renew' the duration and add the previous bubble's health (particularly given that it also absorb some damage, so its total value can be unpredictable) it really would help a lot. If you could see the health of the last cast bubble, maybe in with the status effects or something, it would really, really help.

Rhinos Iron Skin has an indicator, it in the bottom right right under the skill icon where Frosts timer is for the globe. Theres a counter that goes form 100 to 0 and shows you how much you have left on iron skin.

I think that Snow Globe should work like frost eximuses globe- sticking to Frost. While a recast should end in "dropping" the globe to make it stay in the place where frost was when he recasted the ability. Recast shouldn't have an animation. The end. That's all Frost needs.

AFK System

There are a few cases that still need to be addressed (like, if you are dead for 2+ mins at the end of an alert, the alert is marked as finished even though you didn't get anything) but for the most part I think a 2 minute timer before you are considered AFK is perfectly reasonable. Though it should consider other forms of input than just movement.  If a player is relatively stationary but aiming at and killing enemies with accurate ranged fire, especially near a mission objective, then they're not AFK.  Energy income and reward drops should both be blocked; the first to preempt macro activities, and the second to preempt leeches who just want free stuff.

I'm sure there are a few circumstances under which a player might be punished by such a system unfairly, but it difficult to imagine that it is a larger group than those rightfully punished.

Frost

Frost does one thing really really well, making him an effective (in some mission types) but boring frame to play. He needs more flexibility and utility in his powers to be a good frame.

My ideal Frost overhaul is still:

1.) Freeze: AOE explosion on impact. The primary target is Frozen, and enemies within a few meters receive standard Cold proc.  Primary target is broken free from the ice if they take more than 1/4 of their health in damage, but receive a fresh Cold proc when this happens.

2.) Ice Wave: Damage reduced to 100. AOE as a fan, rather than a column.  Pushes away and ragdolls enemies while inflicting a Cold proc. (basically Sonic Boom with added Cold for twice the cost).  Augment mod unchanged.

3.) Snow Globe: Nothing needed to base ability.  Augment: Frozen Wastes. Ability range and duration are increased by 50%, covers the ground with ice and snow, but there is no globe to block enemy fire. Only a large and persistent "slow zone".

4.) Avalanche. Boring nuke with poor damage and no utility.  Replace with "Blizzard":  50 energy to cast, then a sustain per second to keep it going.  A circular zone centered around Frost and attached to the player so that it can move with them.  Enemies inside of the Blizzard zone have reduced range (i.e. they have difficulty shooting the players unless they are close by, due to white-out conditions), and take increased damage from Cold based attacks.  Augment mod: Driving Snow. Adds a chance that affected enemies will be randomly knocked down or cold procced.

Capture the Cephalon

Not a PVP gamer. Pass.

Sniper rifles

The current problem with sniper rifles is that they are not consistent.  Critical hits are devastating, and frequent, but not guaranteed. When you line up a shot and everything checks out from a player skill end, but RNG randomly decides to roll a non-crit and the target survives, it's tremendously frustrating.  The change: Sniper rifles should always automatically crit on head shots, or target's nearest analog. Very high "bang per buck" solution, allowing players to achieve consistent deadly results with skillful use of the weapon. (some way to opt out of high zoom factor scopes would also be nice.)

Edited by Momaw

Frost Prime has been my main since I got him in 2013, and I use him for basically everything. He fits the role I love playing. 

Frost in General

Here are my thoughts about Frost in general. Here's a few stat buffs I think should happen.

Every other "tank" is faster, or has the means to become faster while he does not. Give him a slight speed buff.

His base Armor should be higher than it is. It would help with general survival, and make Snow Globe stronger.

I think a Stamina boost would be fitting as well. It takes a good physical psyche to handle the cold of all things.

Freeze

Freeze should have a bigger radius and increased duration.

The Ability needs a serious speed buff, or changed to something else entirely, as the projectile is horrible.

Damage done to the enemy/enemies that  is/are frozen should not prematurely end the effects, either.

The damage for all I care can be minuscule for compensation. The point of the ability should be to freeze things for CC.

Ice Wave

Ice Wave should have been doing what it's augment allows it to since day one, honestly.

I think it would be better if it spread out in a three wave cone shape when launched, rather than a single wave with mediocre range.

It should always produce a Cold proc to those hit by it, and it's damage should be above average so it can have versatility.

Snow Globe

Snow Globe annoyingly has the issue of being on a time limit, and having an invisible health bar. It should be one or the other, not both.

I'd say health only is more fair simply because the pre-adjusted Snow Globe that was duration-based only was pretty overpowered.

I think you should buff it's base range a bit. Please change it so it can block AoE attacks and enemy grenades properly.

Also, let us see how much health it has left, and also give it unique sound and visual effects as it's health degrades.

A unique sound effect for when it breaks would be extremely useful as well, as in the heat of battle it's easy to not notice.

I think for the sake of allies you should change the interior "blizzard effects" into snowflakes or something.

Some energy colors get pretty blinding, and I feel bad.

Avalanche

Good old Avalanche. You would think something named after a horrible weather phenomenon would live up to it's namesake, right? 

It should do damage first, and then a massive freeze debuff. It's pretty ridiculous how it is as of now.

Enemies go back to shooting you almost immediately after the animation is over, which is really bad, especially at higher levels.

The damage doesn't have to be to where you one-hit kill everything. I simply want it to be an amazing CC, as it should be.

Edited by Tymerc

As for the AFK stuff, I think that it should not apply to players that are dead, only if, said player is out of revives. Sure, in a way it is still forcing you to use revives(don't know why someone wouldn't revive unless everyone is rushing to extraction at the end of a survival mission). But I hear whispers that a lot of players actually use up their daily revives quickly and don't have the plat to spend on more(or don't want to spend the plat on more). And I have seen a few threads stating that players have missed out on end of mission rewards because they died and couldn't revive.

As for Frost, just like my voting stated, I only really think that Freeze and Avalanche need work. Both Snow globe(barring the whole health/duration thing) and Ice Wave are in good places.

Avalanche is in desperate need of some CC. It used to freeze enemies solid like Frost's 1st ability if they were not killed, that was a nice bit of CC, because once enemies got too strong to kill with avalanche, I could just freeze them, and either kill them before they unfroze or just use it to keep a group of enemies from moving and shooting for a short amount of time.

Lastly, there is a suggestion that I will champion until it happens:

FROST SHOULD HAVE A SYNDICATE MOD FOR SNOW GLOBE THAT MAKES IT FUNCTION LIKE THE ICE EXIMUS SNOW GLOBE, ALLOWING US TO HAVE A PORTABLE GLOBE CENTERED ON FROST TOO. PLEASE!

I am a firm lover of marksman-type weapons in Warframe, regardless of how valid they are in all situations. My favourite being the Lanka.

I think the biggest problem with sniper rifles at the moment, as well as the issue with crit reliability that Momaw mentioned, is that there is currently no real reason to take one over a bow. Bows are all silent, will crit every time (Paris Prime and Dread anyway), and have a certain degree of punch-through/ragdoll damage from their arrows. The only sniper that ticks the silent and punch-through boxes is the Lanka, but again its critical chance means you're rolling the dice every time you line up a shot on a high-HP target. With that high-level bombard in your crosshair, you can't be certain if you're going to score 2k or 22k!

I like the suggestion that sniper rifles should crit invariably with headshots. That would give them an edge that no other weapon type currently has, and it would fit them perfectly.

Edited by Dualice

AFK system:  The AFK system is flawed.  In punishes players who actually play the game as well as AFKers and, in reality, is worse than the AFKers themselves.  Reasoning: 1: if a player gets stuck, they will be excluded from rewards when their teammates extract.  the stuck player cannot do anything the prevent this, unless they are using Ash or Loki, and even then they may not be able to.  2: If a player steps away for a short time (to go to the bathroom, or similar, and their team extracts during that time, they might lose rewards.  3: If a player dies, and has no more revives, they lose their rewards, they cannot help this, because they have no revives but it happens anyway.  Something needs to be done to prevent actual players, who are playing the game, from being excluded.  The best solution I've seen is to have the players in the mission with the AFK player vote at two minutes to decide whether or not the player gets rewards.  THis is still flawed, but less so than the current system.

Frost: Freeze is pitiful, it is an almost useless power.  his others I have no real problem with.  The real problem isn't the powers. is that he has no good way of avoiding damage.  Generally Warframes that can't tank, are fast, warframes that aren't fast, can tank, or have some other method of avoiding damage,  but the only way Frost can avoid damage is to stand in one place and hide in snowglobe

PvP: Capture The Cephalon looks interesting, however, I and my friends really enjoy the current conclaves, that allows us to use pretty much whatever we want.  I hope something similar to those are still around after the new PvP is added, possibly even without the restriction of conclave rating.

Sniper Rifles: Snipers need a lot of work.  Right now there is pretty much no reason to use them over, say the Latron wraith of Latron Prime.  Even the bows, with their disadvantage of travel time and projectile drop ate eighty times better.  The only thing I can see making snipers worth using (other than buffing them to the point of being absurdly overpowered) is if some sort of special bonus were added to headshots only with sniper weapons, perhaps Shield/Armor ignore to sniper headshots.  Even if such a bonus were added, I think their base damage could still use a slight buff.

Frost: Globe scales somewhat badly. Because, you know, it's life based instead of time based (some older players told me it used to be time based... why did that change, exactly? I mean, if it was too strong for your liking, couldn't you just have reduced the timer a bit or something?).

I don't use the other three abilities all that much. Not only are they kinda meh, they'd be more useful for a more mobile playstyle, and due to it's ridiculously slow movement speed, I simply don't bring my Frost in missions other than defense, mobile defense, and excavation. There is a reason nobody likes using the Hobbled Dragon key: the other keys may gimp your fighting abilities, but to players, that's STILL better than a key that's simply annoying.

Snipers: Yes, they are not all that good. But you know what annoys me to no end? Primed Chamber. It's a mod that straight up add 100% damages on the Vectis, but it's not in circulation. Seriously, it's like if you gave Serration in an event a year or two ago, and never again after that.

Now that I have that one out of my system, about sniper rifles themselves... It's already been said, but considering the rate of fire these things generally have, unless they remain one shot - one kill even against high tier enemies, they'll never really be worth it. Though it might also, in my opinion, be possible to make them better by giving the weapon class a unique mechanic to make it distinctive rather than straight up buffing their damages/crit chance. So, I was thinking... How about giving all sniper rifles an innate punch-through? You know, to help them deal with crowds and free a mod slot for something else?