March 13Th: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Drew

Community Hot Topics  

3,234 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For a game that was meant to be a fast paced combat type, snipers feel like a contradiction to it.

Even while in various missions, you simply rarely use the snipers as actual snipers. Most fights resume to close/medium battles and about never long ones.

Don't add more snipers, until there is actuality another point of using them, other than using them as shotguns. 

And this is my opinion with shotguns snipers.

Edited by akkerusia

Here is how I would buff Frost:

Passives:

Shatter- Enemies frozen through Frost's abilities will instantly die if their current health falls to 10% of their maximum health (affected by Frost's power strength, caps at 15% health threshold) Enemies that die this way apply a cold proc to nearby enemies in a 5 meter range.

Numb Nerves- Frost has an additional 25% base cold resistance and cold status procs have a -66% duration on Frost.

1). Freeze

Changes:

+ Frozen target cannot be unfrozen until it dies or the duration of the ability ends (i.e. unfreezing health threshold of 300 has been removed).

+ Area damage increased to 75/150/225/300 and affects the initial target.

+ If the projectile misses a target, the nearest high priority target within the AoE of the projectile blast will be frozen. If there are no high priority enemies in the area where Freeze is cast, the enemy closest to the casting point will be frozen instead. If the Freezing Force augment mod is used, it will prioritize allies first in its casting point (this change will make casting Freeze much more forgiving and require less pinpoint accuracy, especially helpful for buffing allies).

+ Enemies within the blast radius are given a guaranteed cold proc (Freeze has an innate [unknown] chance to proc cold in its AoE according to the wiki. this change will make it much more consistent as CC).

+ Cast delay reduced to 0.2 seconds (again, to help make aiming it at enemies much more forgiving).

- Projectile damage reduced to 50/100/150/200 ( to compensate for the increased area damage).

- Freeze duration reduced to 3/4/5/6 seconds (since Freeze no longer dissipates once an affected has been inflicted a damage threshold, this change helps keep it from being too powerful).

2). Ice Wave

+ Ice Wave now causes minor enemies hit directly by the wave (while the cold proc is useful, this knockdown will allow Frost a greater form of area denial without the Ice Wave Impedance augment mod).

+/- Ice Wave now travels out in a cone. Starting width is one meter and maximum width is 2/3/4/5 meters. The AoE grows as the Ice Wave spreads out. Distance traveled lengthwise is unaffected. (This would let Ice Wave become stronger at longer ranges, at the expense of its potency at close range).

+ If Frost is sprinting during Ice Wave, then he will travel on the front of the Ice Wave, similar to Slash Dash. In addition, he gains +30% speed on areas affected by Ice Wave Impedance. (Idea is not originally mine, but I do not know the name of the author. this would give Frost the mobility he needs to keep up with other faster frames, outside of Zorencoptering. It would also let him have good initiation too, as he could ride the Ice Wave and cast Avalanche in the middle of a group of enemies).

3). Snow Globe

+ Projectiles absorbed by Snow Globe will reduce the AoE of the blast as well as its potency, both by 75%, in addition, the blast proc will be downgraded to an impact proc on allies (Bombard rockets are one of Frost's greatest banes as the AoE effect can incapacitate your team despite being protected by the globe.)

+ Invulnerability duration increased to 6 seconds (later on in T4D, you'll need to spam Snow Globe every 4 seconds in order to prevent it from being instantly nuked down. As a result, Frost can do little else but spam his Snow Globe constantly. This change would let him be more flexible in casting his other abilities while maintaining pod coverage).

+ Snow Globe no longer has a base duration and scales purely off of Power Strength (Scaling off of health and duration is a bit excessive, changing it to just health would let you worry a bit less about its duration, should you choose to go that route).

Augment Mod: Arctic Tomb

Casting another instance of Snow Globe outside of an existing instance of Snow Globe creates a snow globe that entrap enemies. This Globe is Invulnerable for 3 seconds and prevents enemy fire from leaving the globe and slows down enemies inside of its AoE. In addition, allies can fire at enemies inside the globe (enemy fire on the outside of the globe does not affect its health, but it can be damaged inside of the globe). In addition, Frost can manually detonate the Globe for the base cost of the ability (affected by efficiency mods). Doing this will cause the Globe to deal cold damage in the form of 15% of its maximum health (not affected by strength) and proc cold on enemies inside of the globe's radius. Only two globes can exist simultaneously (assuming Frost is inside one when he first casts this ability and leaves the globe to cast a second instance) and casting the second instance would change to casting to targeted, similar to Freeze.

Explanation: Allows frost to create "pocket" ice bombs, which would increase his suite of CC and let him trap enemies from afar.

4). Avalanche:

+ Cast time reduced to 1.5 seconds. (Makes Avalanche quite useful as an "Oh S#&$!" button if he's swarmed by a large mob of enemies.)

+ Enemies affected by Avalanche will be frozen (Gives Avalanche the CC it desperately needs).

+ Enemies affected by Avalanche will have their maximum health permanently reduced by 10% and is affected by power strength (up to a cap of 20%), this effect does not stack (Provides a scaling nuke for Frost, which synergizes with his Shatter passive, allowing his team to take down enemies more quickly in all stages of the game).

TL;DR - Frost skills now revolve around crowd control and area denial, to a lesser extent

Edited by SquidTheSid

Give Snipers a mod or ability whatever, that adds a quasi multishot with auto aim. You shoot one enemy, and you have a chance that 3-5 other projectiles start tracking nearby enemies and hit the same spot you aimed at on your initial target.

No, please, for the love of Lotus no extra mod shmancyness for Sniperrifles that makes the community rage up again and demand that stuff for other weapons as well. Not every problem of the game mechanic can or should be fixed with mods.

LOOKING AT SNIPER RIFLES, again;

When I'm reading through the opinions and suggestions of Sniper Rifles, I get the feeling that some people want to make them viable EVERYWHERE, and that is simply not going to happen. Sniper Rifles are not meant to stand against torrents of enemies coming at you. Sniper Rifles are by design not intended to make you succeed with no effort in your high level endless defense. They are suited for different mission types and maybe more open spaced tilesets.

Still, Sniper Rifles lack something special, especially when compared to bows.

The big thing between Bows and Snipers is, firing arc with normal zoom versus straight line with good zoom but usually horrible overlay. Of course you can still hit things at long range with a Bow, but this is more of a personal challenge and playstyle than anything else. But any Bow is also innately silent, and has a punch-through on full charge. The Regular Snipers have... well... nothing like that. So here is what I think should be applied to Sniper Rifles (current and new) and tested BEFORE thinking about other changes in the damage & crit / status chance category;

• Much higher accuracy. I'm sometimes frustrated at the edge cases when you really have a big tile and snipe an enemy from the other side... and you miss, even though the enemy stands still and you have the head right inside the crosshair. Just because of the accuracy rating.

• Crisp and useful HUD in zoom mode. Fighting with your zoom overlay instead of the enemy, depending which Sniper Rifle you are using, is just sad and needs to be revisited dearly. Clear and non-obstructing Sniper scopes please. Or just get rid of them entirely, until you are able to fix them. And when they're re-introduced... please give us an option to disable them if we so desire.

• Innate Punch-through. Bows have 1 meter, so I would think about giving Snipers 1.5 or even 2 meters. They fire high calibre and/or velocity ordnance after all.

• Innate Defense Penetration. This means a certain number (let's say 15%) of the defenses are being ignored. a shielded enemy gets 15% of the applied damage to health, and an armored enemy has 15% reduced armor in terms of damage reduction calculation. Conversely, this would mean a shielded enemy with armor underneath gets both cases applied; the 15% of the damage dealt going through the shield are also ignoring 15% of said armor.

• Adjustable zoom levels. Scrollwheel says hello. Use key says hello. You have so many options, just use one of them already please. Yes, I know, now people come again with the console controller argument. But I'm pretty sure controller users already have a solution for this at the ready. One variant that works cross-platform is; "hold aim button to increase zoom" which keeps the zoom level if you let go of the button, unless you click it again, at which point it's disabled again. Just like the Sniper Scope of Unreal Tournament behaved.

• NO Sniper Rifle should have projectile travel time, EVER. They all should be hitscan. Make the Lanka a Railgun already, please.

• NO arbitrary Charge mechanic to load up the shot. If you want to make a charge sniper, then damage should be possible at any portion of the charge. And while you are at it, fix your charge attacks first please. it needs a linear scale from minimum to maximum damage, so a half-charge doesn't deliver minimum damage. If you want a cosmetic "charge-up" of a railgun or whatever fancy thing, use the reload function or fire-rate delay for that.

• Split Sniper Ammo pool individually between primary and secondary weapons. There is no reason why a Sniper Rifle should have less ammo just because I carry around an Angstrum. Especially since the Angstrum sometimes works as a nice pairing for a Sniper, clearing out groups of enemies coming close while sniping off others long range.

After this, you're able to fill several categories worth of Sniper Rifles;

"Heavy Snipers" for the one-shot kill things with maybe even a higher innate punch-through. These would be having a higher recoil, maybe even only one round in the magazine like the Vectis.

"Light Snipers" would look more like the Vulkar, but with a bit more Semi-auto Rifles in the mix. Higher clip size, and also adding a semi-silent, if not completely silenced aspect to it.

"Charged Snipers" would increase their damage and their punch-through upon full charge, but they NEED to deliver damage upon short firing. And again, as mentioned above, you really should look at fixing your charge-mechanics to provide linear damage increase. Especially if you want to toy again with melee charge attacks, as mentioned in one of the recent live streams.

Lastly, I hope for a revision of the damage system. Let's be honest, crit chance and damage in a game where you can POINT AND SHOOT at vulnerable spots... is stupid and redundant. Crit chance is a system that has it's roots in simulation based combat, to add statistical hits on weak spots. Scoring a critical hit on a vulnerable place like the head is like "critting the crit." With more than 100% critical hit chance, it becomes even more ridiculous... "critting the crit of the crit." There is also no need for the Bows to have an innate bonus to headshot damage... really, that needs to be removed. There are so many things working under the hood which are a) not visible in the UI and b) bandaid fixes that are bound to be revisited, hopefully sooner than later.

Wonky critical chance/damage system needs to go, and "fixed vulnerable spot damage multiplier" needs to come. This will finally make a distinction between aiming and "spray'n'pray" styles, additionally allowing non-automatic weapons to shine in the hands of a true marksman. That includes Sniper Rifles.

Edited by Khunvyel

Sniper rifles don't really have a place in the game right now. Warframe is, more often than not, all about fighting large numbers of enemies in close to medium range, which is something sniper rifles are horrible at.

Right now the best 'sniper rifle' happens to be Opticor, which technically speaking isn't even a sniper rifle. Most bows are better too, due to faster fire rate and crit chance. There are also enemies such as Nullifiers that make them completely useless since piercing the bubble isn't really possible with low fire rate weapons.

Sniper rifles could be made more useful overall by increasing fire rate and adding built in punch through, but they would still be outclasses by semi-auto and even burst fire rifles due to Warframe's dynamic nature.

They could maybe be modified to be more effective than currently at taking down priority targets by a combination of:
-allowing them to ignore a % of target's armor

-increasing their critical chance/damage when firing at enemy's weak point

-additional damage increases in order to put them above bows

-reworking Nullifiers.

ya, snipers are my big thing here. i only use them with the silencer mod equiped, which lowers my dps potential, and there is no reason not to pick a bow over a sniper right now, except maybe hit scan, but even then, if your good with a bow, its alot better, because of the ragdoll death killing other guys. i would think snipers could be stronger if they had silencer automatically, and had some kind of punch through mechanic already. they dont have to be insane crit weapons, they could maybe use a status chance buff though. and please give us the ability to scroll the scope in and out.  so many times i go to snipe something, and im staring at their face on my screen. they can only be used right now on stealth, and exterminate missions, and maybe capture missions if your running like a loki or something.  im not saying they should be viable in every game type, because there is no reason why i should be sniping in survival (defence maybe makes more sense). you could also maybe release some sniper only mods, like maybe a ignores percent armor mod.  i currently only use sniper rifles because they look cool (vectis for life), but im aware i can really only use them on the star chart, not the void. maybe the raid mission will give them a nice niche, but i suspect that if there is a sniper role you could fill, im bringing my dread or paris prime. the problem with them isn't even damage right now.  its lack of reason to use it over a bow. but please dont nerf bows.

IMO, Snipers need a small buff. these weapons are one-shot kill weapons, you need to aim carefully and for weakspots, and in that manner, they're great. They don't offer the room cleaning possibilities of a bow, and that's a problem, because bows are also precision weapons, that at the same time are good with crowds. More snipers could use the Snipetron treatment and have innate punch-through.

Yes but this system doesn't solve stuff like E gate where 4 players just did nothing. And used a macro to go AFK. So a voting system could work but if the system detects 3 or more AFK people it should not give them rewards or stop the enemy's from spawning.

Make a second counter AntiMacro that after 20-100 ability uses (probably in one spot) gives the user 10-15 second to press a number 5-0 (or 5-9 dependig on the keyboard).

And if the player did not hits that number he automaticly dies.

Also should count the "reaction time" to make further improvements.

Edited by PETI258

I'm so glad you guys are looking at Frost again.  He's always felt rather lacking - like his only purpose in life is Snowglobe.  I'm hoping his other three powers get buffed to be on the same level, so he'll be a more well-rounded frame (instead of a one-trick pony).

AFK is fine, I guess.

Avalanche could use some more utility. Once enemies don't die because of the damage, the ability itself stops being useful. Frost is otherwise great.

The problem with snipers is not the damage. They are fine. It's the kind of missions: when you are being rushed by 30 enemies on screen, the "shoot 1 bullet and take 1.3 sec or whatever to reload" routine fails. Only extremely specific mission-weapon combinations work, and buffing them will not make a difference unless you give them some gameplay twist (for example, introducing mods that give thermal vision, so that we can combine them with punch-through mods for devastating effects).

If you want to make the snipers viable, introduce missions that make them tactically/strategically interesting. Maps with only large maps, few powerful enemies (themselves with powerful long-range capabilities). Make some maps, or some gamemodes, interesting in a sniper-vs-sniper kind of way.

Denying rewards to AFKers is perfect, tho 2 minutes might not be enough to go to the bathroom if need be, maybe 3 minutes?

Frost has seen better days, that's for sure, his 1 and 2 got improved but his Globe and Avalanche sure need some buffs.

Globe should have the time that it is invincible and soaks damage increased from 4 to 6 seconds, and also make range increase the slowing aura inside the globe (so that stretch + overextended feels a bit better on him), while Avalanche should get it's old bug back, where it used to freeze enemies for a couple of seconds, since frost is all about the team defence and not damage, thus giving him more damage instead of more utility would be a BAD idea.

Snipers should really feel much more satisfying for what they do, I mean, you get way less fire rate, less ammo, tunnel vision (although increased vision), all for a bit of damage increase. I say pump up sniper damage by a bit, AND give them higher crit rate and crit damage. Yes I know it's a bit of playing with RNG then, but it's so satisfying when shots crit and 1 shot things, especially in this game where everything comes at you in massive swarms, so if they don't have fire rate (which really they shouldn't) they should have the ability to 1 shot most things.

They should all still have their own "specialities" like vectis raw high damage, or snipetron innate punch through and so on, just so they feel distinct besides the difference in fire rate, accuracy, reload, clip size, etc.

Current afk doesn't bother me. We can't use macro's on PS4 (as far as I'm aware of), so it would be nice to not get hit as afk if you are using mesa for more than 2 min on a defense wave, but as it as, if you need to, all you do is come out of your alt and throw up shatter shield or shooting gallery real quick, and make a slight movement and go back into it. It's just more of a pain trying to time if you've been in her ult for more than 2 min. 

Frost, one of my favorite characters...he definitely needs some love. Prime looks like such a badass...and even non prime looks really friggen good. One of THE BEST looking frames in the game, sadly it kind of stops there. He's slow, and with low stamina. Yeah, he's defensive, or everyone seems to think that's the only way you can play him. Reason is his speed/stamina. He's got 1 defensive (globe), 1 cc (avalanche), and 2 "offensive" skills. 

It becomes an issue trying to put a good load out on frost. Most people only run frost for his snow globe, which is understandable, but you lose all other utility when you do that, because his globe both has a life value and duration. If you build for duration and strength, he takes a huge hit to how useful you can be, as you have pretty much set yourself up for being a stationary being. 

As is, you need to put a rush mod on him if you want to play him any way other than a snow globe build, along with a full shield build. His base survival stats are great, you just can't use them if you need to use a snow globe build.

-needs slight buff to base speed, but stamina is fine-

I never use his 1, it is almost as pointless as Ember's (pre update/buff as we on ps4 don't have her full buff yet). The damage vs cost is not worth it.

-needs a total rework-

His 2 could be nice, as someone else said, his augment for his 2 should be part of it, as it makes it slightly more viable, and moving it to a duration. As is, once again, not worth what it costs to cast.

-needs augment built in, as it is, you can't afford to use his augment because to make him survivable, you need every slot -

His 3 (snow globe), hands down his greatest asset, but not just for defense. It can create barriers, choke points, slow enemies down to control the pace of the battle field, give you temporary relief to revive a team mate, etc...except it has life points. Snow globe should be straight duration based, but duration from base should be reduced. As it is, it scales HORRIBLE. Even when you max strength out, when you hit moderate enemies on t4, you may get 4-6 seconds out of your globe...not very useful at all unless you are literally stacking and spamming both globes and energy restores. A proper played and built Limbo with Cataclysm is a much more effective skill for defense than Snow Globe, as it has no health, it's just solid duration, and it deals damage upon enter Cataclysm, and once again when it goes down, and then the damage buff and mitigation your team gains while being in it, and you can add in his augment for cataclysm to make it that much more powerful. 

-move to straight duration based, but reduce his base duration by 50-60%. as is, you can put up a globe for more than 50+ seconds, which isn't needed, especially when it only lasts 10sec or less when it matters. Give us 20-30 seconds out of a duration build with no health counter on the globe. this will drastically change his game play. You can then use his globe no matter what, even if it's only 10 seconds because you aren't using a globe build, it's a true 10 seconds of relief.-  

His 4. Avalanche. So close to being useful, but it just isn't. The effect area is horrible, and kind of unpredictable, and for the cost, is generally not worth it as if your globe(s) are still viable, you can just throw up a globe(s) to protect you for a short time, and take the enemies our more efficiently with your gun. 

- slight base damage increase, with a 360 degree area of effect that concentrates at frost (center) and tapers out from there- strength should still effect this ability, along with range, but make it scale better. there should also be a duration based knock down after the use of avalanche. You literally just caused an avalanche where you are, the ground should be slippery for a slight duration to your enemies, causing them to stumble/fall/stagger if they enter into the range of your ult, maybe for 2/4/6 seconds after using avalanche. This gives a slight cc value, and is also great for revives or helping a slower frame mitigate damage when traveling large rooms full of baddies.-

Overall, Frost is an awesome frame, with LOADS of potential. You are just severely limited due to a lack of synergy in his ability builds, with a conjunction of being slow. This causes him to only be built for one purpose most of the time (snow globe), and a true lack of depth for him as a frame. 

I do challenge people to step outside the "norm" and use frost offensively. Put a rush mod on him, and tone down your duration (base duration) to add a max shield and shield recharge build, add some strength and range to him. He's quite capable when using him this way, it just falls off REALLY fast. His abilities, except for his #1, (and aura slot, because reju helps everyone) sets him up to be good at anything if you give him some MUCH needed speed and branch away from being a snow globe bot build.   

Edited by (PS4)excat_56

Sniping at mid range is fine (people who say there are no sniping maps) this doesn't bother me at all.  You can snipe nicely from 30-40 meters away and closer.

the problem with sniper rifles is that the majority of content is hoards of enemies.  How can a bolt action vectis hope to stay relevant vs a soma prime mowing down droves of enemies, while the 'lil vectics just pops away 1 enemy at a time.  

We need REAL reasons to want to play snipers, give it some innate abilities that machine guns and assault rifles CAN'T GET!

Another huge indirect nerf to snipers was the induction of the nullifiers.  It's a shield that has its per bullet damage capped.  You've just gimped every sniper rifle in high tier content.  

Problem :

Sniper niche is to take out high priority targets with 1-2 shots! (hopefully 1)

Snipers need to fire a dozen or more shots to take down a nullifier shield (nullifiers are high priority targets that a sniper player has to ignore, and also has to ignore any other high priority targets inside his shield).

TL:DR

This is a game where tons of enemies charge at you, sniper rifles  can't keep up with other forms of tenno ordinance.  (needs buffs and incentives that make it unique and useful in a party)

Nullifiers gimp target priority for snipers.

Fix the current snipers before making new ones.

There's one archwing gun, Veloticus, in which ALL SNIPERS should follow the example of. High damage, long ranged gun. Copy/paste formula to the Lanka... seriously. I really don't care if the damage is switched either. the sniper damage needs to be much higher than it's current state.

I personally don't have an issue with frost, as he had more abilities  that has some kind of utility, unlike ember's before the revamp. Freeze can be used during reload, like Ember's, ice wave auto procs cold, (but there could be a cone effect), snow globe is fine as it is-(However, I don't think it carries the health of all the previous snow globes), Avalanche-this is the one that needs a utility buff, or some kind of toggable version that does DOT.

AFK:

regarding the afk system, first thing that always comes to mind are the frames stuck in place while using an ability (hydriod definitely with undertow). i've had issues with it while playing frost in a defense (gotta keep that globe up on wave 60 on that t4d...no room for error) and it's absolutely silly i have to dance around while i'm using targeted skills such as energy vampire or an ability that has to be spammed for optimum effectiveness such as desecrate. i was marked for afk and didn't even notice on an ods while using nekros till a reward cycled up. 

Frost:

our slug of a frost mage tends to feel underwhelming when in any mission that isn't defensive. you could even argue that limbo easily replaces him in a well coordinated team. freeze just isn't a worthwhile stun to line a shot up with in most cases. ice wave is ok, but it needs a bit of tweaking in my opinion. snow globe is also ok, but it also needs some tweaking (remove the HP pool or the timer would be my 2 cents on it). avalanche is also fairly useless. i get more CC and utility to just bring a jat with reach then slam the ground to get them out of the globe so it definitely needs a change.

Sniping Rifles: 

they're sub par, simple as that. the damage per shot isn't enough to one hit past a fairly low level of 35-ish for most cases. a headshot you can land with the vectus fairly well at range without heavy cal, but the lanka's travel time makes it risky to do because those AI like to turn on a dime because they thought they seen a robo squirrel or something... long story short, damage per shot isn't worth the penalty you take to your ability to handle groups. sure you can line up those heads with the lanka and get some nice collateral, but that's not always an option. buff the damage by a good amount, slow the RoF, and add some innate punch through for all snipers (add some to the lanka to keep it fair). in my opinion bows should be better at fast firing good damage while snipers should pack a very nasty punch and make sure they don't just walk away from it, but be slower. also, add a few new snipers, but don't repeat the same idea the kohm had (new weapon with no 'fix' to the shotgun group's problem).

Frost:

I kind of like Frost, he's that good guy from way back that you just "know". He has a spot in Warframe and it will hopefully always be there. But he is lacking. He is slow, and his skills are still mediocre.

Freeze:

Good: it temporarily stops a target from moving and attacking, also deals a bit of damage to both the main target and adjacent enemies.

Bad: Single target focus, while it may damage enemies around the main target they will not be frozen (or slowed?).

Suggestion: Enable Frost to target the ground, creating an ice pillar or block/boulder. This could then be used to hinder enemy movement or to provide cover (has HP much in the same way that Snow Globe does). Slow down all enemies in the aoe-zone. if fired inside Snow Globe, partially restores SGs' HP, but still passes through.

Ice Wave:

Good: Deal damage in a line, possibly affecting multiple targets. Automatic Cold-proc.

Bad: Initially to thin and short.

Suggestion: While not such a bad skill, the skill is neither one that is remarkable. Scrap it. Frost is SLOW and needs some maneuverability change the skill to

"Boulder Dash" - a Metroid-like ball that lets Frost quickly move around and avoid getting entangled (faster movement speed).
When activating Boulder Dash a cloud of snow explodes outward from Frost, stunning and slowing nearby enemies. Frost is also transformed into a rather small ball that rolls around controlled by the player. This is an activated ability that drains energy over time. Exiting from Boulder dash will once again provide a cloud of stunning/blinding snow.

*Frost can not attack while in this mode, he may however knockdown enemies that he rolls into. While in boulderform Frost attracts less aggro.

Snow Globe:

Good: Soakes up damage and provides cover, slows down enemies inside.

Bad: Can limit vision and hinder allies from from attacking a target if they are outside of the globe. Also triggers explosive selfdamaging weapons.

Suggestion: This skill is quite fine as is to me, the only thing I can think of is the visuals and possibly if it could soak up a little of the selfdamage.
Possibly if snow globes could be linked, as in if a globe overlapped another the walls inside would dissapear (possibly augment).

Avalanche:

Good: Deals damage in an aoe field around you on multiple levels (iirc).

Bad: Lacks CC, also has a rather lenghty casting animation.

Suggestion: Add a slow or freeze timer to enemies caught in the avalanche, possibly add a "frost armor" to allies within the zone.

*Frost armor: A temporary armor bonus that comes from frosts armor value and strenght.

Ie:
(Armor/2)*(power).

Base:

(190/2)*(1) = 95

+95 armor bonus

Max:

((190 + 209)/2)*(1 +1.99)

(399/2)*(2.99)

199.5*2.99 = 596.505

+596.505 armor bonus.

*do note that the time for frost armor could be affected by duration mods.

Edited by Lactamid

Rhinos Iron Skin has an indicator, it in the bottom right right under the skill icon where Frosts timer is for the globe. Theres a counter that goes form 100 to 0 and shows you how much you have left on iron skin.

My bad, don't really play Rhino anymore. But that doesn't interfere with my main point - frost bubble has nothing like that, and Nyx absorb only shows damage as it comes on, which is at least something, but nevertheless - if they all had an actual running total, not just a percentage or momentary indicator of inclusion, then it would help.

first is in a bad area as he abilities are easily done better by other frames while also having lacklustre cc skills. While still a one trick pony

Freeze: it's terrible for a first skill while having bad flight time and easily in a co op game becomes unfrozen easily. It's single target.

Ice wave: it's still situational as its a line it should be a cone to effect more enemies in wider areas.

Snowglobe: still dies to easy on high level while still being affected by aoe skills like bombards which makes no sense and will get a team dead so easily.

Avalanche: one of the worst 4th skills in game it has no cc at all and one of the shortest ranges ever.

Adding dsmage to frost is a no go like last time which hardly made a difference. This would fix frost

Freeze:

Dosent break on damage

Hit scan/faster projectile

No more damage

Splash effect: freezes main target and a few around that target.

Lowers shields/armour

Strength: amount of shields/armour reduced

Range: splash radius of freeze

Duration: freeze duration

Ice wave

Cone instead of line

Pushes targets back on cast

Slow proc after cast

Leaves slowing ground on floor

Strength: damage/ pushback radius

Range: cone range

Duration: of slow proc/floor of ice

Snowglobe:

Stops aoe effects on the outside of the globe

Blizzard effect now snow flakes

Duration removed: limited to 4 globes at a time try to cast another gets rid of the first

Slowing now powered by strength

Stops procs of fire/poison/all others if inside so freezes the procs from happening

Strength:globe hp/ slowing rate

Range: globe range

Avalanche:

Freezes targets in the area

Range: length of freeze

Strength: damage/ reduction of shields/ armour

Duration:freeze duration

Afk system is debatable at the moment as I don't mind afk players that have been playing for a bit then go to get a coffe which is fine it's normally the people that join the game at the start then just stay in place after the mission starts kinda like in invasions. It should have more indeph afk system as currently it's kind of annoying.

Sniper rifles in general are pretty bad they should do massive damage as they have a small ammo pool and small clip size to take about 10 enemies then reload unlike rifles where they can do gd damage and take more enemies out at once before the sniper take one heavy out. Snipers need a buff still

All I can say is. AFK system has made me stop playing warframe completely. I've played for 14 months. I quit because they put it in, and because the game hates my wide screen monitor(lowest or highest settings) stuttering and tears. Spoke to DE, they fixed it, sort of. Then it came back.

But the way I play the game is often solo, because I have no much free time, in the sense, I take care of my dying parents, if they need something i HAVE to get up wether it's 30 seconds or one minute. Give them pills, pay for food, take garbage out, daily stuff. Plus I take care of the apt we live in, so I have responsibilities I can't say no to due to "playing warframe"

Last time I played after it came in, and recently. I had to do stuff, it's a big problem for me. I dont get no rewards ever. I feel like the game is laughing at me for having troubles in life.

It's at a point where I legit can't "play" the game because when I try to, I get no rewards. Ever.

All I have to say about it.

It should be 1-2 minutes, and for PUBLIC only. If you make the game with people on your friends list, you all should have an option to turn OFF the AFK no reward.

But make that option not seeable for public.

If my friends and I are playing(often the case) we all have very busy lives, children etc. So it's rather unfair when our best friend gets no rewards for  a 60 minute mission, cause his baby was choking.

P.s: sorry if that came off as sour grapes/whining. 

Just a game I fell in love with in every type of way and helps me escape my chronic pain and injured leg nerve and has all the sci-fi I love etc. But now I just can't play.

Edited by HerbertBStain

The afk system right now seems very punishing and uninformative. As i get it, it detects if you MOVE, and if you don't you will be flagged as afk. I could actually do lots of things while standing still like shooting enemies or using abilitie to either kill or support, making it first of all a misleading afk statement as you're tachnically not away from the keyboard, just not moving. The timer seems good although a lower timer wouldn't hurt IF a vote system was implemented. Taking away rewards is a bad decision IMO though, imagine a scenario where me and a few others have played a long survival or defense and one of us have no revives left and then dies. 50 or 60 minutes into a high level survival it is fairly easy to get killed and if the team takes more than 2 minutes to get to the exit, which could occur since there's a specific rotation on rewards so we only get "good" things every 20 minutes in survival or 20(?) waves in defense making it even more likely that a dead player with no revives will be dead for more than 2 minutes. and thus not get the rewards he helped get until he died.

For Frost, I like his looks though i doubt that's the intention of this thread so i'll stick to the topic and say i rarely use his 1, 2 and 4. snowglobe feels good and does nice, the rest is mediocre or bad, the augments for them makes them slightly les bad but still as tedious to use and still not worth it. All in all he could use a look at for the first, second and fourth ability but stat-wise he feels fine and his snowglobe is at a good place.

Snipers Hit hard as far as i know, the only complaint i have is that it's just slightly unreliable for crits, and only certain maps really makes sniping a worthwhile endeavour. I do however know that it CAN one-hit most things, even in high level missions and can respect people that like it and has taken it to the next level. It's definely not a bad weapon category but a bit lacking in certain areas, or rather the pace of the game is often more suitable for more up front weapons.

I'm actually really excited about pvp and look forward to playing it, even though i never really played pvp before, but this has caught my interest, because it seems to be a more balanced warframe, a change i'd like to experience.

Just have to add one thought.

About Sniper Rifles:

The existing Sniper Rifles aren't that with the numbers DPS wise. And thats only the theoretical numbers, as High Damage weapons easily loose part of that DPS, meaning all that damage that wasn't necessary to kill a target.

So a shot that would have killed a Grineer Bombard, also kills a Grineer Lancer, forfeiting all the damage that is above its armor+health.

A weapon with lower damage can change target after reaching armor+health of a lancer, and kill a few other lancers, with the same damage that would kill a bombard.

Higher damage doesn't change the overkill part, and so most of the time doesn't increase their real DPS, but at least it can do its job in killing Hard units fast even on higher levels.

The thing that concerns me about the AFK system is there are so many ways to miss out on rewards due to bugs, like getting stuck in a wall or dropping out of the map.

As for sniper rifles, the current maps and game types simply don't encourage snipers. We need game types and maps that make it useful to headshot some dude from 500m+. Scoping in while fifty guys are rushing you from 30m away is pointless, and if you're not going to scope in then why bring a sniper rifle at all?

Edited by motorfirebox

I'd kill for a game type where snipers could shine, some sort of advanced extermination, most of the time damage per shot is meaningless comparing to damage per second, I doubt any buff would make sniper rifles more useful in the current scenario. 

About the AFK system, I think it wouldnt hurt to discuss the whole thing and find the best method before actually implementing it.

AFK system: 

I think the player should lose EXP+SYNDICATE REPUTAION. That's all. 

Even then, the player should NOT just be punished outright. The AFK logic would merely trigger a VOTE. Player would only be punished if the majority of the team votes to punish. Give the players the voting power, but don't let them start the voting ballot to prevent abuse. The AFK code would be the only way to start a vote, then it's up to the players. 

It has been talked to death about a slew of possible sniper buffs. 

Snipers need a buff overall. I'd say they should have the crit rates up to the roof. At least 2x the current numbers.

I think that it is a weapon that deserves some UNIQUE mechanics too. My favorites: 

1) Create a passive 'cone of slowness' in front of the sniper rifle. As enemies get closer to the reticule center, they gradually slow down. Mods would increase the strength+radius of this effect.

2) Kill streak. Every consecutive kill would give +10% damage+status chance to the next shot. It would accumulate up to a variable number. Certain snipers would accumulate more than others. Mods would increase this limit. 

3) Ricochet. If the bullet misses or goes through the enemy, it ricochets up to 100 meters (leaving a trail of course). A special (unique?) sniper could have a special mechanic where the ricochet trail stays for a long time and works like a trap, damaging enemies which bump into it. 

FROST:

Frost had a much-needed buff to its Snow Globe, but sadly it is still in a sorry state. Its strength should be in CC-slowing down enemies or freezing them outright. 

The first power deals too little damage. This is especially important because the area damage has a falloff. The enemy freeze only lasts up to 300 damage, which is laughable on higher levels. This 300 damage limit should go away. 

Ice Wave: The power is totally worthless, except: if you equip the augment. It has been stated over and over by DE that Augments SHOULD NOT BE BANDAIDS. But that's exactly what it is. The only way to make his skill worth using is by equipping the augment. 

Proposed solution: Ember the augment in the base skill effect. Replace the augment effect with: 

Whenever an enemy steps into the cold ground, a cold spike creeps in the direction the enemy came from, spreading the cold ground effect. This can happen many times, and the secondary spikes would grow additional spikes too, possibly expanding the cold ground through a vast area. 

Snow Globe: As is, now it's good.

I'd like a Snow Globe augment where powers cast inside it can expand its size and add elemental DoT to its inside. 

Avalanche: Currently, it's useless. It does not freeze enemies or deal enough damage. Both deficiencies should be addressed. Enemies should initially be frozen, then move to a 'cold' state before thawing completely. Giving a defensive buff like increasing player ice armor if they are inside the Avalanche area would fit the defensive role of Frost. 

PVP:

Haven't had a chance to test capture the cephalon, but it will still be irrelevant unless DE steps up and adds a CODE OF CONDUCT, outlaws alliances of alliances, outlaws match-fixing, rail-blocking & co. and implements a sports-like classification/elimination tournament structure. 

Frost
I have received requests to cover Frost in the past few Community Hot Topic threads, so finally, the iceman cometh.

Someone has been playing Marvel Heroes...

On another note... MORE SNIPERS!!! Maybe make one like Snipertron? Or maybe... a Sentient related sniper weapon?

I am quite curious as to why Chroma didn't show up in this hot topics.  There would have been a ton of different threads relating to Chroma if they hadn't been merged into his megathread, and this hot topics seemed like the perfect opportunity to get some feedback from the players on what they like & don't like about him so far.

It doesn't just feel like a wasted opportunity....it almost feels suspicious.