Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Controller Not Working

Nexus730

Is your controller not working with other games or is it just Warframe?

It's just warframe, I don't know if it is my computer or warframe. Also, warframe has this werid bug that if you jump into a rail, you can get stuck on it and teloport to a random point on the map.

It's just warframe, I don't know if it is my computer or warframe. Also, warframe has this werid bug that if you jump into a rail, you can get stuck on it and teloport to a random point on the map.

If you want to see if it is your computer go to Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Devices and Printers

Right click on the controller you are using and select Game Controller Settings

Click Properties and you should get a screen that looks something like this

Capture.png

Move the sticks and press the buttons to make sure your controller works.

Open up Warframe and then alt+tab back to the same properties screen. 

If all of the buttons still work but nothing is happening in the game, then it is a problem with Warframe.

I've just logged in to Warframe and can confirm my controller works. 

It would seem the problem lays at your end. 

As well as Shadowrays post above it would be worth unplugging your controller, rebooting your system and then  reconnecting the controller. Windows should advise you that it is installing the device and enable you to confirm that it's not a Windows issue either.

Another thing to try is plugging in a different controller, if you have access to one obviously. If that controller works then it may be that yours is on the way out.

If you want to see if it is your computer go to Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Devices and Printers

Right click on the controller you are using and select Game Controller Settings

Click Properties and you should get a screen that looks something like this

Capture.png

Move the sticks and press the buttons to make sure your controller works.

Open up Warframe and then alt+tab back to the same properties screen. 

If all of the buttons still work but nothing is happening in the game, then it is a problem with Warframe.

I did exactly as you said and warframe is not working with my controller. It was working in the menu but not the game.

Edited by Nexus730

I've just logged in to Warframe and can confirm my controller works. 

It would seem the problem lays at your end. 

As well as Shadowrays post above it would be worth unplugging your controller, rebooting your system and then  reconnecting the controller. Windows should advise you that it is installing the device and enable you to confirm that it's not a Windows issue either.

Another thing to try is plugging in a different controller, if you have access to one obviously. If that controller works then it may be that yours is on the way out.

Also tried that, did absouluty nothing.

Unfortunately I am not sure what the problem with your controller is, so I would suggest opening a support ticket with Warframe support. Normally I wouldn't suggest using support but since you are having problems specifically with Warframe, their support is the easiest way to find a solution. It is usually reliable and you should get a reply within a day. Support is open 9AM to 6PM during the week so you would have to wait until Monday to get a reply.

Edited by Shadowray