The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Strangest Reason To Be Ignored By Another Player

Ingway

This happened recently.

I had Oberon equipped and I was trying to sell some prime parts and some mods. 

Nyx prime chassis 20p, Nyx prime helmet 20p

This guy replied saying "i'll buy" I say "ill inv"

We get to my dojo and everything set up plat up front and my prime parts offered. 

Out of no where he cancels and leaves.

I think he just lost connection. but when I messaged it said User is ignoring you.

People are just weird :/

One time I accidentally posted a recruitment message in region chat, so I apologized after I realized where I posted it.
Several people immediately went berserk and started saying things like "THE F*** YOU APOLOGIZING FOR?". But then some dude was like,

"I'll kill your mother".

This happened recently.

I had Oberon equipped and I was trying to sell some prime parts and some mods. 

Nyx prime chassis 20p, Nyx prime helmet 20p

This guy replied saying "i'll buy" I say "ill inv"

We get to my dojo and everything set up plat up front and my prime parts offered. 

Out of no where he cancels and leaves.

I think he just lost connection. but when I messaged it said User is ignoring you.

People are just weird :/

Got this a few times too. I think they just got a better deal and don't wanna deal with backlash from you.

I ignored a person for the first time the other day.

Right out of nowhere a player who i wont name accused me of scamming them for a loki prime part. I have no idea who they are (i'm in a very large moon clan) and they were so adamant i scammed them, it was pretty freaky.

I've made 3 trades in warframe to date. Once for 3 aura mods, another time for a stance mod and another time to give a stance mod with these last two being today for that matter. All of which were between clan members.

The player who accused me is in my clan.

It was an insult on many levels.

either i dont remember getting ignored or SEA doesnt really use the ignore feature much. as for me, i have a few doods in my ignore list but only one left an impression to me.

so this person was recruiting a t4, albeit a little demanding with his team composition. but whatevs, his key his rules ill play along. i joined the party only to see a rhino p with 2 unranked weapons, and demanded that i use the "invisible" color bug for frost. pretty sure the guy didnt know that you need the blackest black from the smoke color pack for that and i only ave the saturated black which is not that eye piercing.

we proceeded to get in and the guy was throwing such a tantrum over the color of my globe. i told him im not spending 75p just to cater to his every needs since im not his babysitter.

the guy then bailed and left the party confused all asking me if the whole party dc. not gonna make any risk of meeting the weird guy again so i got him in ignore.

The only time I block people in-game is when I try to buy something, and someone pms me saying "offer?".

It's annoying. If you're selling something, you should have a price. 

I suppose we'll never trade, then. I reply with "offer?" sometimes to gauge what it's worth to the buyer and I also like to negotiate. I've usually give a price upfront, but when it comes to someone asking and me not stating one, then I've received no reply or was ignored.

I've noticed some players just don't understand haggling, or trading in general, and it's easier to work around their desired price than state mine and effectively waste my time.

When recruiting for a clan, it's not uncommon to encounter some odd fellows. The other day, I was out and about recruiting as I normally do, and get a couple of interested PMs as per usual. Two guys PM'ed me at approximately the same time so I greeted the first one and politely let the other guy know I would be with him in a moment. After I'd finished talking to the first person, which lasted about a minute and a half, I went back to speak to the second guy. 

"-User- is ignoring you."

It certainly doesn't bother me, as I wouldn't really want someone that impatient in my clan anyway, but it really does make you wonder what's running through their minds. 

Edited by DJ_Redwire

I got ignored for trying to sell an Arcane Vanguard the other day. Someone offered 25 plat, and I asked him if he had any idea what it was worth. He told me that yes, he did--and that he was being generous, since he could just get the "stupid cosmetic" from the market and skip dealing with greedy players. I tried explaining that it was the arcane version, that got removed from the game and that it wasn't the same as the version in the market, etc.

He called me a "@(*()$ scammer noob" and ignored me... I cannot believe the deliberate ignorance of some people.

The only time I block people in-game is when I try to buy something, and someone pms me saying "offer?".

It's annoying. If you're selling something, you should have a price. 

Yes @ Tymerc - it's really, really annoying. you should definitely have a price in mind.

I'm not sure where you're coming from, since that's pretty standard. I do that. I do have a price in mind... most people probably do. Unfortunately, there are many idiots in this game that will try offering 25p for an Arcane Vanguard. Asking for an offer is a pretty good way to see if they have any idea what they are doing, and what the thing they are trying to buy is worth. You don't want to deal with negotiations/bartering/haggling? You're losing out on a lot of potentially good deals, smh.

Edited by Siubijeni

Woof. Surprisingly I don't think I've ever been ignored despite my incredibly polarizing attitude. Though the strangest conversation I've had (part of it is actually visible in my screenshots for the amusing occurrence of having 4 Steel Meridan operatives follow me) was during a Steel Meridian syndicate sabotage. It started off with me walking over to the reactor and opening it to which the first thing that was written was "WTF how did you get there so fast".

I should remind you, I walked.

I ended up thinking "Oh, he's looking for medallions, okay yeah, sometimes these get timers after you blow them up, this one probably won't but hey y'know better safe than sorry. I'll check the rest of the level for medals first." So I did. I didn't find any so I decided to blow up the core because, hey, I knew it wouldn't trigger a timer, so what's the harm right?

As soon as I did that he immediately disconnected from the session (he was the host) and I was put into my own instance of the game, y'know, like it does. Then I was messaged, and I'll never forget how it started: "How dare you." I was then accused of hacking because apparently I managed to get there too fast for his liking and apparently I "never even spawned". Which still is a statement that confuses me.

I then made the observation that I now had 4 Steel Meridians following me, which was neat. Whereupon he got quite insulted that his disconnecting didn't also crash my mission. "This insolence of yours is rather... Unfitting." was the weirdest part though. I've been called many...negative terms before, but never so formally, nor have I had it referred to as insolence. Usually it's A****** or some variation on that. Or as I like to say "casual indifference".

Then he made the claim that because he was the host he was essentially a god and I should have done everything he said as opposed to doing what I pleased.

It might seem like I'm mad about the situation, but honestly it was more really weird than anything else and I really needed to share it. Hey guy, if you're reading this I'd be cool with running some more missions with you.

Woof. Surprisingly I don't think I've ever been ignored despite my incredibly polarizing attitude. Though the strangest conversation I've had (part of it is actually visible in my screenshots for the amusing occurrence of having 4 Steel Meridan operatives follow me) was during a Steel Meridian syndicate sabotage. It started off with me walking over to the reactor and opening it to which the first thing that was written was "WTF how did you get there so fast".

I should remind you, I walked.

I ended up thinking "Oh, he's looking for medallions, okay yeah, sometimes these get timers after you blow them up, this one probably won't but hey y'know better safe than sorry. I'll check the rest of the level for medals first." So I did. I didn't find any so I decided to blow up the core because, hey, I knew it wouldn't trigger a timer, so what's the harm right?

As soon as I did that he immediately disconnected from the session (he was the host) and I was put into my own instance of the game, y'know, like it does. Then I was messaged, and I'll never forget how it started: "How dare you." I was then accused of hacking because apparently I managed to get there too fast for his liking and apparently I "never even spawned". Which still is a statement that confuses me.

I then made the observation that I now had 4 Steel Meridians following me, which was neat. Whereupon he got quite insulted that his disconnecting didn't also crash my mission. "This insolence of yours is rather... Unfitting." was the weirdest part though. I've been called many...negative terms before, but never so formally, nor have I had it referred to as insolence. Usually it's A****** or some variation on that. Or as I like to say "casual indifference".

Then he made the claim that because he was the host he was essentially a god and I should have done everything he said as opposed to doing what I pleased.

It might seem like I'm mad about the situation, but honestly it was more really weird than anything else and I really needed to share it. Hey guy, if you're reading this I'd be cool with running some more missions with you.

In my head, that player was Salad V trying to figure out how this 'gaming' thing works. He even talks (writes?) like him.

If only he'd called you a mute peasant.

I was ignored once for showing up with Cernos and Kronen, and using the Synoid Gammacor. Guy told me 'don't bring such noob weapons you scrub.' him and his buddies left the squad and i was ignored from all of them.

I wasn't even using them, just making my Rhino look different XD