Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nervara

Primes In Pvp.

Question

I have a few quick questions regarding PvP. I've seen a screenshot with Excalibur Prime in PvP and heard certain weapon variants will be available in PvP. So will Mag, Volt and Excalibur Prime be an option to those who own them? As well as the Lato and Skana Prime Founders have? Though there is a slight stat increase there isn't a huge difference and they could be nerfed for PvP. If this isn't the case I hope DE revises this. 

6 answers to this question

Wonder if they planned it this way and that's why we are getting Volt prime instead of a different prime (Ash comes to mind)

They stated that all variants of the items are allowed, which generally includes Prime versions when the phrase is used in contest rules. I would expect the same applies here, especially since I saw screenshots with the Braton Prime.

Since weapons are being individually balanced for PVP using a whitelist system, I would imagine (pure speculation, but it makes sense) that Prime/Wraith/Vandal weapons will use the same stats as the non-unique variants, being a purely cosmetic alternative.

If this is the case, then Founders and exclusive gear would definitely cause no balance issues at all.