Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino Build

Systematyc

Question

Hi, i just finished building rhino yesterday, I already have Excalibur and I preffer to be in the middle of the battlefield.
I'd potated it, as well as my Excalibur. And I'm going to use with Rhino Gorgon, AKBolto and Fragor.

And for warframe mods: VItality, Focus, Redirection and Flow, with all 4 warframe powers, focused on damage making, sacrificing speed.

Any expert Rhino can give me some advice¿

11 answers to this question

I would advice you to use the search engine, because there are multiple threads about Rhino already. Furthermore you can't do that much wrong with Rhino, but I would recommend to use only 2 of your abilities, or 3 if you feel the need to. Radial Blast seems to be a waste of points and energy and Radial Stomp isn't too great either, but at least kind of useful. Don't rely on Rhino's abilities to deal damage, because that isn't what he is designed for - he is a tank and you should use that to your advantage. Iron Skin is one of the best abilities in this game currently and allows you to get in close combat without any risk, which allows Rhino to do some serious damage in melee range. Use Continuity, Flow and Streamline to get the most out of your Iron Skin (and Rhino Charge, which is a great ability to catch up, close gaps or do some damage) and remove Focus and Rhino Blast. It's up to you whether you want Rhino Stomp or something else instead of Rush, but I recommend the later, because you will fall behind your teammates otherwise eventually (if you don't want to waste all your power for using Rhino Charge to catch up).

Edited by Marijan

Don't use Rush. it's a multiplier. It's amazing on, say, Loki, who has an obscene movement speed, but it's barely noticeable on the Rhino who moves at about half the speed of the warframe standard. Look to use Quick Rest instead. Continuity, Streamline, and Focus are all excellent choices. The longer you can Rhino Skin, the better.

For skills just Rhino Skin is fine, Rhino Charge is also good for those situations where you need to be somewhere fast, or just need to peel a group off a team member, it's also a very minor point investment and low energy cost. Rhino Charge also works well with the Furax because of the knockdown. Furax is an extremely good weapon when you can repeatedly do ground finishers on tougher enemies like Ancients and Heavies.

Enemy Sense or Thieves Wit aren't bad either, but not mandatory, they're more luxuries but Enemy Sense does have a place in endless defense. I haven't used it because I can't find it but Retribution strikes me as an amazing mod to compliment the Rhino. I'm not sure if it works while Rhino Skin is on but alternating between letting your shields eat shots and then using Rhino Skin as they're about to run out should net some decent damage output.

Don't use Rush. it's a multiplier. It's amazing on, say, Loki, who has an obscene movement speed, but it's barely noticeable on the Rhino who moves at about half the speed of the warframe standard. Look to use Quick Rest instead. Continuity, Streamline, and Focus are all excellent choices. The longer you can Rhino Skin, the better.

Enemy Sense or Thieves Wit aren't bad either, but not mandatory, they're more luxuries but Enemy Sense does have a place in endless defense. I haven't used it because I can't find it but Retribution strikes me as an amazing mod to compliment the Rhino. I'm not sure if it works while Rhino Skin is on but alternating between letting your shields eat shots and then using Rhino Skin as they're about to run out should net some decent damage output.

That's just wrong. Yes, Rush is a multiplier, but 30% more speed are exactly as noticeable as on any other warframe - you are 30% faster. That's less absolute increase than for faster warframes, but never the less a great way to compensate for Rhino's weakness, which will cause you to fall behind occasionally. Rush seems to be the better choice over Quick Rest or Marathon - many people even consider it a must-have for Rhino. Focus is completely useless without any damage-dealing abilities on Rhino. Flow is useful as I already mentioned.

Enemy Sense and Thieves Wit are kind of useless, because Thieves Wit doesn't highlight the most important loot and Enemy Sense is a much worse version of Enemy Radar. Rhino doesn't have a matching polarity slot and 4-10 points for something like Enemy Sense just seems like a waste. Retribution is kind of pointless as well, since a 15-60% chance of damaging the few melee enemies, which are mostly harmless anyway and are easy to avoid, doesn't justify the cost of 3-10 points at all, espcially since Iron Skin probably makes this module completely useless.

Edited by Marijan

i can Iron Skin for 3min straight before running out of energy, and if you die with my build its because your being stupid

Max Redirection/Vitality in polarity

Max Flow

Max Streamline

Max Continuity

Max Abilities

rush barely puts you at standard speed and if you know how to parkour you can easily keep up, steel fiber on the other hand from my experience does very little to help survivability vs redir/vital

neglecting any of your abilities is a bad idea as who knows any buffs or changes they may make then you have to redo your build. All of his abilities have their uses and i actively use them every time i play.

ps rhino charge will help you jump and clear gaps others have a harder time with which will help you keep up

Edited by Ecotox

I have never used a rush mod on my Rhino or my Frost. Guess I am not too fussed with the speed.  Yes I lag behind the group, so I pack a bow so I can shoot stuff at longer ranges.  I have maxed my Frost the same way I maxed my Rhino.  HP, Shield, Armour(when there's nothing better)etc I have never used a rush or marathon mod.  

Its not essential though I can understand why people think that.

Rhino speed 0.8 + max rush (30% = 0.24) = 1.04

Any other frame speed 1.0 + max rush (30% = 0.30) = 1.30

Loki speed 1.6 + max rush (30% = 0.48) = 2.08

That's why Rush is "meh" at best on a Rhino.

Tricks/parkour will help you out much more without wasting 10-11 mod points.

Take Marathon or Quick Rest if u really want to

my 0.2 $

Just use your first skill, Rhino Charge, to close the gap. Get power efficiency so you can spam it a bit more. Continuity should help too, if it works similar to Excal's SnD. And I concur, Rush is rather wasted on Rhino. You'd do better with max stamina increase, or stamina regen.