The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Prime: The End Of An Era. [Megathread]

I'm sure DE has caused an uproar on the removal of Frost Prime, Latron Prime and Reaper Prime. My primary concern is how this affects the trade prices and the market itself.

On average in the Asia region, Frost Prime would usually go for about 30p, and Reaper Prime about 20p. Latron Prime is practically worthless as it is hard enough to sell it to begin with. It's late where I am and I'm honestly quite scared to log in and look at the prices other players have placed on these items.

So what's next? Will DE continue with the removal of Primes according to the timeline it was released? Will Primes be removed with every new Prime Access? Or will it catch up and eventually, the only way where we can actually get Primes is by purchasing Prime Access?

I've put in many hours into this game and hopefully DE would shed some light on this subject in upcoming Devstreams.

So what are they going to do after volt prime access?

Will ash prime access continue the trend and get rid of another 3 prime items?

I understand that they may use these for other rewards in the future but they also may not. Its not right for DE to leave us in the dark about this.

I'm sure DE has caused an uproar on the removal of Frost Prime, Latron Prime and Reaper Prime. My primary concern is how this affects the trade prices and the market itself.

On average in the Asia region, Frost Prime would usually go for about 30p, and Reaper Prime about 20p. Latron Prime is practically worthless as it is hard enough to sell it to begin with. It's late where I am and I'm honestly quite scared to log in and look at the prices other players have placed on these items.

So what's next? Will DE continue with the removal of Primes according to the timeline it was released? Will Primes be removed with every new Prime Access? Or will it catch up and eventually, the only way where we can actually get Primes is by purchasing Prime Access?

I've put in many hours into this game and hopefully DE would shed some light on this subject in upcoming Devstreams.

I agree if DE is planning on removing the Primes which is currently the "End Game" for expericed players they need to be more verbable with this. It's a very radical move and I feel as though the loyal members of years deserve some comfort in regurds to there gaming future soon.

Please DE shed light on this subject in this upcoming Devstream.

Edited by (PS4)Arrow_Temper

The funny part about Latron Prime being hard to sell is that it's actually a monster in disguise. Ah, but most never give the more common weapons a chance to be fully realized.

Basically, expect a rather massive increase of prices of these three Primes. Stock while you can and sell for when you're desperate or be a true champion of the people and give them to a fledgling newbro.

The fate of Primes is up in the air- this act threw a lot of people off and there will be a bit of turmoil for weeks to come.

Relax. I really doubt it's going to be gone in the long run of things.

Don't assume anything since we have very little information about it.

All we know they might just move it throughout the star-chart like they mentioned during Tennolive. We don't know.

Hell, the prime vault could be similar to the Vaults in the Derelict.

Wait until the next update on the 24th and we'll find out everything we need to know.

So try not to worry Tenno,

Cheers! (:

Last chance to get it in the void.

I really doubt it's going to be gone in the long haul, so lets not assume anything since we have very little information about it so far.

While the Prime Vault is new, it can open its doors at any time. 

While the Prime Vault is new, it can open it's doors at any time. 

Can I go in there?

Rather, can I become a Vault Guardian and look majestic with my Misa Prime Syandana while protecting my Main... by using my Main?

Edited by Tymerc

its clear why their doing this,

rng is nuts in the void, there is just too many primes at this point,

removing these lets volt and his prime weapons come in and not be even nuttier then it was,

It don't think that's the case. There are many other/better ways to clean up the drop tables.

remove duplicate parts, reduce key drops, reduce cell drops, reduce forma drops, use orokin dereclict rotations, ....

First post in the trading chat when I got on was +++FROST PRIME 300 plat+++ and I was like You are crazy bro! Maybe after the parts are unnobtainable... Makes we want to go grind for full sets lol

*Catch this early enough because i maneaged to get the parts through seperate deals for 34 plat total*

Edited by ThatReallyGrossGuy

Well Megan, now that you say it. Can we open the Prime Vault with Primed Dragon Keys for instance ? After the void has exploded and the missions are scattered across the starchart ofcourse.

So by the wording here we can assume that primes that are thrown into here will only resurface when DE says so and is not tied to the changes that are coming to the void to merge them with origin system missions?

Edited by Nazzami