Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

-----iseeu2-----

Free Catalyst/reactor/forma Every 100Th Post, Free Frame/aw/plat Every 1,250Th Post

An impressive metaphorical point put into a descriptive, narrative sculptured - outsight.

All invalidated by the fact that I have over 5500 posts in LPW.

That, and I fear no threat.

*Appears out of nowhere*

Did I win?

Damnit...

L13 won, but he passed it on to 201, which is you. So technically, you win. What's your preference, tenno?

EDIT: Caught ya in-game, cheers.

An impressive metaphorical point put into a descriptive, narrative sculptured - outsight.

Wait, so you can post how many posts you have in a single thread!?

Tell me senpai.

spoopy.

Wait, so you can post how many posts you have in a single thread!?

Tell me senpai.

See how many, you mean? If that's the case, then this does it.

iyd5bCw.png

Is my personal preference irritating?

Excellent.

No, I'm just a vampire, and so your personal preference is not irritating, it is deadly.

I get up, mud crunching beneath my boots. The air is shrill, they all look up at me, terrified, their drinks on the table. I hear the bartender yell as he slammed against the carved wooden counter, I don't care. The stranger called Syndrex shivers, slowly reaching for his dusty cap laying on the table. I draw my revolver and point it against his head, it gleams from the sunlight, they all stay silent. I whisper: You'll pay for saying that!

He walks to the door, slowly raising his hands. He doesn't bother call the sheriff, he was asleep under the sun. The stranger walks outside, slams the door and heads for his brown mare. I holster my gun, turning back into the bar. Nobody is talking, they're terrified of me. I sit down onto the creaky chair, pull my hat over my head and close my eyes.

Stories?

I like stories!

Sorry to disappoint.

A doge was an elected, chief-of-state lordship, the ruler of the republic in many of the Italian city-states during the medieval and renaissance periods, in the Italian "crowned republics".

Etymology

The word is from the Venetian dialect, reaching English via French. Doge, along with the related and, descends from the, meaning "leader", especially in a military context. The wife of a doge is styled a dogaressa and the office of the doge is termed dogeship.

Usage

The title of doge was used for the elected chief of state in a number of Italian "crowned republics". The two best known such republics were Venice and Genoa which rivalled each other, and the other regional great powers, by building their historical city-states into maritime, commercial, and territorial mini-empires. Other Italian republics to have doges were Amalfi and the small town of Senarica.

In several writings of Theodor Herzl, founder of Zionism, he proposed that the future Jewish State take the title of "Doge" for its head of state – but this was not taken up by the actual state of Israel.

Selection

After 1172 the election of the Venetian doge was entrusted to a committee of forty, who were chosen by four men selected from the Great Council of Venice, which was itself nominated annually by twelve persons. After a deadlocked tie at the election of 1229, the number of electors was increased from forty to forty-one. New regulations for the elections of the doge introduced in 1268 remained in force until the end of the republic in 1797. Their object was to minimize as far as possible the influence of individual great families, and this was effected by a complex elective machinery. Thirty members of the Great Council, chosen by lot, were reduced by lot to nine; the nine chose forty and the forty were reduced by lot to twelve, who chose twenty-five. The twenty-five were reduced by lot to nine and the nine elected forty-five. Then the forty-five were once more reduced by lot to eleven, and the eleven finally chose the forty-one who actually elected the doge. None could be elected but by at least twenty-five votes out of forty-one, nine votes out of eleven or twelve, or seven votes out of nine electors.

Initially the Doge of Genoa was elected without restriction and by popular suffrage. Following reforms in 1528, plebeians were declared ineligible, and the appointment of the doge was entrusted to the members of the great council, the Gran Consiglio. The ruling caste of Genoa tied them to executive committees, kept them on a small budget, and kept them apart from the communal revenues held at the Casa di San Giorgio.

Gallery

See also

Doge of Venice

Doge of Genoa

Doge of Amalfi

References

Bibliography:

Wikipedia

@baygross

No, I'm just a vampire, and so your personal preference is not irritating, it is deadly.

Oh. My apologies, then.

*tips hat*

Thanks for the compliment.

Lego is not judgmental.

What a sensory paradox this is. Or maybe just cognitive dissonance.

And, you're welcome.

What a sensory paradox this is. Or maybe just cognitive dissonance.

You're so enigmatic. Just chill, we can get all Morgan Freeman later.