The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Opticor....alarming?!

(PSN)TheArrowOfGod

Question

16 answers to this question

The opticor was never silent.  Unless you have a silencing mod on it.

This is news to me. I haven't used the Opticor in a while, but when I was leveling it up when it was released, enemies were completely deaf to Opticor blasts.

This is news to me. I haven't used the Opticor in a while, but when I was leveling it up when it was released, enemies were completely deaf to Opticor blasts.

For it to be news, it would first have to be true, and second have to be accurate. Dont worry fella, you got it right. It is perfectly silent.

The fact that it's silent is news to me! lol.  I stand corrected; I guess I never noticed that enemies didn't hear it.  It just surprises me that the dang thing goes BLAM and not a soul hears it, lol.

The fact that it's silent is news to me! lol.  I stand corrected; I guess I never noticed that enemies didn't hear it.  It just surprises me that the dang thing goes BLAM and not a soul hears it, lol.

It surprised me as well when I first saw it. It threw me through a loop that a Dr Evil style "laser" wouldn't make a sound, but I read up on it while it was building, and then I tested it out, and sure enough, it was right. 

When I leveled the opticor it was a silent weapon. But it may well be possible that it alarms enemies when you hit an object rather than an enemy, just like bows in warframes do. Don't know this for sure though.

This is true. Most, if not all, stealth weapons will notice a projectile flying by them, as long as it is close enough. You dont want to miss with these. With that in mind, split chamber is not always a good idea for bows when running stealth.

It has innate punch through on a fully charged shot and explosion if it hits a surface rather than a mob.  Its possible on the punch through to cause an explosion.  That can make other mobs aware around it or they react to the mob shot being killed if they saw.  But yes its silent unless they bugged the PS4 update.