The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Other Dragon Frame

ROSING

Long before this whole dragon frame concept reach my ears, I kinda saw some dragon like qualities on another quite obvious frame. It's really subtle, but that's what I like about it.

It's:

Excalibur. Now before people blow up on me and stuff, keep in mind that a lot of the original warframe designs were more subtle in theme (still a fan of that but DE does what DE wants with these new ones). Ember's flames took a bit of time to see and Volt was a bit more complex than a walking battery. And Excalibur? If you along his back and the bottom of his wrists, you'll see sort of fins, no unlike the ones you see in a dragon. I'm posting some images but you'd be better off logging on warframe and inspecting him yourself to see what I mean.

WARNING: CONTAINS EXTREME NOSTALGIA OF THE PANORAMA MISSION LOBBIES.

Weuw60D.jpg

NS1QK43.jpg

VwnYRez.jpg

Compare this to the classic european dragons. I'm again providing a fpic here, but again if you just image search dragon you can see what I mean.

Concept-HighDragon.jpg

See the fins on the back of the dragons wrists as well as his back? I know, they're really small details on excalibur but it makes sense in a certain way; excalibur is of course a reference to king arthur's sword, and king arthur and the good old medieval times was not without its tails (ha) of dragons. I'm not sure if that's what Excal's artist was going for when he added in those fins, but I think that subtle details like that is what made me really fall in love with the aesthetic of the original warframes.

I've now effectively wasted 10 minutes of my time and 5 minutes of yours. Carry on...

Edited by ROSING

Long before this whole dragon frame concept reach my ears, I kinda saw some dragon like qualities on another quite obvious frame. It's really subtle, but that's what I like about it.

It's:

Excalibur. Now before people blow up on me and stuff, keep in mind that a lot of the original warframe designs were more subtle in theme (still a fan of that but DE does what DE wants with these new ones). Ember's flames took a bit of time to see and Volt was a bit more complex than a walking battery. And Excalibur? If you along his back and the bottom of his wrists, you'll see sort of fins, no unlike the ones you see in a dragon. I'm posting some images but you'd be better off logging on warframe and inspecting him yourself to see what I mean.

Weuw60D.jpg

NS1QK43.jpg

VwnYRez.jpg

Compare this to the classic european dragons. I'm again providing a fpic here, but again if you just image search dragon you can see what I mean.

Concept-HighDragon.jpg

See the fins on the back of the dragons wrists as well as his back? I know, they're really small details on excalibur but it makes sense in a certain way; excalibur is of course a reference to king arthur's sword, and king arthur and the good old medieval times was not without its tails (ha) of dragons. I'm not sure if that's what Excal's artist was going for when he added in those fins, but I think that subtle details like that is what made me really fall in love with the aesthetic of the original warframes.

I've now effectively wasted 10 minutes of my time and 5 minutes of yours. Carry on...

Of course Excalibur is also part dragon, even his alternate helmet says so. Pendragon Excalibur Helmet, "Pendragon or Pen Ddraig (pronounced Thraig), meaning in Welsh "head dragon" or "chief dragon" (a figurative title referring to status as a leader), is the name of several traditional Kings of the Britons:" (Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pendragon). It even look like an epic dragon face, so yeah.

It's:

Weuw60D.jpg

NS1QK43.jpg

VwnYRez.jpg

Concept-HighDragon.jpg

Finally! Someone else recognizes that Excalibur looks like a dragon. Excal Prime's helmet looks even more like a dragon than Excal's helmet.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

nice observation, OP.

his helmet gave me a hint of a dragon's head long time ago... although I ignored it since I thought it matters not much...

Along with Excal's subtle dragon appearance, Rhino really is a rhino... or rhino beetle, or both.