Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Known Bug] Game Shuts Down Automatic Or Crash After Mission Or Leaving Squad

(PSN)weeler

I have been trying all day to figure out if there is something that causes this issue, I adjusted all the graphic's setting individually, altered ports, tried using a different internet connection, tried with and without my router, turned off global chat, played in solo, uninstalled then re-installed, reset everything back to default in settings  and haven't figured out anything about this bug, I am gutted, I have been playing Warframe since launch, have invested huge amounts of time & money, and never has it been this broken, its truly unplayable :-(

Here is a video i recorded using my cellphone (sorry for the poor quality) it shows the issue at 24 seconds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYduM3NbeLo

hopefully we can get a hotfix for this at some stage this week,  with the dex dakra coming in a couple of days :-(

We are still looking into this bug, so any additional information is appreciated. Has anyone tried reinitializing their PS4 to see if the bug persists? 

Here is a video i recorded using my cellphone (sorry for the poor quality) it shows the issue at 24 seconds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYduM3NbeLo

Video is currently set to private, but it would definitely be helpful to see. If anyone else has a video, please link it in this thread

hi everyone,  since the update 16 yesterday i have the problem of the game automatic shuts down or crash after doing a mission or leave a squad, anyone else has this problem, its not really a big deal i just start the game again, i'm sure they will fix it, bu someone have to report this right, i love this game its awesome hehe

Having the same issue weeler. It happens to me just about every time i leave a squad after doing a mission also. how ever on my end it happens way to much about every 2 missions or so. I hope Drew sees this and understand i am in love with the game however this bad issue is drawing me away because i can hardly can play without it crashing. I hope this gets fixed soon Drew and hopefully it doesn't take that long for DE to conclude the issue.

_~Warframe for life

Drew, what means reinitializing their PS4? Some "data delete", or just regular on/off our consoles? We (Players) will try to find something that is wrong, but please, don't expect a lot of players going that far... Previous version for Warframe was just fine(for me, at least i hope for everyone else, at least for this crashes), maybe start looking in that direction? Honestly, i don't know what we (simple players) can do... Not everyone have time or skills to mess with ports, tech, etc stuff. We just want to play, relax etc. We don't get paid for this either. But i wonder, we all have the same ps4, what could possibly go wrong? It seems this bug is somewhat, dynamic? Like different reasons sometimes for homescreen. Man, if only i could help better... I have, some sort of experience but with pc, this kind of a problem kind of rare for consoles (without any error message to add?! ) <_>

P.S: Some addition. Now, i can add this from my own observations: it seems if you will start the game, playing and if you take a break, it will "enchance" probability of happening of this bug when you return. Even for the starting load screen (if not proceed after loading is done). Well at least for me, and not sure if this a tendency or not. But probably it's just a coincidence... For this day and yesterday.

Edited by (PS4)TemoteJiku

Happening to me too, it is a game breaker since I already lost hours of gameplay, since, y'know, you get nothing if you crash in the voids despite not being the one to blame, you're the one who pays for it. It's getting out of hand already, this thread just isn't bigger because ps4 users don't come to forums as often as PC players, but i assure you, a problem of this magnitude on the PC would have countless threads on it.

Reinitializing doesn't help, nor does deleting the data, also, these 'fixes' would take hours to be even considered fixes, if they fixed, that is.

edit : Just after I typed, went to play the steel meridian sabotage mission, first mission, got detected because parkour is impossible on the grineer tileset, game crashed. I take a deep breath, start the game again, same mission, get detected, because of the same reason, which deserves a thread of its own but anyways, get detected, game crashes again, now after this wonderful experience I went to do something healthier, smoke a cigarette (I'm sure the stress is more harmful than this calming nicotin). 

Since my volt p is already maxed (through lots of work since game crashed a lot during tower survivals making me lose all the bonus exp), i just hope the quest to max odonata p and imperator vandal won't be as stressful.

Edited by (PS4)DanteVincent

Look at the amount of posts some people here have, means that people created accounts solely because of this problem, this is how frustrating it is, you enter a mission theres a 50% chance your time will go to waste, please fix it. 

I agree, I have been playing since this game launched on ps4, but have never needed the forums.....till now, hoping there going to get it fixed before the new tactical alerts are launched, otherwise i'll miss out on the new stances :-(

Some french guy had his game closing like the OP said after 15-30 min of gameplay.

I told him too tone down some graphic options in Options> Graphics, and since PS4 doesn't have those, he resetted them to his Defaults.

The operation seems to have improved drastically the stability of his game experience.

You could try and tell here if you experience the same improvements.

I still don't know if this trick solve the problem or just give a temporary breath to the PS4.

It would be interesting to know.

Some french guy had his game closing like the OP said after 15-30 min of gameplay.

I told him too tone down some graphic options in Options> Graphics, and since PS4 doesn't have those, he resetted them to his Defaults.

The operation seems to have improved drastically the stability of his game experience.

I still don't know if this trick solve the problem or just give a temporary breath to the PS4.

I spent about 3 hrs playing with different settings, hoping it was something they added to the game in 15.16, unfortunately I had no luck, it happens everywhere,could be modding your new dex dakra ( just now) or you could be cutting the crap out of the invested, blasting a hole in some grineer, or silently butchering a corpus soldier, and it will just close :-(

At least i've got bloodborne now!

Edited by (PS4)matsta

Tried that too, tried everything, tried almost every mix of settings; pretty much the same exact thing matsta said in the post above: crashes occur in the most random fashion, it's impossible to find a pattern, which is what worries me, not as much as it should be worrying the staff responsible for it, but anyways, i'd like to contribute more but the way things are going it won't be possible for ignorants on the matter like us. If as community moderator you have easier access to some1 at DE who might give the necessary attention to it, we'd be grateful!

I agree, I have been playing since this game launched on ps4, but have never needed the forums.....till now, hoping there going to get it fixed before the new tactical alerts are launched, otherwise i'll miss out on the new stances :-(

Welcome to the forums haha, a shame for the reason though, tac alerts are my worries too, we have some good games out now to entertain us while wf is unstable but the stances will be exclusive for quite some time i imagine, and evolving tac alert badges as well. :s

If as community moderator you have easier access to some1 at DE who might give the necessary attention to it, we'd be grateful!

Drew already posted into this topic, which means he is aware of the issue, and relayed it to the devs.

They are already looking into it, it will just take time because there is no clue of where it comes from.

They will find.

If the shut down prompts you anything during a crash, report it (here and/or Support). If you notice any particular action which triggers the crash often, report it too.

Thanks for your vigilance&patience!

Welcome to the forums haha, a shame for the reason though, tac alerts are my worries too, we have some good games out now to entertain us while wf is unstable but the stances will be exclusive for quite some time i imagine, and evolving tac alert badges as well. :s

Thanks bud,

Looking forward to farming my Volt prime too, have got plenty of keys!, tried to run one this morning, got up to the target to capture him then VIOLA! nice blue menu with slightly repetitive ambient music, so I gave up, I wonder if Drew ever managed to watch my video, hopefully they delay the release of the alerts till its playable again.

I've tried a few things on my end to see if anything would help.

1.) Used a proxy - it extended the amount of time I was able to play by 2 times (including non-mission time).

2.) Turned off the router's firewall [no proxy] - this did not extend any time, Warframe closed faster than before.

The last three connections the PS4 tried to make was "us-prof.np.community.playstation.net" before it closed.

Hope this helps

If the shut down prompts you anything during a crash, report it (here and/or Support). If you notice any particular action which triggers the crash often, report it too.

Problem is, game just shuts down, no crash report nothing - just usual PS4 home screen.

IMO it will be extremely hard to pin down.

most of the time it happens when i take a break, and my carracter just standing in my liset, when i come back from my coffee break and pick up the controller, and as soon i push a butten or moving my stick its closes the game, its like the game wants to connect bu its to much for him..