Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Known Bug] Game Shuts Down Automatic Or Crash After Mission Or Leaving Squad

(PSN)weeler

Never in my life have I seen a more annoying bug.

I have boosters going to waste because I can't play.

The game quits randomly,no warning,it even quits as soon as the game loads sometimes.

If it wasn't for my boosters I won't even bother playing,not with MK X around the corner!!!!

Nobody has tried re initializing their PS4 yet? I know that's a pain, but we haven't been able to reproduce this bug and test it ourselves. 

No sorry, its something that will take me a huge amount of time! and I have to much stuff installed on my ps4, I've been using this console since the launch! it'll take hours alone just to re-download all the psplus games! hopefully someone can try it and get us an answer,

I'm starting to get withdrawal symptoms...... and I really want a Volt prime!

I was looking around at the new firmware update for PS4 and noticed a setting that I hadn't seen before.  I don't know when it was added, but it sounds like it might produce the reported error behavior. 

I'm starting to wonder if people not seeing the error screen is actually this setting auto sending the report.  Anybody with this problem want to try and turn it off and see what happens? 

Settings -> System -> Report System Software Errors Automatically .  The (helpful) manual page is at: http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/settings/reporterrors.html

Edited by (PS4)Loki1211

I was looking around at the new firmware update for PS4 and noticed a setting that I hadn't seen before.  I don't know when it was added, but it sounds like it might produce the reported error behavior. 

I'm starting to wonder if people not seeing the error screen is actually this setting auto sending the report.  Anybody with this problem want to try and turn it off and see what happens? 

Settings -> System -> Report System Software Errors Automatically .  The (helpful) manual page is at: http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/settings/reporterrors.html

I seen that too!, just re-re downloading Warframe then i'll try it, 

We're asking Sony for some help on this. One other thing I'm curious about... Are those of you who have this bug using the hard drive that came with your PS4 or did you install a new one? 

Never tampered with my ps4. everything is the same as i bought it with a gta 5 bundle. never had this issue till 15.12. the game manly like to shut down on me when im leaving a squad or opening the chat box. happened every other mission it seemed like. also if i try not to leave the squad it will just crash and go back to the ps4 dashboard with no warning. Also, what exactly happens to your ps4 when you reinitialize your ps4?

We're asking Sony for some help on this. One other thing I'm curious about... Are those of you who have this bug using the hard drive that came with your PS4 or did you install a new one? 

Same one that came with ps4. Somebody mentioned something about chat boxes causing a few problems too, and if my memory serves me well, not every time, but most of them (times i had error) i had a chat box who wouldn't load.

Today for example, i had no problems at all with chat box that wouldn't load, and didn't have any crashes.

May be a bit of a stretch tying these two things, but since we're all clueless here, could be worth a shot.

I'm using the same HDD that came with the PS4.

I downloaded the PS4 udpate 2.5. It's checked by default and it did not produce any messages from the console nor the game after the game closed.

Me too, still the factory HDD

It will reset it back to out of box state, everything will be wiped, EVERYTHING!......which is why I dont really wanna do it, I've downloaded Warframe twice already in the last week, (Yay for unlimited bandwidth!) and looking at the games ive played that dont save to the PS+ cloud, I hope to avoid having to do this!

This started for me since the update. I tried un/re-installing. Nothing. I also tried deleting my saved game data. Nothing. Factory HDD. It's getting worse for me now. Before it disconnected After every game, now it sometimes disconnects when I'm at extraction or right before the option to leave or stay appear (defense, extraction); it's a gamble just to play anything. It also recently happened when I tried chatting (L2) during a match; I don't even try to anymore. I've missed out on several rewards bcuz of it, "not to mention" all the time I lost basically playing for nothing. There is no warning, no error message, I just get the boot. It's very annoying to say the least. 

Edited by (PS4)Dazo

We've got a few basic questions from Sony for anyone who is experiencing this bug. We're hoping to find a common denominator. 

1) Have you swapped out your HDD?
2) Do you have a video app running in the background?
3) How large is your friends list? Is it maxed out?
4) Are you livestreaming when this occurs?
5) How full is your HDD? 

6) How full is your share library? 
7) Does this problem persist regardless of completely shutting down your PS4 and turning it back on again? (not just entering rest mode)

Thanks for the additional info. We're working hard on this bug. 

1. Nope

2. Nope

3. I have only 2 friends on PSN and none on Warframe

4. Nope

5. 272,5 GB of free space

6. How do I check this one? I haven't shared anything tho

7. Yes, I've tried shutting down and putting my PS4 into rest mode and nothing works

Edited by (PS4)nangskey

1. Negtive

2. Nope

3. I have  63 friends on PSN and about 75 in Warframe

4. Nope

5. 110.35 Gb's free 

6. only 11Gb's in share library

7. My PS4 has been turned on and off more than ever since this issue arrived,

Yay now its double credit weekend that i cant even play :-(

We've got a few basic questions from Sony for anyone who is experiencing this bug. We're hoping to find a common denominator. 

1) Have you swapped out your HDD?

2) Do you have a video app running in the background?

3) How large is your friends list? Is it maxed out?

4) Are you livestreaming when this occurs?

5) How full is your HDD? 

6) How full is your share library? 

7) Does this problem persist regardless of completely shutting down your PS4 and turning it back on again? (not just entering rest mode)

Thanks for the additional info. We're working hard on this bug. 

1) No

2) No

3) 50ish

4) No

5) 3/4 full

6) Don't use the function.

7) Yes

People, as weird as it may sound, and because my crashes almost exclusively happened when i had problems with the chat box, not right after, sometimes hours later, I decided to disable time stamp.

Haven't had a crash ever since. Also, if your game loads upon login but the chat box does not, restart application until it loads.

Try this yourselves and tell me how it goes.

One more thing I forgot to mention, do you have "Report system Software Errors Automatically" turned ON under the PS4 systems settings? If you do, please turn it off and let me know if you can send a report to Sony when the bug happens (if you can, please send me a copy of the message that you send Sony). 

People, as weird as it may sound, and because my crashes almost exclusively happened when i had problems with the chat box, not right after, sometimes hours later, I decided to disable time stamp.

Haven't had a crash ever since. Also, if your game loads upon login but the chat box does not, restart application until it loads.

Try this yourselves and tell me how it goes.

Quoting for visibility. You can find this option under Options button>Options>Gameplay>Chat Message Timestamps

1) No, it's the same HDD from Sony.
2) No, no other application is open when it happens.
3) I have 33 friends total. Max allowed is 2000.
4) No, I don't livestream anything.
5) Storage space is 250.2 GB out of 407.0 GB available.
6) I don't have a shared library.
7) Yes. It's also the only game that it happens to.

I'm not running any torrents of any kind.
Rebuilding the database using Safe Mode, doesn't help.

Disabling time stamp, doesn't help.

hi everyone,  since the update 16 yesterday i have the problem of the game automatic shuts down or crash after doing a mission or leave a squad, anyone else has this problem, its not really a big deal i just start the game again, i'm sure they will fix it, bu someone have to report this right, i love this game its awesome hehe

Same thing was happening to me 3 days in a row. DE what is going on?