Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stumbled Across An Orokin Relic.

Eltyranto

Maybe some building that has somethign to do with that Orokin-prime interaction they talked about in Livestream today

This has been in game long before that.

Prime/Orokin interactions are going to be buffs and probably some appearance effects. Not much else about it, though.

I don't. If its true it could be Affecting lighting and physics renders, as well as other memory and CPU calculations. I'm curious why the tiles have 'junk' data on them if its not being displayed. I have not seen any of this myself but seen a couple threads talking about it. The only thing i can think of is mabie it's a skybox or something.

Could be .... but most games nowadays use occlusion culling such that things you cannot see are not rendered. Because of that fact, I would doubt it's a performance drain as well.

Corpus Outpost definitely has the most beautiful tiles. I hope we see many more like it... the new Orokin tilesets looks like they won't disappoint.

That particular tile... Man. My jaw literally (well, close enough) dropped when the doors opened and I saw... that. Cannot overstate how awesome it was.

Unfortunately, I still haven't found a way to climb to the top of that tile. :(

This is fantastic, I love the care that has been lavished on the graphics in this game. Given that it's often a headlong rush.. Well, "life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop to look around once in a while, you could miss it" :)

I don't. If its true it could be Affecting lighting and physics renders, as well as other memory and CPU calculations. I'm curious why the tiles have 'junk' data on them if its not being displayed. I have not seen any of this myself but seen a couple threads talking about it. The only thing i can think of is mabie it's a skybox or something.

Tiles and maps are pre-loaded before the game. However lightining effects and pretty much all other GPU heavy effects are removed when you are in another tile (or in some cases, it only applies effects to things in your field of view. But i don't think that the Evolution engine does this). This is pretty much optimization 101, and you can trust that Digital Extremes knows a little something about creating optimized engines.

CPU does not does calculations about pre-rendered and pre-loaded graphic elements when you're not interacting (read trying to collide) with it.

TL;DR This is not your GTA IV.

Man, the Orokin language is weird. And has several words that sound a lot like English for some reason.

So does the language they speak in movies from India. ^-^ (See: Singham)

Edited by Renan.Ruivo

That particular tile... Man. My jaw literally (well, close enough) dropped when the doors opened and I saw... that. Cannot overstate how awesome it was.

Unfortunately, I still haven't found a way to climb to the top of that tile. :(

If you do let me know so I can fix it. :p

Edited by Killerkarpfen