Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Omg Chromas New Helm! [Megathread]

XAvICoreZ

I certainly hope that the sea horse helmet is available as alt.

Before the anti side thought they would have to pay 75p "taste tax". Now the other side will have to pay the "taste tax".

It is a numbers game in the end, vote has been passed and DE made a decision. It kinda makes sense that the popular opinion would get their thing as a default helmet while the minority has to buy into it. Unrepresented playerbase doesn't get a voice because they are unrepresented, that's how things work.

It's not positive, it's not negative objectively. Neither side has a position of moral or intellectual superiority.

Bad arguments and insults were also used by both sides. Popular doesn't mean inherently bad and niche doesn't mean inherently good (and vice versa).

That's about it.

Edited by LocoWithGun

could have and should have!

obviously its their choice to buckle under the whiny kids.

They once stated that they would never re-design warframes, guess that is out of the window.

I dont dislike the new helmet, its just extremely generic.

The old one was fresh and original, exactly what warframe should be/is all about, look out outerworldly some of the designs look.

but no, lets buckle and for generic euro dragon because whiney kids only know that type, its bulls**t.

Why let yourself be let by the uncreative and ignorant, that does not make the world a better place at all.

Also it was not an ant-eater, more like a seahorse which is what they were going for so they hit the nail on the head:

• Chroma's default helmet resembles a seahorse. Many species of seahorses are known as "seadragons".
    • In certain languages, seahorses are also named in relation to "seadragons." For example, the Japanese term for seahorse is "tatsu no otoshigo" (竜の落とし子), literally meaning "illegitimate child of dragons".

Because when you work on something based heavily on an archetype, you are expected by the general population to adhere to a certain amount of convention. They hyped it up in Dev Streams with how they were heavily inspired by Chromatic Dragons in D&D. Not only are did they promise a Dragon, the promised a D&D Chromatic Dragon, which are extremely powerful and terrifying with claws and teeth and breath weapons of all elemental types. Then they deliver a real world sea creature that sucks it's food through a straw snout and spends all it's time pretending it's a piece of sea weed.

Here's the thing about the public and art. The public doesn't care about art or you pushing boundaries and being creative in ways they don't understand or accept. The public likes familiarity, it likes things that aren't too much different than what it already knows. I am currently working on a BFA, every teacher I have ever had has said the same basic thing. "If you want to make art the public doesn't understand or recognize, get a day job and do art as a hobby because you'll never make a living doing it unless you get extremely lucky and get a patron. If you want to make a living with these skills, you have to make what the public is willing buy, and the public hates things it doesn't understand or recognize. The only people that give a crap about what you're doing is the Academic Art world and they aren't the general public."

And so they delivered something too unfamiliar to the public. Not only was it too unfamiliar, it was thematically inappropriate. A Sea Dragon (real) isn't viscous and deadly looking, but soft and squishy and cute in a game about slaughtering your enemies.

I seriously hope that this helmet is an alt helm, and the original is his starter helm. It is cool looking, but does not fit as well as a Tenno dragon.

If the people that were whining about his "anteater seahorse" helmet can put that much effort into their complaints, then they can obviously put in the effort to get the helmet they want. And maybe, by some miracle, they just might actually start to appreciate how awesome his original helmet is if they are forced to use it for a bit.

I seriously hope that this helmet is an alt helm, and the original is his starter helm. It is cool looking, but does not fit as well as a Tenno dragon.

If the people that were whining about his "anteater seahorse" helmet can put that much effort into their complaints, then they can obviously put in the effort to get the helmet they want. And maybe, by some miracle, they just might actually start to appreciate how awesome his original helmet is if they are forced to use it for a bit.

http://gyazo.com/7978e8640e017f732e4bacb6c8bb6a6a

Welp, my hype just died significantly. Tail as a painfully obvious syandana and snout helm as an alt.

Kinda getting tired of these frames with their exclusive syandanas, this one really should have been part of the frame.

Edited by Aoden

0/10, he's still made out of melted twizzlers and still doesn't look like a Warframe. This is something that should be introduced as an Infested faction Assassin, not a playable Warframe. At the rate we're going, the next female frame up to be made will be an octopus pangolin made out of sponges and cheese whiz.

And the best part is, some of you will complain about 'whiners' when people say they don't like how it looks, as though we're obligated to buy or spend time building things we don't like.

They worked really hard putting those sponge tentacles that constantly clip through her body all over her neck and back, guys. The melting cheese arms are high art. Devs have to eat too you know. If you don't pay DE twenty bucks for the giant sponge tentacle scarf with it's special dripping cheese animation, you are literally the cancer that is killing the game.

0/10, he's still made out of melted twizzlers and still doesn't look like a Warframe. This is something that should be introduced as an Infested faction Assassin, not a playable Warframe. At the rate we're going, the next female frame up to be made will be an octopus pangolin made out of sponges and cheese whiz.

And the best part is, some of you will complain about 'whiners' when people say they don't like how it looks, as though we're obligated to buy or spend time building things we don't like.

They worked really hard putting those sponge tentacles that constantly clip through her body all over her neck and back, guys. The melting cheese arms are high art. Devs have to eat too you know. If you don't pay DE twenty bucks for the giant sponge tentacle scarf with it's special dripping cheese animation, you are literally the cancer that is killing the game.

At this rate you should stop playing this game.

Edited by Public_Stalker

actually he shares a lot of design similarities to Ash now, who also had melted twizzlers for arms before it was uncool.

I... don't think I like the new helmet. This may be due to the fact that I'm in class and the sanctuary page doesn't work properly on these computers, so I can't see it in 3d and that gif that people keep posting doesn't show enough angles, but from what I can currently see it looks like the "shape language" of the new helmet is ALL OVER THE PLACE. There's so much going on with it at once that it's hard to tell what parts go where or where the actual "face" of the helmet is and it kinda hurts my head to look at it. Another issue I have is that the red plates on the helmet don't seem to match the style of the ones on the frame itself, which makes it look really out of place.

The old helmet may have looked a tiny bit like a derpy seahorse but at least it matched up with the style of the frame.

At this rate you should stop playing this game.

And miss out on seeing you cry when people don't like tentacle cheese frame?

People aren't obligated to like the things you like. I honestly find it sad there's this many people crying over a helmet switch. If other people's opinions make you suffer that much, maybe you should stop playing the game and go do your homework or something.

HE IS PERFECT, THANK YOU DE <3 I LOVE YOU SO MUCH

I have sticked with this game since closed beta and I have no regretted a single second spent on the game...and they continue to amaze me more and more!

and all of this...for free! how can people complain for free updates!

Edited by Domaik