Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Omg Chromas New Helm! [Megathread]

XAvICoreZ

While I vastly prefer the new helmet, I think that it is kind of a $&*^ move to all those who liked the original as now they have to make sacrifices to RNGesus or pay plat. The most appropriate solution here would be to simply allow the players to chose which helmet they want when buying/building Chroma. Though it could hurt income. 

WOW the posts over this frame are amazing and bewildering at the same time.  You’d think this was the corvette forum talking about the C7. 

As a person that has played this game for hundreds of hours I would like to start by saying thank you to the DE for such a fun game.  I’ve wasted a ton of money on games that only lasted weeks or months before getting bored or pissed because I have to pay for more DLC.  You guys have rolled out update after update with more and more content…for free.  I can’t tell you how much I appreciate this, my wallet appreciates it, and my wife…she’s ecstatic cause it’s free (just don’t tell her about my prime purchases)

With regards to Chromas, it’s not my favorite looking frame, but it’s not the only one in that class either.  I’ll get it, I’ll play it, if I like it I’ll keep playing it.  If I don’t like it I’ve got other options and it’s the options and continued support as a player that I appreciate.

Thank you again and I look forward to my next addition.

Respectfully,

Vyger

I still do not see any resemblance with dragons.
Yes i know that DE needs to choose always the most extreme, most irrational things when it comes to frame designs, but it comes to me as a surprise and shock that they are actually able to screw up a no-brainer concept like "dragons".

If you simply have pulled a western dragon over the frame, everybody would be all over it, but no.
First you turn it into an ant eater, and now into an.... i guess absolutely and completely basic frame with zero relation to dragons.... because **** logic, we are DE.

I guess its my fault for lacking the required amount of comprehension.

Edited by Aerensiniac

WOW the posts over this frame are amazing and bewildering at the same time.  You’d think this was the corvette forum talking about the C7. 

As a person that has played this game for hundreds of hours I would like to start by saying thank you to the DE for such a fun game.  I’ve wasted a ton of money on games that only lasted weeks or months before getting bored or &!$$ed because I have to pay for more DLC.  You guys have rolled out update after update with more and more content…for free.  I can’t tell you how much I appreciate this, my wallet appreciates it, and my wife…she’s ecstatic cause it’s free (just don’t tell her about my prime purchases)

With regards to Chromas, it’s not my favorite looking frame, but it’s not the only one in that class either.  I’ll get it, I’ll play it, if I like it I’ll keep playing it.  If I don’t like it I’ve got other options and it’s the options and continued support as a player that I appreciate.

Thank you again and I look forward to my next addition.

Respectfully,

Vyger

There's an actualy Thnks DE thread if interest in reposting this post, that way it doesnt get buried in this megathread :)

Here ya go: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/420308-thank-you-de/page-3

also thnks for the support ! :D

Nope. Your post was after 5pm EST.

Yup I meant PST .

The new helmet looks really lackluster. I liked the original dragon-head one. It looks like a dumb beetle head now.

Just give it a try I'm sure you will learn to like it.(I'm sure you could still get the orignal helm that you liked so don't worry)

Edited by -Jack.Of.Blades-

I'm one of the small few (that now seems to be a large "few") that liked the original helmet design they had for Chroma. The infamous "anteater" helm.

While this one isn't bad, it doesn't remind me of a dragon any more than the first one did. Based on what I've read from all the new Chroma topics today, that doesn't even seem to matter. To some people it simply looks a lot better than the first one, so they don't care whether it reminds them of a dragon or not. They're just glad it "looks better."

But again, this one isn't bad, I just don't get "dragon" from it. The original, however, I did—moreso than this one. Either way, I'm looking forward to Chroma. 

I believe though, that the original helmet that we all saw was actually the alt helm & this "new" one was really the original. It's possible that DE thought the long snout helmet looked cooler so they premiered Chroma with that one instead.

I believe though, that the original helmet that we all saw was actually the alt helm & this "new" one was really the original. It's possible that DE thought the long snout helmet looked cooler so they premiered Chroma with that one instead.

Talk about a bait-and-switch. Really uncool DE......

Edited by DarkD3filer