Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Partial Reloads

link4355

I've actually wanted to see this for a long time in a shooter but think of this. You need to reload your snipetron, or other long reloading weapon, but you are knocked down just before your gun is loaded. It gets annoying that somehow the clip that was thrown out of your gun is now magically back in and you need to throw it out again and do the whole process of reloading. My suggestion is to have a reload system that the reload times are split into sections so if you happen to be knocked down by 3 shockwave moas halfway through your reload you can finish reloading your gun after running away.

Does this bother anyone else?

Thoughts?

Only makes sense for non-magazine type weapons. Ergo bolt action guns and shell fed shotguns. Always thought it annoying my strun didnt reload that way. Plus, most of the time when the reload meter reaches, oh, ~80% and you combat roll or whatever, it reloads anyway.

Edited by Tyrfalger

They have something similar to this already, which is one of the little things about this game that I appreciate. When you're pretty close to done with reloading but get interrupted your gun will still be reloaded (aka the clip didn't magically fly out).

Still, I think what you've suggested is a pretty good idea and should be implemented if possible, my only concern is that the animations might get a bit tricky (your reload gets interrupted when your hand was in the air, you start you reload again and BAM your hand flies up in the air without moving, if that makes any sense haha).

I mean this doesn't have to be implemented for the reloads that are really quick. Mainly I was thinking for the ones that seem to take a bit longer Like the snipetron, strun and lex(I cant remember if this one had a long reload time).