Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pistol Dps Comparison Help

Phoenix86

Question

So i have a lvl 30 Lex and AkBolto and i'd like to potato a sidearm soon

(maybe i'll wait update 8 to see if they buff/nerf any weapon)

Which one does more damage? (i dont mind about long range cause i always rush forward with my Rhino, therefore i always fight in the short-mid range)

Or is there a 3rd weapon that can out-DPS both (always in short-mid range) ?

Thx a lot everyone who will answer :)

15 answers to this question

Afruis will out DPS both simple because its an auto weapon but it does run out of ammo much quicker.  I like to use a Lexx because its very ammo efficient thought the DPS isn't great. Aim for the head and will often do enough damage to kill it in one unless its a heavy.  But I do have a potato on mine :)

Akbolto are amazing in my opinion. They do great damage but you have to farm for multishot. Only lvl multishot to 100% not max. Then max out hornet strike. Put frost mod in the polarity slot and max it. It will slow any enemies down so you can line up better shots if it doesn't kill it on the first hit. Bolt style weapons have innate armor piercing so you can save some points there and still take out heavies. Put some points into reload speed because they reload pretty slowly. The rest have elemental dmg mods that are lvled to fill up remaining points and switch them out depending on what enemy you will be facing. With that setup I do more damage than anything else I have tried.

Lex does great damage but akbolto will let you slaughter infested without stopping to reload all the time. After I got my akbolto setup i don't want or need to use any other weapon. I only switch sidearms for mastery lvls.

So at the moment looks like AkBolto > Lex, anyone wanna say something in Lex's favour?

PS: no problem at aiming at weakpoints and since i'm used to Boltor i'm pretty much used to the "bolt style projectiles pattern" too

Afruis will out DPS both simple because its an auto weapon but it does run out of ammo much quicker.  I like to use a Lexx because its very ammo efficient thought the DPS isn't great. Aim for the head and will often do enough damage to kill it in one unless its a heavy.  But I do have a potato on mine :)

Borrowed from warframe wiki.

• cracks fingers* time to calculate the DPS. 

By the way "Fully modded" doesn't matter, because AFuris and AKBolto have the same mod type therefor they apply to both weapons equally. 

• NOTE - Reload time taken in consideration

AFuris - 150,77 DPS

AKBolto -  203,15 DPS

Wait .. What? Wtf? Is that reload time even correct? 1.5 sec? 

AKbolto

30/13.7 = 2.19 (how fast you deplete whole mag) 

2.19 + 1.5 = 3,69 (time for whole cycle) for Afuris it was 6,5 seconds because of bigger mag and bigger reload. 

25*30 = 750 (Damage on whole mag, basically on full cycle) for Afuris it's 980 because of much bigger mag, but smaller damage

Wow.. So not only Akbolto has bigger DPS, but it also ignores armor O_O

750 / 3.69 = 203.25 DPS (Akbolto) - Reload 1.5 | Ammo depletion 2.19s

980 / 6.50 = 150.77 DPS (Afuris)   - Reload 3.0 | Ammo depletion 3.5s

My primaries are: Boltor - Braton - Hek (leveling it now)

As i said range is not a problem cause i always go to face tank all foes and, if i ever need to fight at long range, i'd change my primary equipping Braton, rather than changing my sidearm, so dont bother about the range issue cause i will change my primary accordingly.

My need is to have a powerful sidearm in close-mid range combats

Edited by Phoenix86

Powerful sidearm for close-midrange? Kraken. 90 base damage per trigger pull (2-shot burst), and Gunslinger and Quickdraw mitigate its downsides. I have mine at lvl 29 potatoed at I solo bosses with it. If you don't mind the burst I'd recommend it, and if you get the hang of it you can even kill two enemies with one tap, making the second bullet hit another target.

My go-to loadout now is lvl 30 Braton, Kraken and lvl 27 Skana Prime.

Edited by Tulzscha

I own a Lex too, it does have its niche for long range situations. I find that the Lex does poorly (for me anyway) at short-mid range because of the 6 round clip, excruciatingly slow fire rate and the massive kick from the recoil tilting your screen up. That, and I don't like slow firing weapons in general. All about what you feel fits the role best, for the one you specified it's the Kraken IMO.

i'm use Lato Vandal and Lex, both with potato. I didn't try bolt weapons yet, but as far as i know, Lex is a raping machine. Max gunslinger and you're good to go. The reload is pretty nasty, but modded it does just fine. Close range? I one shot everything even at high levels even with infested chasing me. 

I say you wait for the update, there should be a blue potato alert until then, and you can potato both if you like them. 

Borrowed from warframe wiki.

• cracks fingers* time to calculate the DPS. 

By the way "Fully modded" doesn't matter, because AFuris and AKBolto have the same mod type therefor they apply to both weapons equally. 

• NOTE - Reload time taken in consideration

AFuris - 150,77 DPS

AKBolto -  203,15 DPS

Wait .. What? Wtf? Is that reload time even correct? 1.5 sec? 

AKbolto

30/13.7 = 2.19 (how fast you deplete whole mag) 

2.19 + 1.5 = 3,69 (time for whole cycle) for Afuris it was 6,5 seconds because of bigger mag and bigger reload. 

25*30 = 750 (Damage on whole mag, basically on full cycle) for Afuris it's 980 because of much bigger mag, but smaller damage

Wow.. So not only Akbolto has bigger DPS, but it also ignores armor O_O

This is outdated. The fire rate of Akbolto isn't 13.7 any more and the reload speed isn't 1.5 secs either.

Reload on Afuris is 2.7 seconds, not 3.

Sry to say, but both numbers are wrong.

With the right numbers the DPS values are 138 (Akbolto) and 160 (Afuris).

So at the moment looks like AkBolto > Lex, anyone wanna say something in Lex's favour?

You say you want a gun for short-medium range, so the Lex will definitely not be the weapon of choice.

Akbolto is practically the best way to go at that range because it features high DPS, reliable damage and good ammo efficiency.

Edited by Tyrian3k

Not sure where you're getting numbers from. From the wiki;

Sustained DPS with reload;

980/6.2 = 158.06 DPS (Afuris) - Reload 2.7 sec | Ammo depletion 2.5 sec

448/3.02 = 148.34 DPS (Twin Vipers) - Reload 1.9 sec | Ammo Depletion 1.12 sec

750/5.5 = 136.36 DPS (Akbolto) - Reload 2.5 sec | Ammo depletion 3 sec

But:

Burst DPS w/o Reload:

16 * 25 = 400 DWS (Twin Vipers) - 16 dmg/bullet | 25 bullets/sec

14 * 20 = 280 DWS (Afuris) - 14 dmg/bullet | 20 bullets/sec

25 * 10 = 250 DWS (Akbolto) - 25 dmg/bullet | 10 bullets/sec

And in practical use the Akbolto has an even worse fire rate due to the clicking cap and problems establishing the ideal click rate.

The incredible burst DPS of the Twin Vipers imo makes it far more useful than the slightly higher sustained DPS of the Afuris.

Edit: Should'a refreshed the page >.<

Edited by Darzk

i dont like particulary full auto pistols but i'll keep those info in consideration,

i'd prefer a less "ammo eater" weapon so, for now, AkBolto still winning for me

Let's just say it like this: You can't go wrong by taking an Akbolto. Especially not at the ranges you want to use it at.