DE_Adam

Warframe: Sanctuary

Stealth nerf to synoid Gammacor...

Base damage change

210 -> 28....

Patch notes for it all wrong

Base magazine increased to 150 from 75, not decreased. Ammo consumed IS 7.5x times higher. You burn through 150 ammo in 1.2 seconds of holding down fire button.

But that nerf to the damage was massive. It now does less damage than the regular gammacor. No point to even using the weapon anymore at all.

They may as well have just removed it from the game if that's true.

i didnt see the changes to Kubrows or the change to the color template on the list of changes

not complaining about them, just mentioning there not on the list

Haa, some people are blind. The S Gammacor base damage may have been reduced, but the fire rate has been increased accordingly, so the DPS is the same. The only factor that has really changed is the ammo consumption, like the patch notes says. Also, the magazine has been increased, not decreased.

Edited by -BM-StormVanguard
  • Upvote 4

Haa, some people are blind. The S Gammacor base damage may have been reduced, but the fire rate has been increased accordingly, so the DPS is the same. The only factor that has really changed is the ammo consumption, like the patch notes says. Also, the magazine has been increased, not decreased.

So why aren't those changes in the notes?

kind've disappointed that Stealth XP is much lower now. i actually liked it as a viable alternative to mapwiping a billion Enemies to get XP.

being Stealthy is a lot more interesting than just mashing AoE Blasts every couple seconds while i read a book.

:/

odd that Synoid Gammacor has a larger Magazine now, when the Changelog said it was reduced.

there's some other outliers that are awaiting a weakness to balance them as well. i guess we'll just keep patiently waiting for those too.

-snip-

please learn to math.

210 * 2 == 420

28 * 15 == 420

it's identical Damage.

it just consumes a lot of Ammunition now. i.e. has a weakness to balance it.

• Upvote 3

Well. The synoid went from the best to the worst(?) syndicate weapon, considering the neccesity of ammo mutation. The burst dps has dropped around 5k, and the sustained dps has dropped around 12k. (Numbers from a rough calculation, general approximates using my particular build). It's now outperformed by the rakta ballisitca, the secura dual cestras, the vaykor marelok, and the telos akbolto in both types of dps (with cloned builds, not even optimizing for each weapons' property) . Sancti castanas are a different type of weapon, so I'm not really comparing that one. Though if you really want, you can say the gammacor outdpses the sancti castanas in continuous fire.

If you're willing to drop a ammo restore every 19 seconds, it only suffers a mild hit to sustained dps though.

Now, I understand nerfing the gammacor to a reasonable level. But this is a little harsh. It's now about as useless as pre-nerf rakta ballistica (comparatively), being straight-up inferior to every other comparable syndicate weapon.

Edited by Nadir042
  • Upvote 2

Apparently these are the real patch notes..

Ammo capacity changed from 375 to 450
Magazine size from 75 to 150
Fire rate to 15 from 5 with increased ammo consumption
Base damage deceased from 210 to 28
Went from silent weapon to alarming weapon

• Upvote 1

Basically, nothing that was shown in U16 teaser(parkour, new enemies) got to actual U16.

• Upvote 3

Basically, nothing that was shown in U16 teaser(parkour, new enemies) got to actual U16.

wasnt shown under U16, that teaser is called tomb of the sentiments, this update is called sanctuary
  • Upvote 1

Mag's new augment mod really should have been a base ability, really. And man, those corpus bosses are never coming, are they?

Wrong since magazine size was not increased by 7.5x the dps drops dramatically. It means you have to reload much more often so that means sustained dps drops from having to spend 2 secobds reloading much more often. Also if you wish to shoot more than 15 enemies dead after reloading you need either an ammo mutation mod, which lowers dps considerably, or team ammo restores which slow down your movement.

Edited by CheckYourSix
  • Upvote 2

Yay for Chroma! But i feel bad for Gammacor Synoid. ;/

By the way. Where is Sentients?

• Upvote 1

• Syndicates no longer require multiple sacrifices if players drop from a higher tier to a lower one.  Players will only need to make one sacrifice ever when moving between tiers.

Does this mean that once a sacrifice has been made, you can freely move up/down in tiers? I'd like some clarification :)

"Update failed!

Some content updates could not be downloaded from our servers. 

Please restart Warframe to try again.

The update will be restarted shortly.."

Edited by DarkLordX2

(On mobile so can't see if this is quoting or not)

@lucastith04

Or you could just play his Quest...and unlock him yourself?...for free?

WHY NOT GIVE THE NEW GUY FOR FREE...

its disapointing and no one barlly has that much plat

He is for free, you do the quest to get him...