Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

balance for the old weapons

AMACOMX

i like the new whole bunch of weapons but the old weapons are not anymore balanced

bo is still cool but its damage is low

deul skana have good damage but very low rate of fire for duel wield small swords

furax are ok but their rate of fire is also low

i suggest rate of 2.0 for both of them and the variance would be charge speed vs slashing/hitting

i dont agree Remn ... its true that duel skana can do multiple damage at the same time but i can do that with my heat sword using the high rate and unfairly lay more damage than the deul skana

and i add the braton is totaly better than the mk1-braton as it does more damage and even have more rate of fire

Weapons are being balanced around "unique" attributes akin to the weapon/type. Quite literally, what Remn said. He is spot on and each weapon listed are on the same level of power as one another for those reasons. Most melee weapons are single target, dual Skana can hit 3(!) which vs the infested is a HUGE deal compared to other melee weapons. Bo staff has indeed longer range which can allow some kiting vs either the infested/Loki disarmed units/charging grineer/corpus melee units. It also has very good knock back/up. I also LOVE the Furax. I've used them the most and they are nearing level 22. They ignore armor and have a much higher charge damage than some other weapons. They also have a very large AOE for the ground slam. It seems I've just expounded on Remn's thoughts but I mean, really, they are all very viable/strong picks that are different from each other in their own ways(What I've talked about)

So I typed out a long reply basically expounding on Remns thoughts. Went back to edit and accidentally deleted it..... So In short, What Remn said is accurate. They are all strong/viable for their own unique attributes and not to be mistaken as "underpowered". This is a game that is going to be almost like dungeon crawling and farming for blueprints/materials as well as mods. The weapons like Heat sword and other craftable melee weapons are going to be on the stronger side and may be direct upgrades to purchasable starting weapons and that is perfectly fine. The best weapons in the game are the ones you're going to have to hunt and farm for.