Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Don't Like Spy 2.0

Lancars

OH COOL THE MAIN FLOOR OF THE LAST ROOM WAS JUST TRIP LASERS! YEA I"M EXPECTED TO DO THAT WHEN ITS A SOLID SHEET OF DETECTION! GG DE! Spy 2.0 SUCKS.

there is a panel right as soon as you walking the room to disable those lasers. DE might want to make it more noticeable that the panel is right there.

One thing about Spy 2.0 that is perhaps a tad unnecessarily unforgiving is that some of the laser traps require real pin-point precision in order to navigate, which can be hard to do in group Spy missions. When I'm showing my friends the ropes on the Corpus spy, those moving lasers over the doors that require you to jump over or slide under them keep getting triggered since he can't get the timings due to lag. If there were a slightly bigger window to do those, it would mean a huge difference for good players who want to play with friends.

Apart from the one above quirk I found no problems with the Corpus Missions. They're all fun for the most part.

The Grineer ones are the ones that are less fun. Some, like the one where you have to raise the two platforms to get across that long abyss, aren't challenging at all and are just there to force me to grind bad Grineer locks. The one with the conveyor belt is also not fun at all because of all the hazards put into the only way in. I prefer more ways through a vault, so my friend and I can take two separate paths and both end up at the door at the same time laughing over who has to do the final lock.

problem being is i've been Alt f4ing every little mess up. i accidently hit the hack console trying to do things and it counted as a caught after getting a and b so now i have to do it again and again.

One time i was wall running with full stamina and 1/4 the way over the wall i started to dip down like when you run out of stam and i still had 75% of my stamina so there was a mess up.

Then as i was doing another one a MOA spawned into the room suddenly as i was at the console and it alerted the place so mess up after mess up.

That's a little extreme. It isn't an instant fail. You have 30 seconds or so to get to the hack room and hack it. Build ciphers if you're having such an issue. That should help. And uh, stop alt f4ing. You have options! Alt f4 isn't the answer! 

The problem is you need to oneshot the drone, and even with the "mighty" Synoid you don't do that sometimes. So i just melee them with my Orthos prime. I started using OP only recently, because jump + melee is sort of super jump, so even the laser walls on the conveyor belts are not hard. And there is absolute no problem to train on low level planets, and slowly progress toward the more difficult ones. Preferably in solo, so no public noob trips the alarm.

Bows and snipers with hush do plenty of damage to the drones. Don't need to melee them and risk being spotted. Other than that I agreee.

i love spy 2.0, it's probably the best mission type overhaul so far

i wish they'd add more vault types so there's more than 3 and they are randomly rotated each time you run a mission, and more variety in each vault type regarding all the traps, scanner paths etc, cause after two or three runs you kinda get which way is the fastest and it gets repetitive

i dont understand people that take lokis and novas for these missions, you end up saving like what, 10-20 sec per vault?

as far as hacking time goes - there's this mod called intruder, maybe you've heard of it

I never liked the new system where it seems to easy to screw up and hit a laser. I try to time sliding through lasers that go up and down but my hitbox still hits it and bam trips the line or some areas have to many lasers to the point of not being able to cross them and i have to cheese it with something like loki's clone but even then it shoots its load gun and alerts everyone.

I want to have fun not have to be all mission impossible sneaky.

After i'm done with these quests i am NEVER touching Spy 2.0 ever again. I'd rather have the stalker come after me every mission i do then be forced to do this again.

If you need help with the missions and/or want to get to know them a bit better I can always give you a tour or two:) Just add me ingame and I'll take you around on them.

This should have been fixed in U16, is it still occurring?

Last time I checked, yes.

Will confirm right now.

EDIT: Fortunately I seemed to have been remembering incorrectly. The bug seems to be fixed, though I still wonder if it randomly occurs.

Edited by ArmyUnit

I have recently found joy in beating Grineer vaults with my Frost Prime.

To all who don't like them... rush them. Take a strong frame that resists cc (looking at you, Rhino Prime), run in a straight line, don't stop for anything, copter all you can, and cypher every security check - no matter how difficult. You'll do all of them in a breeze.

I eagerly await for the promised 6 new tiles!

Personally, I find the Spy missions to be fun and extraordinarily rewarding, after going through one run without triggering a single alarm. though I will admit that my first time through, I found it frustrating, as I couldn't one shot the Grineer Regulators,which triggered an alarm, and I was unable to find my way through the map to get to the  console, failing the mission.  After some trial and error, I found my way around, and playing as a Loki, used decoy, invisibility, and switch teleport to solve all my problems. Grineer regulator in the way?  Use invisibility.  Or crouch.  Crouching works for some reason.  Grineer laser grids that cover the whole floor are deactivated via consoles.  Corpus parkour challenge w/ laser grids? Decoy and Switch Teleport.  Orange grineer laser field thing blocking the door? Decoy and Switch Teleport.

To Devs: My main complaints'd be the maps being confusing if it's your first run through, (maybe give some hints or something), and more spy maps.  

Maybe put a tutorial for spy missions to show new players the ropes, and tell players that they can CROUCH to avoid the sight of grineer regulators? 

This should have been fixed in U16, is it still occurring?

For me at least, yes. Screenshots :

http://i19.servimg.com/u/f19/11/36/08/24/warfra11.jpg

http://i19.servimg.com/u/f19/11/36/08/24/warfra12.jpg

http://i19.servimg.com/u/f19/11/36/08/24/warfra13.jpg

As you can see, only the middle barrier is showing for me. Until I have understood what's happening, I kept crashing into invisible barriers and triggering alarms. I seriously belevied for a couple of days that the big grineers balls conveyed were explosives/mines. Now I know how to pass through, but without the visual indices, getting the right timing is reaaaally hard.

Edited by Irshadan

One I don't like is the grinner with the conveyor belt. The one you run up I can't figure out what is actually hitting me. I Dodge the mines and there is no field in sight.

This conveyor?

It's the jumping through the beams specifically I don't like.

However, sometimes the belt is the only way, and you to time it going through the fields and then "jump" between the beams at the top.

And these lasers?

Funnily enough, it's not that one that's been giving me trouble, it's the other two. Also, the statement "You should make sure to shoot the drone through the energy door" is wrong, killing the scanner drones trip the alarms instantly.

Nope.

P.S. All recorded on Hapke (Ceres)

Edited by Bouldershoulder

How 2 Spy 2.0:

Bring Ciphers. Bring a weapon that lets you forward jump attack a long distance.

Spy 2.0 is no longer difficult. Rush it, crack it with ciphers. Unless there's a stealther in my squad, that's exactly what I do. :P

The problem with Spy 2.0 (and to an extent Rescue 2.0) is mostly that they introduced it before Parkour 2.0 and Stealth 2.0.

The tools we have to complete those missions are very limited, usually to only abilities that make us invisible. Stealthing missions without invisibility or the like is really a pain.

Regarding the conveyor belt mission (Discaimer: I haven't played it in a while.):

The most annoying thing is that you can barely see the obstacles on the belt because of the energy barriers and you also stick too much to them and often can't get away from one.

trying to stealth unless you are playing loki really sucks, so yeah, i would say they are pretty awful.

if you play loki they are fairly easy and you get a pretty nice affinity bonus for completing them without setting off the alarms.

for everyone else they are like "ok make a stack of ciphers and hope you can beat the timers!"  

Still reading this, but wanted to chip in:

I'm liking Spy 2.0.

Yes, there is a limited variety of vaults, so you get familiar with them.

So? I mean, that'll still be the case even if there are 50 different vaults, it'll just take a bit longer.

There are different types of challenge.

Spy 2.0 cannot be a 'mystery' after the first few runs. Same as any static puzzle, really.

Heck, same as any raid.

What Spy 2.0 should aim for, imo, (and does, now) is execution challenge.

Yes, you know the vault and the routes. Now, how will you handle these mutators monkeywrenches thrown into your path?

Also, can you pull off the maneuvers required?

idk about anyone else, but I find the Grineer vaults a lot harder, technically, to complete.

They require much more of the player, as far as mobility/fine control goes.

(And yes, I'm anxiously awaiting Movement 2.0.)

tl;dr - Keep up the good work.

P.S.

I loathe the laser-corridor Corpus vault when playing as anything other than Loki.

Switch Teleport ftw. :3

Also, the wallrun -> laser grid -> hole in ceiling Grineer vault is a pain. :/

On the other hand, glad to see you tilemakers taking Directional Melee into consideration when making tiles now.

It really makes some of the older 'secrets' way too easy to access.