Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Don't Like Spy 2.0

Lancars

Do you know that you can create another path by shooting explosive barrels on the left?(behind the broken fan that cannot "break")

You can shoot the barrels without worrying about making gunfire sound.

I hadn't noticed/seen that you could blow up barrels.  I think I whacked that fan a few times and moved on.

The problem is you need to oneshot the drone, and even with the "mighty" Synoid you don't do that sometimes. So i just melee them with my Orthos prime. I started using OP only recently, because jump + melee is sort of super jump, so even the laser walls on the conveyor belts are not hard. And there is absolute no problem to train on low level planets, and slowly progress toward the more difficult ones. Preferably in solo, so no public noob trips the alarm.

I have one shotted it with the Vectis with the 100% silence mod, and with bows, and each time it has set off the alarms. Tested 5 times. So I don't know if it's just a bug at my end but, yeah. Invisibility abilities are the only way past for me.

Edited by (PS4)Pharen

I have one shotted it with the Vectis with the 100% silence mod, and with bows, and each time it has set off the alarms. Tested 5 times. So I don't know if it's just a bug at my end but, yeah. Invisibility abilities are the only way past for me.

just don't bloody walk infront of it and don't be stupid. you don't need to kill it.

Parkour definitely need a big rework before Spy 2.0 can really be fun. It's just way too fidgety right now, what with the wall launching, profligate rolling, and odd "sticky" behavior. I barely ever get through the "moving laser beam" vault without having to resort to switch teleport/wormhole cheese because that last moving laser barrier is exceedingly tricky to navigate. Granted I don't use directional air melee because I'm usually just leveling a single gun, but having to rely on swinging around a giant sword to stealthy infiltrate a vault is kind of... weird, not to mention illogical physics-wise.

Some amount of randomization would be really good as well, in particular on the Corpus vaults. The one where it's nothing but a grid of rooms, air vents, hackable doors, lasers, and cameras seem tailor-made for randomization.

just don't bloody walk infront of it and don't be stupid. you don't need to kill it.

That's not the point here. Your statements is not helping anyone. The scanner can see you through the corners of most walls. And no one is stupid enough to walk in front of it.

The other big problem I have with the grineer one is that it is not clear where you're going or what you're supposed to be doing. The tiles need to be updated to give some kind of hints as to what you're supposed to do. The corpus ones were done well. I figured out how to do them straight away and passed them undetected. You should never need to look up a walkthrough to do a mission, well maybe in the raids, but that's different.

That's not the point here. Your statements is not helping anyone. The scanner can see you through the corners of most walls. And no one is stupid enough to walk in front of it.

bullS#&$. 

record a video of being detected while crouching behind the wall and then report it as bug if it really take place and you are not lying. because for me and dozens other people it works just fine.

to get spoted by drones on spy 2.0 grineer sets you need to be stupid beyond any recognition.

they have FOV represented by yellow lasers.

their momevent is fixed and not random.

they stand and wait for you to hack consoles.

i seriously need to see how you manage to mess it up, because i can't imagine it.

Edited by -Solid_Snake

Spy 2.0 is just not fun. Doesn't matter if they're hard or not or that people need to "git good", the mode simply sucks (if only because the only decent way to do them is either with a premade or solo) and aside from the times where I am forced into doing them I simply will avoid the mission type (good thing I completed the starmap a looooong time ago).

I absolutely hate Spy 2.0. Shoving stealth down our throats is a bad idea when stealth is currently broken and unenjoyable with no fix in sight, and the acrobatics, while fun in actual combat missions, isn't precise enough for dodging the lasers in Corpus spy missions. Plus, if this "2.0" trend continues, then we might see other perfectly fine missions unnecessarily mutilated with forced stealth. Exterminate 2.0, defense 2.0, sabotage 2.0, etc. It's sickening just thinking about it.

Too bad I have to trudge through these rage-inducing missions to finish Stolen Dreams just to get another quest in which I can get Chroma. If I ever actually manage to finish Stolen Dreams, I will never touch Spy again.

Also, this "git good" feedback is /v/-tier game discussion.

Spy 2.0 is just not fun. Doesn't matter if they're hard or not or that people need to "git good", the mode simply sucks (if only because the only decent way to do them is either with a premade or solo) and aside from the times where I am forced into doing them I simply will avoid the mission type (good thing I completed the starmap a looooong time ago).

I absolutely hate Spy 2.0. Shoving stealth down our throats is a bad idea when stealth is currently broken and unenjoyable with no fix in sight, and the acrobatics, while fun in actual combat missions, isn't precise enough for dodging the lasers in Corpus spy missions. Plus, if this "2.0" trend continues, then we might see other perfectly fine missions unnecessarily mutilated with forced stealth. Exterminate 2.0, defense 2.0, sabotage 2.0, etc. It's sickening just thinking about it.

Too bad I have to trudge through these rage-inducing missions to finish Stolen Dreams just to get another quest in which I can get Chroma. If I ever actually manage to finish Stolen Dreams, I will never touch Spy again.

Also, this "git good" feedback is /v/-tier game discussion.

All of this. While I can do spy 2.0 now, (both factions), even though I had to look up a walkthrough of how to do the grineer ones. It pretty much forces you into single frame solutions.

You want to do corpus? take something with a teleport ability (loki or nova), you want to do grineer, take something with invis (loki or ash), why? because those are the only frames that will not suffer through those missions with the challenges and paths layed out in them.

I just know those missions will be nightmarish if DE decide to allow the scanners to detect invisible players in grineer missions, or if they block the teleports in corpus missions.

All of this. While I can do spy 2.0 now, (both factions), even though I had to look up a walkthrough of how to do the grineer ones.

what?! grineer are the easiest ones.

It pretty much forces you into single frame solutions.

no, it doesn't. you can complete any spy 2.0 with any  frame and any loadout without using invisibility.

You want to do corpus? take something with a teleport ability (loki or nova), you want to do grineer, take something with invis (loki or ash), why? because those are the only frames that will not suffer through those missions with the challenges and paths layed out in them.

bloody hell, grineer are the easiest ones. just shoot barrel on left and walk up.

I just know those missions will be nightmarish if DE decide to allow the scanners to detect invisible players in grineer missions, or if they block the teleports in corpus missions.

because you can do it with any bloody frame. and any bloody weapon. all you really need to make it easymode is bow or glaive to go the easiest routes.

you don't need invisibility or any specific warframe to complete spy 2.0

i was going to do corpus no glaive (meaning no throw weapons) but i guess i can change it to grineer.

pick any mission from spy 2.0 rotation and i will record how to complete it.

Edited by -Solid_Snake

you don't need invisibility or any specific warframe to complete spy 2.0

-snip-

okay MR. MLGpro720noscope. I have clearly explained my reasoning and all you want to do is talk yourself up. Go find another thread to post your biased opinions, this is not one for you. Edited by (PS4)Pharen

Some good feedback in this thread so far, please keep it constructive.

You might be relieved to hear that vault difficulty was lowered in the Stolen Dreams quest missions as of 16.0.4, which means longer alarm timers and less traps in those missions. Some vaults had extra time added, affecting all missions.

We love screenshots, if you feel like posting some of vault situations that bug you the most, please do.  I'm also interested to know which mission nodes you're struggling with, since timers and environmental elements scale alongside enemy levels.

I farmed through about 50 Spy missions to get Volcanic Edge, I'm done with Spy, unless it shows up in a future quest.

The thing I really don't like, is on the higher difficulty planets, you have to go hacking all the way, no vents, or fun passages, just walking up to a door, pressing the same button a few times, retrieve Data, rinse, repeat. IMO it should be the opposite, still have more lasers and whatnot on highest difficulty, but at least give us the option to have fun with it. 

I like the new spy 2.0... i just have 2 problems with it....

1.) In some grineer missions there appears to be invisible energy walls... i think this is a bug especially on the conveyor belt one

2.) I think the teamwork doors should be removed.I like when everyone can go their own way and not have to wait on someone else to come open doors.

Other than that i think its perfect

You guys don't like Spy 2.0?

I don't share the same opinion as you, but I understand. However,don't forget that it's fresh and still need some work!!

There should be more rooms, more variations,etc...

It involves another thing that the playstyle you use in defense missions... Without "forcing" you to do it with Stealth.

You can rush it! You even get a challenge for doing so : a timer. You'd like to do it as fast as possible,then okay, do it quickly.

Most of the people who complain about this gamemode here are unhappy because of other concepts that rely on Spy 2.0 :

- We need better moves to bypass lasers,traps & other stuff(I see hitbox,sticky wallrun feedback) = you guys want better Parkour. Parkour 2.0

- We need better Stealth mechanics. Stealth 2.0

Spy 2.0 involves a few fundamental things that also need some work.

Spy 2.0 is not hard, you just need to be careful and patient. You can take the easy way with Loki but all frames can do it. I just did it with Mesa and Valkyr. 

But I had to admit that the grineer spy is a bit more challenging, lol.

Precisely. It's the opposite of what you're "usually" doing in Warframe farming habits!

Killing hundreds & thousands of enemies gets boring fast for me. It should have more variety.

Just like you guys who find Spy 2.0 boring. It should have more variety.

Snake is a bit harsh, but we both can do any spy room with any frame without being Loki/Ash/Nova...

I prefer this one over the old one!

The movement in Warframe needs work.  The mission is fine.

This. For the most part the vaults seem pretty solid save for occasional invisible barrier glitch, it's my own Warframe rolling into laser fences and getting caught on every feasible little object on the floor that ends up screwing me over whenever I do mess up. Movement and parkour are still in desperate need of more control and finesse.