Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Compatibility Of Parkour With Current Level Design.

Sigamor

So far I love the game. The combat flows well, melee and ranged combat flow together seamlessly etc.

The sliding function works brilliantly. However the lack of flat surfaces makes it difficult to utilise the wall-running in any effective manner. The few places where there are free walls (e.g. the infested level in the mercury system) it comes in amazingly helpful. My suggestion would be to either have a way of navigating over the boxes and whatnot that interupt the motion or just creating more empty wall space.

Yeah, I feel like everything is traversalable. I'm finding fun ways to cover distance and discover short cuts. There is no real reason to implement plain walls and such. It would only take away from the game instead of add to it.

So far I love the game. The combat flows well, melee and ranged combat flow together seamlessly etc.

The sliding function works brilliantly. However the lack of flat surfaces makes it difficult to utilise the wall-running in any effective manner. The few places where there are free walls (e.g. the infested level in the mercury system) it comes in amazingly helpful. My suggestion would be to either have a way of navigating over the boxes and whatnot that interupt the motion or just creating more empty wall space.

I agree with you, and also... with such a beautifully made game, i'd love to see more parkour overall in the game. I even suggested parkour specific bosses once.

The main problem at hand is that first the movement/control gameplay should be addressed and fixed. Sometimes i just want to rage quit the mission when i fall 3 times in a row because instead of jumping my character decides to take a dive/roll. Or when you are in uneven terrain and the jump just bugs out............

Also, the bug/exploit of the "dragon kick" should be fixed too. As it is now.... i feel great when i do a triple or quad side-wallrun and end it with some aerial kill or something. But truth be told, exploiting that melee bug makes parkour meaningless... as i can make a ridiculous propelling jump and cover the distance faster than with parkour.... it's an idiotic bug really.

A lot of rock walls and objects/crates are runnable, y'know. Not just the flat wall with wear marks.

I am well aware of this. However I often find it difficult to utilise these in any effective manner. Especially cave walls, due to their curving nature getting on them can be finicky while in combat and getting anywhere is a bit awkward considering there are no other surfaces nearby in most caves. I am by no means saying the parkour system doesn't work, I just think it is difficult to use in high tempo situations.

I am well aware of this. However I often find it difficult to utilise these in any effective manner. Especially cave walls, due to their curving nature getting on them can be finicky while in combat and getting anywhere is a bit awkward considering there are no other surfaces nearby in most caves. I am by no means saying the parkour system doesn't work, I just think it is difficult to use in high tempo situations.

Ah, I think I understand what you mean now.

I think of it more towards getting from A to B instead of an actual combat maneuver since it's impossible to flank the Ai anyways.