Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cant Do Stealth Kills Because Kubrow And Sentinels Start Attacking

Bouldershoulder

When there are multiple targets nearby, if I stealth-kill someone, kubrow rushes to the other and starts attacking it, alarming everyone around. And the sentinels just do a control shot to the head of the target I had stealth-killed, also alarming everyone, afterwards it just starts shooting everything on sight so I can't even approach silently. This should not be.

Either equip Shade, who doesn't attack unless you get attacked, or use the Sentinel of your liking but take away their attack precept (Carrier and Helios are good choices, since they can still do their jobs without alerting anyone).

Putting Hush or Suppress on your Sentinel's gun is also good for stealth.

The thing is that Huras' detection range is greatly wider than that of the Shade. If I will not use a stealth pet for stealth gameplay, what's the point to even keep it? Be logical, people. This is a problem and it needs to be fixed, not substituted by other playstyles.

And speaking about sentinels. I want it to shoot when I'm engaged in combat, but I want it not to shoot when I do stealth kills. If I take its gun off, I'm striping myself of an auto aiming mass dps machine.

Edited by Bouldershoulder

This interaction can be extended to scanners. 

Stealth-scanning is impossible, as soon as you start scanning your kubrow will go aggressive and attack. 

Usually the target that you are trying to scan is killed before you complete the scan. 

I'm not calling this game-breaking, but I would like my kubrow/sentinel to follow the correct AI code when in stealth. 

I recall a patch where was introduced "companions will not attack if you are undetected". 

Apparently there is now a new code that states "your companion will attack if you press the E or left mouse button" 

Personally I have no idea if this was an intended change or that we should just abandon companions if we want stealth now.

Yup, was going to post the same thing.

Additionally, my Sahasa Kubrow no longer seems to properly apply Loki Invisibility at all. As soon as i enter a room fully invisible, all grineer just open fire on my kubrow, as if it wasn't stealthed, which in return prompts the Kubrow to go off on a murder spree.

Also it's VERY unhandy that Kubrows RECKLESSLY destroy any Simarus/Sanctuary Capture Targets even if you've already lifted them into the air with a trap and again even if you just attempt a single Simaris Scan WHILE INVISIBLE, they go off like crazy, making it impossible to ever complete a hunt if even a single Kubrow is on the team because they will keep attacking any target, even breaking them out of a kinetic trap and making scanning impossible by shaking them around, until they die and i have an angry Simaris shouting at me.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'll necro it again then. Bug still not fixed.

Also this:

Additionally, my Sahasa Kubrow no longer seems to properly apply Loki Invisibility at all. As soon as i enter a room fully invisible, all grineer just open fire on my kubrow, as if it wasn't stealthed, which in return prompts the Kubrow to go off on a murder spree.