Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just Some Saryn Feedback

Bubsters

So far been liking this frame, but there's just a bit of things that bug me. I want to have the incentive to use venom and contangion.

I think her 3 should apply to all her weapons. I'm currently running 150% ish redirection shield and I always come out with barely any shield left. So If this could apply to all her weapons with less damage on her ranged, it'd be great.

I'd also like to suggest that her 1 blow up on contact and have some upfront damage with less persistent effect. I'm currently running 15% power damage and full rank in venom and an hmg. As venom is now, it's not really worth the energy to use it on one mob or even a heavy because getting the splash damage/ multiplying effect is extremely hard to proc off weak enemies and the damage is lacking on heavy enemies even when stacked. (unless it's the boss ofc then its easy to use) If I can barely kill a heavy grineer/corpus unit with 4 stacks = 100 energy, I might as well use her ultimate to kill the heavy and everything around it.

Just my 2 cents. Thanks for reading.

Edited by Bubsters

• 2 weeks later...

My issues with the frame are:

Getting venom on a target I want and not being able to target through my molt. Getting venom on a small shield osprey or a Railgun MOA when not the host is pretty hard since I have to do a casting animation in fact all the things I'd like to apply venom to are just easier to shoot. with molt since I can't (and thus my team) target through it we have trouble shooting larger targets like ancients around the random forms the molt skill does.

I'd suggest a couple of things for venom to have a reduced or reduce-able by mod cast time are for molt to either other allies can shoot and walk through it and not enemies or for all enemies that shoot/strike it get poison damage dealt to them

honestly the way to fix venom is to add a second way to make it spread not just hit the spore and hope it hit correctly. if an enemy is killed while infected by venom it should spread the venom to other targets automatically creating a chain reaction, considering the damage isn't fast or huge burst this would actually be pretty balanced. hitting the spores should be a side bonus for forcing it to spread faster or you tagged a heavy/boss and need it to spread now.

as for contagion applying to ranged weapons 50% of its damage boost shouldn't be out of whack and fine for it. ive heard you can increase contagion's damage boost by using focus, i haven't tested it myself yet but makes the idea more attractive.

Edited by MarcusGraves

I agree with the above posts, Venom is hard to hit especially when it pops up on enemy backs. Perhaps if it always appeared on the head or shoulders? Contagion would be sweet if it could work with guns. For the cost, it would be more worth it to use. And complete poison immunity is too OP, too many people will QQ it out of sheer jealousy like how bittter and petty people are over Rhino's Iron Skin. However, poison damage reduction by 25 to 50% would be more reasonable but only if Ember gets fire damage reduction too to make it fair. And perhaps Frost taking less ice damage to his shields.