The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pvp And Weapons... Yea... This Might Take A While.

Volvadin

Ok.. i'm going to leave my 2 cents here about my thought for pvp but i'll be damned if anyone else doesn't bring this up.

Right... the weapon allowed in PvP is stupid. It will harm competitive PvP if they continue to exist. I'm not talking about the base weapons themselves but 2 variants, event only weapons and prime weapons.

The Strun Wraith for example craps over the standard one. It is superior in every way yet it can't be aquired anymore. How can newer players or players who only can use the Strun compete against somebody who does? It's a unfair advantage!

Now.. the issue with base weapons and prime weapons. The problem I find is that if a prime version of a weapon exists within the PvP weapon selection then there is ZERO reason to use the base weapon that exists along side it. Why would you use a Braton when you have a Braton Prime? The base and prime variants are just another wall of competitive PvP (Not a very tall one mind you, but still a wall none the less).

A simple fix to the issue? Equalise the variants so they all have the same stats. (They effectively become a skin at this point). Imho, The core element to create a fair, effective competitive PvP battleground is to break down all walls that restrict empowerment to only a selection of players while neglecting others. Could you imagain if in games like call of duty or counter-strike that having skins made your gun far superior stat wise to skinless versions?

A simple fix to the issue? Equalise the variants so they all have the same stats. (They effectively become a skin at this point). Imho, The core element to create a fair, effective competitive PvP battleground is to break down all walls that restrict empowerment to only a selection of players while neglecting others. Could you imagain if in games like call of duty or counter-strike that having skins made your gun far superior stat wise to skinless versions?

I agree, COD:AW did this as a result its created unfair competition. Its called Bal 27 elite version and AWS1 Speakeasy elite, make matters worse its luck not skill getting those weapons.

Back on topic if Primes, Wraiths, Vandals and exclusives exist I think a dedicated mode could solve it.... Veteran mode. Other than that only normal gear on regular playlists.