The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fragor not doing damage

Namacyst

So i played around a bit with my new friend called Fragor and overall it is a nice Heavy iece of Equipment but something bugs me. It happens often that i want to smash a loot-container and it doesnt brake.

It seems the attack animation does not hit targets that are very close to your Avatar. Sometimes i have to try 3 times to break that thing.

Also the jump + melee attack sometimes does no damage (or simply does not hit anything).... i always thought the AE is centered around the player but that does not seem to be the case.. it feels like the AE is centered around the Hammerhead and has not that big of a radius. When i smash into a group of 5 mobs i hit 1 and the other 4 are not affected.

You devs should make one or two test runs with it and try it yourself.

Edit: Tried it out on a Reactor. Jump + Melee does nothing to it.. not a single reactor tube was destroyed. Repeated it several times without effect. Jump + Melee works with every other melee weapon on the reactor and is the fastest way to destroythat thing but Hammer does not seem to hit it at all.

Edited by Namacyst

The Fragor is definitely feeling a bit underwhelming compared to the axe. I was hoping it would ignore armor, like the bo staff and fists too.

But yeah. Hit detection with the Fragor is awful, and it doesn't seem to stagger enemies at all unlike other weapons.

Hmm.. tested it again and Fragor really does not ignore armor.. which makes NO SENSE. Devs should change it.. Bo ignores armor, Boxing-gloves ignore armor and a big-frikkin-hammer does not? Imho all Blunt weapons should ignore armor as a feature.

Hmm.. nope it did not. Fragor still misses the first (horizontal) strike at a loot container, jump + melee is still no real AE like with the other melee weapons and the damage vs. grineer is still low because the Hammer does not ignore Armor. Atleast for me it was just a minute ago. No changes.

Using the Fragor and loving it at the moment. It destroys loot containers in one hit, but that could just be the melee mods I have. Did not test it with out the mods.

If you are to close to anything in particular you will not do any damage to it. I have experienced this with the Jaw Sword.

It seems to me that the animations for the new heavy melee weapons require you to be a bit farther away from your enemy than usual.

In regards to the downward strike, it does not have a very big AoE but it does have heavy damage. Enemies usually that take 2 - 3 hits to kill with a normal strike from a Fragor go down with one downward strike. And indeed the center of impact (damage hitbox) is the head of the hammer.

With a normal sword you will notice that the downward strike position of the sword is at the center of the Warframe, thus the AoE is near the center of the Warframe.

The Fragor might seem a bit clumsy or buggy, but if you get used to the animation/timing of the swings you will find it a hell of a lot more fun.

Edited by Tangorine

Hmm.. tested it again and Fragor really does not ignore armor.. which makes NO SENSE. Devs should change it.. Bo ignores armor, Boxing-gloves ignore armor and a big-frikkin-hammer does not? Imho all Blunt weapons should ignore armor as a feature.

I whole-heartedly agree. Axe gets a cleaving AoE, hammer gets one big hard hitting attack and maybe a clumsy weak AoE with the jump attack.