Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

8 Player Raid Feedback (Poll)

-BELLUM-

Wow, seems that there has not been any recent of posts about raid as of late, unless i've missed some.

i believe reasons are:

- time wall. be it crafting or cooldown after successful run.

- grind. you need 10 arcanes of certain type. and drop chance is 1 to 19 (there is 19 types of arcanes right?)

- you know after last week changes i saw some spawns of the mobs during battery delivery run, like one. But still demand for restores is very high. You may use let say a frame with Primed Flow to deliver battery to the room where mobs are, but i really doubt that Flow, just like Redirection and Vitality, is worth using. Power Efficiency is just better than raw Energy pool.

- badge, everybody got one by now.

- arcanes are just not that useful.

- Trial game mode is sooo yesterday by now.

- honestly, for me, the end of the mission is rather frustrating.

p.s. still my clanmate wanna play it.

Edited by LeshJaeThiHah

Second Stage is too frustrating due to the near requirement of CC-Heavy frames so that the players on the buttons don't get swarmed and how you can be like one or two buttons away from completing it only to lose all your progress due to a troll or someone getting knocked off by a stray Scorpion or Bombard.

Also in the upper "balcony" area of the map above the gate you have to open Scorpions can shoot their hooks through the windows at the players on the buttons closest to the gate, which is a little BS since you can't see them coming and have no real way of knowing beforehand since you cannot see into that balcony.

I think the Second Stage puzzle either needs a reset timer (such as 5s to get back on a button before it resets) or a bit of an overhaul (perhaps some buttons need only be pressed once but others require a constant pressure.)

Aside from that most of the puzzles are done fairly well but could use a short tutorial clip or two to really show what to do for the newbies to the Raid.

I hate how DE implemented the reward time limitations to this. Why on Earth whould I ever wait for yet another 24 hours to get another arcane enchantment? I mean I understand why you should wait for 24 hours to do the master test but here it is absolute waste.

Why if I can and want, I am unable to recieve as many rewards as I can? Moreover pls than limit the rewards to the mastery level with increase the rewards quantity per level of the mastery gained. Make it at least 3-4 for maximum possible mastery ( I am MR19).

I wonder If we get limited for receipt of other rewards? 1 Warframe part per day? Or one prime part per day. This does not make any sence.

OFC, they had promissed that raid would not be easier if there are less players, but it would be more rewarding. But let me tell you we played in team of 4 players and the difference is we got even less cash - that's all. What kind of reward is that?

I hate how DE implemented the reward time limitations to this. Why on Earth whould I ever wait for yet another 24 hours to get another arcane enchantment? I mean I understand why you should wait for 24 hours to do the master test but here it is absolute waste.

Why if I can and want, I am unable to recieve as many rewards as I can? Moreover pls than limit the rewards to the mastery level with increase the rewards quantity per level of the mastery gained. Make it at least 3-4 for maximum possible mastery ( I am MR19).

I wonder If we get limited for receipt of other rewards? 1 Warframe part per day? Or one prime part per day. This does not make any sence.

OFC, they had promissed that raid would not be easier if there are less players, but it would be more rewarding. But let me tell you we played in team of 4 players and the difference is we got even less cash - that's all. What kind of reward is that?

All i have to say, epic username. xp

Hello everyone, i know it's been awhile since i've updated this post.

Did some thread hunting and managed to find a fair amount of posts i've missed, along with some new ones.

As always keep the votes going, almost to 400!

UPDATE

Good that the votes are still coming in!

If you haven't check the poll out yet dont miss your chance to be heard!

A DE employee replied back to me about the thread, be assured this post has eyes on it.

dev_reply_by_travelers_blade-d8pla5z.jpg

Let reach 500 votes!

Edited by -BELLUM-

Just finished my first raid and well this is the only thread on raids that I see atm so I figure I'll ask here:

For the second stage, what happens when you have less than 8 players? There are 8 buttons to depress, correct?

Really that button pushing bit was the worst. The whole thing basically requires you to spam the hell out of CC, but that part really drives home how the whole thing is not about fighting and is instead about keeping the enemy locked down with CC. I don't know how you would even complete that part without the entire map being continually m-primed and blinded.

Otherwise, it was reasonably fun, and ~360k credits isn't bad for an hour and 15 minutes of work (which I think was pretty decent for a PUG with several newbies including myself), plus some other miscellaneous stuff like a Brakk barrel, Vectis BP, and whatnot.

Edited by ArbitUHM

I know this is already being said before, but the 24 hours reward lock really not a good idea, If DE want this to be a 24 hours thing, they should've change the time lock to 22 hours or change it to a daily mission, they can't expect people to wait 24 hours + 30mins-2 hours(mission time) for the reward, we don't have 26 hours per day.

I know this is already being said before, but the 24 hours reward lock really not a good idea, If DE want this to be a 24 hours thing, they should've change the time lock to 22 hours or change it to a daily mission, they can't expect people to wait 24 hours + 30mins-2 hours(mission time) for the reward, we don't have 26 hours per day.

Yeah thats does seem a bit of a drag huh?

Thanks for your feed back!

Just finished my first raid and well this is the only thread on raids that I see atm so I figure I'll ask here:

For the second stage, what happens when you have less than 8 players? There are 8 buttons to depress, correct?

Really that button pushing bit was the worst. The whole thing basically requires you to spam the hell out of CC, but that part really drives home how the whole thing is not about fighting and is instead about keeping the enemy locked down with CC. I don't know how you would even complete that part without the entire map being continually m-primed and blinded.

Otherwise, it was reasonably fun, and ~360k credits isn't bad for an hour and 15 minutes of work (which I think was pretty decent for a PUG with several newbies including myself), plus some other miscellaneous stuff like a Brakk barrel, Vectis BP, and whatnot.

Thanks for your feedback, getting use to the raids myself, I play them at least once a day now.

Still hear alot of feedback such as yours, hopefully the votes keep coming in and we catch some more dev attention. :)

I've run the raid 5 times so far. My general impression is that if you get a group that know wth they are doing, and bugs permitting, it's a cake walk, but still fun and satisfying to beat.

1st time was when the raid was brand new, no one knew what they were doing, and we got wiped out almost immediately.

2nd time we had a laggy host, and quit as soon as we realized that the lag was preventing anyone but the host from picking up the battery before it destabilized.

3rd time had the same group as the third, but with a different host. Everything moved like clockwork, everyone knew what they were supposed to do and performed admirably. Finished the entire raid in inside 20m.

4th time, first stage went great, but during the transition to the second stage, i got bumped from the group. They won without me.

And all that brings me to my 5th run. A run attempted by eight supposedly experienced, MR 14+ players.

<Last Minute Addition> I guess failure is technically experience.

If ever there was a demonstration that MR is an indicator of neither skill nor mechanical competence, this was it.

Only 3 of us appeared to understand the basic mechanics of the first stage. First pressure pad door, team succeeds in locking a player behind it. A player actively killing energy vamped enemies. Battery team repeatedly fumbling it. First time battery team finally gets one to the injector, they drop it before the injector is unshielded. Second time they get a battery to it, they wait for the shield to go down, only to have some guy pick it back up and run off with it. Finally getting the first injector down, one of the good players dc momentarily, and can't get back in. After that, me and my very slow vauban ran the battery, and things sorta smoothed out a bit till staged 2.

During the shift to stage 2, we dropped a second player. The first 4 buttons go smoothly enough, until the loki has to hack a panel. I've never seen a slower hacker, during which one of the players goes down and dies. This prompts 2 more players to outright quit. 4 players left, difficult, but still doable. I cipher through the first three hacks and get me and 2 others on pads.

"One left, where the hell is he?"

"Host's dead, and refusing to revive."

"So this is impossible now."

After spending an hour and a half on that, I think i'm done with warframe today. I think i'll catch up on anime, because i really don't feel like playing anything at all at the moment.

• 3 weeks later...

After 5+ attempts and 5+ failures purely do to connection problems. My opinion of Trials/Raids is certainly not good. It's challenging and fun... IF it works. Which it rarely seems to (I've yet to complete a raid without a connection problem at some point. Hell, I've yet to complete a raid BECAUSE of connection problems.).