Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

8 Player Raid Feedback (Poll)

-BELLUM-

i think the problem of the (very broken) raid is that a raid with 8 tenno should be CHALLANGED by it and nit desintegrated.I know people will say: "DUH! you gotta have the right frames like loki!" but that is the WRONG attempt. warfreme is about heving free choice of your character ALL of them have advances and quirks so people should not be forced to play with a certain combo of frames. also the idea of the raid beeing so hard that even EINGREIFTRUPP (one of the strongest german clans) didn't manage to play it in a regular manner (wich means killing enemys) even a full Rihno P. team didn't manage it. there is a basic issue i think: the bar was set too high even for people that are ona an endgame level.

so in my opinion: it needs to be reworked so that people don't get FORCED into a certain sheme of classes and strategie that leaves no room for fun and variety.

(i'm sorry for my grammar for i am german and not english)

I have heard several others people express similar thoughts, and i cant blame them.

thanks for your input!

I've done a bit of search when i can spare the time, trying to pick out every raid related post and placing them on the list i've included.

Dont forget to check out the poll, keep those votes going!

Edited by -BELLUM-

I have attempted 5 raids and have yet to complete any of them.

Some issues of note with proposed solutions.

Problem: Players are unaware of what to actually do in the raid.

Solution: Players joining a raid for the first time are instantly shown a short clip giving them a brief run through of what to expect. This clip will not give away every last detail and will ensure certain aspects of the raid remain a mystery. Players will also have the ability to play this clip again should they wish which can be accessed from the raid screen (see pic)

9ThLJFu.png

Problem: Having to explain your 'game plan' every single time you start a raid.

Solution: Incorporate a MOTD box for squad chat that can be customised by the host.

Problem: Spend 15 minutes forming a raid, enter raid, lag out
Solution: This is a difficult one since it may involve reworking the net code but can the raids be hosted on the same servers as the relays?

Problem: Players trolling the team in stage 2 of raid (puzzle). Get halfway through the symbol puzzle and some guy decides to step off the panel he is on and resets everything. I expect 90% of the raids are being abandoned at this point. Scorpions are also to blame here

Solution: Stepping onto the panel will encase the player in a forcefield and he cannot leave. He can still shoot out and utilise warframe abilities that do not require movement.

This is all that comes to mind for now.

Edited by JackPaladin

I have attempted 5 raids and have yet to complete any of them.

Some issues of note with proposed solutions.

Problem: Players are unaware of what to actually do in the raid.

Solution: Players joining a raid for the first time are instantly shown a short clip giving them a brief run through of what to expect. This clip will not give away every last detail and will ensure certain aspects of the raid remain a mystery. Players will also have the ability to play this clip again should they wish which can be accessed from the raid screen (see pic)

9ThLJFu.png

Problem: Having to explain your 'game plan' every single time you start a raid.

Solution: Incorporate a MOTD box for squad chat that can be customised by the host.

Problem: Spend 15 minutes forming a raid, enter raid, lag out

Solution: This is a difficult one since it may involve reworking the net code but can the raids be hosted on the same servers as the relays?

Problem: Players trolling the team in stage 2 of raid (puzzle). Get halfway through the symbol puzzle and some guy decides to step off the panel he is on and resets everything. I expect 90% of the raids are being abandoned at this point. Scorpions are also to blame here

Solution: Stepping onto the panel will encase the player in a forcefield and he cannot leave. He can still shoot out and utilise warframe abilities that do not require movement.

This is all that comes to mind for now.

Thanks for the feedback! ^_^

I want only one change : the rewards should be in the market / shop too.

Any problems solved for me ^^

Because I do NOT want to play that raid #!++@q!!!

Hm, maybe people would straight up buy them in droves.

thanks for the feedback!

Edited by -BELLUM-

- 6hrs crafting time. you know it would be better just to have some kind of energy pool. like how many times you can launch this mission daily.

- also, no checkpoints you have to restart all over again. which is frustrating.

- you really need just 4 people. it's easier.

- there is no reason to kill mobs. as a matter of fact alive mobs are more useful than a dead ones.

- lack of balance on so called high level, i don't consider mobs that may one shot me as a challenging content. i consider it as disappointment. Because not only it locks me on playing with several frames, but it also make customization very limited (as exampe 4 CProjections auras, you can do with 3 though, level 80 lancer don't have that high damage reduction and their health pool is not that great.)

- bomb design. you really need like 100-150 energy restores if you wanna deliver bomb to the target. there is no mobs around to use EV. And even if there were such mobs - energy restore is just a better solution (yes trinity is useless, but we knew that already, unless you exploit with her health if you know how, but we do know how to exploit with her health.) Design of bomb arming event is a bad, flawed design.

- Electric pads in numbers room. Instakill is bad. Bad design is BAD.

- hijack... i just don't like this mode. Now with buttons. Jesus....

- Vay Hek... Vay Hek is just a boss, kill him as you please, nothing new here.

Overall impressions: we did it in 4 people in two runs (we failed on hijack). and that was a waste of time.

Raid as a game mode expose all of the flaws of the Warframe as a game: spamming of powers, exploits, lack of freedom of party customization on the level of the roster and personal setup, lack of balance on 'high level' play.

p.s. i will say it again. one of the developers said - that only 0.001% of the player base actually see the problem with the high level, because only 0.001% actually playing T4S for 1h. So there is no reason to balance a game because of these 0.001%. But now we have a legit game mode that actually allows everybody to play this so called high level content, without wasting 1h on T4S. But i fail to see any sense in that.

p.p.s. Bellum - your silver skull, where is it?

Edited by LeshJaeThiHah

- 6hrs crafting time. you know it would be better just to have some kind of energy pool. like how many times you can launch this mission daily.

- also, no checkpoints you have to restart all over again. which is frustrating.

- you really need just 4 people. it's easier.

- there is no reason to kill mobs. as a matter of fact alive mobs are more useful than a dead ones.

- lack of balance on so called high level, i don't consider mobs that may one shot me as a challenging content. i consider it as disappointment. Because not only it locks me on playing with several frames, but it also make customization very limited (as exampe 4 CProjections auras, you ca do with 3 though, level 80 lancer don't have tha high damage reduction and their health pool is not that great.)

- bomb design. you really need like 100-150 energy restores if you wanna deliver bomb to the target. there is no mobs around to use EV. And even if there were such mobs - energy restore is just a better solution (yes trinity is useless, but we knew that already, unless you exploit with her health if you know how, but we do know how to exploit with her health.) Design of bomb arming event is a bad, flawed design.

- Electric pads in numbers room. Instakill is bad. Bad design is BAD.

- hijack... i just don't like this mode. Now with buttons. Jesus....

- Vay Hek... Vay Hek is just a boss, kill him as you please, nothing new here.

Overall impressions: we did in 4 people in two runs (we failed on hijack). and that was a waste of time.

Raid as a game mode expose all of the flaws of the Warframe as a game: spamming of powers, exploits, lack of freedom of party customization on the level of the roster and personal setup, lack of balance on 'high level' play.

p.s. i will say it again. one of the developers said - that only 0.001% of the player base actually see the problem with the high level, because only 0.001% actually playing T4S for 1h. So there is no reason to balance a game because of these 0.001%. But now we have a legit game mode that actually allows everybody to play this so called high level content, without wasting 1h on T4S. But i fail to see any sense in that.

p.p.s. Bellum - your silver skull, where is it?

Thanks for the feed back!

bellum_badges_by_travelers_blade-d8miunj

My silver skull? I have it :)

I'm digging the raid badge at the moment.

You can kinda see my skull badge in this pic xp.

thanks__by_travelers_blade-d8izsz7.jpg

Edited by -BELLUM-

The fight is not difficult, however finding 7 other people that understand the fight is difficult.

Some minor criticism/feedback

Phase 1: The Titanium Battery/Door Button mechanic would have been nice to see in a 4 man mission (Sab 2.0?) as a less jarring introduction to a band-new mechanic.

Phase 2: Could you have used a slightly more divers selection of grieneer alphabet the having a bunch of symbols that look similar just adds unneeded confusion.

Phase 3: The Buttons used to open the towers are not easily seen/found and the feedback that you have to defend the center console to prevent the Famorian Ship from resetting progress.

i must add that this raid game mode do have some positive sides.

for example:

- i despise doors of friendship, however two button system for doors is rather... inspiring for a team play. Easier to grasp and accept.

- entire game mode keeps you moving. dynamic game mode. Despite some... let say issues with spawning system AI scripts.

But... too many negative sides, and i didn't even mentioned amount of credits you about to waste on restores during single run on this game mode.

p.s. Are you gonna make some kind of summary in the end, Bellum?

Edited by LeshJaeThiHah

i must add that this raid game mode do have some positive sides.

for example:

- i despise doors of friendship, however two button system for doors is rather... inspiring for a team play. Easier to grasp and accept.

- entire game mode keeps you moving. dynamic game mode. Despite some... let say issues with spawning system AI scripts.

But... too many negative sides, and i didn't even mentioned amount of credits you about to waste on restores during single run on this game mode.

p.s. Are you gonna make some kind of summary in the end, Bellum?

A summary, maybe.

At the moment i'm just trying to keep the votes coming in as long as possible.

Ideally i want the data to speak for itself, and hopefully collect at least 500-1000 votes.

Edited by -BELLUM-

Okay everyone, just added a few new raid threads i managed to find and added them to the list.

Everyone who hasn't already, please check out the poll.

I'd like to reach at least 500-1000 total votes and display to DE some cold hard data.

Thanks a bunch, and i'll see ya laterz!

Edited by -BELLUM-

Bump.

add an Endless element at some point that allows a group to increase the % Chance of a reward OR the amount of reward they get, let them self scale the enemy. It's a formula we know works, and works well.

...It scares me that this section is the only reason I upvoted this post...

in the most games which use this mechanic of tiered progression (as example you you start with some gear -> you craft/loot some gear -> you go t1 raid -> you loot t1 gear -> you go t2 raid -> etc) we have this chain or sequence of events or algorithm of actions.

There is some kind of chain of demand and supply, when in order to beat content of higher level you must come prepared for it, through leveling and playing lower content.

In the WF we have... no we don't have this chain. basically if you can beat this game mode - you have no need in rewards it can offer to you.

There is no reason to play raid game mode again if you already been there once and beat it.

Because we were able to kill level 3000+ mobs like for a year before this raid game mode, what some level 80 mobs can do against us?

So what the purpose of playing this raid mode except for a badge?

But as my good friend once said " we don't need no stinking badges."

Edited by LeshJaeThiHah

Hello everyone!

I'm hard pressed to find any new raid threads, but i do hope the votes for the poll keep coming in.

So if you're seeing this post for the first time, please cast your vote via the link at the beginning of this thread.

Wow, seems that there has not been any recent of posts about raid as of late, unless i've missed some.

New details have sprung up.

If anyone watched livestream 49, Scott has declared the raids are designed for team oriented gameplay.

That means NO SOLO GAMEPLAY for raids.

You can see it here at 15:56

keep the votes coming in!

Edited by -BELLUM-

Sorry I am a solo player. Apparently DE doesn't care about me and those like me. I can't do raids. D:

Correct.  Pretty much stated in the last devstream.

I don't play in solo, but I play with at most one other person I know, though I play in PUG matches as much as I can.  But the fact that I don't want to get on teamspeak or join a big (bigger than my one person anyway) clan, this is off limits to me.  Not everyone is suited to being in those types of social situations.  So we get the boot.

On the bright side, the rewards don't look like they're worth it, so I'd probably be more frustrated if I actually could play them.