Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Duel Heat Swords Stealth Kill Suggestion

BuriedShadows

Okay so, I just crafted the Duel Heat Swords after running with the Heat Dagger for quite a while, I am having a ton of fun, but I had one suggestion. I read on the wiki, and also noticed in the game that the "Duel Heat Swords" is actually a combination of the Heat Sword and Heat Dagger, so I started thinking. What if this weapon was moved to a separate weapon type category, called Sword and Knife, or Sword and Dagger, this would fit it more accurately, and also allow you to add a new stealth kill animation into the game. I was thinking if you were to do this (if enough people agreed with me) that you could give it a stealth kill animation that is a mix between the dagger, and long sword animations. Your Warframe would run the enemy thru with the sword weapon, while slitting his throat with the dagger weapon. It could be fast, clean and precise. This is not me begging, just a simple suggestion. Any other thoughts, comments ? Discuss below. I do hope you read this though, Steve or Rebecca or someone. Thanks~ BuriedShadows

Edited by BuriedShadows

Try to read this imagining me saying it in a very mannered tone:

Nope, this won't be pushed through, as good as it sounds and considering you may have suggested it in good favor, it wouldn't see light.

The reason would be you're asking something that's not crucial, there are already working stealth animations for it, though it would look cool and all at the end of the day, doing a mission or playing the game with the currently working stealth animations yield the expected results. Adding an additional animation in their current timeframe isn't that much of an importance as there are more urgent things for them to handle. Another point is you don't get style points or whatever, having different animations for such, but it would be cool if all weapons had unique stealth kill animations (that part I'm with you) but no, this wouldn't be a reality, well, not for the meantime, maybe when the game is closing down to its final stages where the devs can only add a few new things like these then it would be considered.

:)

Hai guise

I liek opzzz idea

but wut if everyone had black leather cloaks coz that would be really cool

And then you could give them custom voice lines from anime (Don't worry, just the COOLLL ones like with alucard in them)

and you could have like kantanas and maybe make the infested vampires instead because everyone knows they're cooler than germs lol!

No...

I can't do it anymore...

Op, this game is not aimed at 13 year old weaboos.

We do not need to have stupid over the top execute animations because you think they'd look cool.

Alright, thanks for your feedback, but I have two questions:

1 Why do you assume im 13, or that I watch anime?

2 Why Do we even have assassinations? From your point of view any animation would be over the top.

1. Because of the way your presented your idea and the language you used to do so.

2. Because it's a useful game feature.

There is a difference between adding things that add additional or alternative strategies and gameplay, such as wall runs, slide kills, assasinations.

These may look cool, complex or tricky, but that's part of the nature of abilities like those.

That said, there's no reason to add over the top "Ultra cool sick awesome" animations onto abilities and actions that are already smooth and functional.

It'd be like a game where you have to stop, whip out your hat and strike a pose every time you headshot.

It actually detracts from gameplay to make too many visually intensive, camera angle invasive and overly extravagant gestures and animations.

1. Because of the way your presented your idea and the language you used to do so.

2. Because it's a useful game feature.

There is a difference between adding things that add additional or alternative strategies and gameplay, such as wall runs, slide kills, assasinations.

These may look cool, complex or tricky, but that's part of the nature of abilities like those.

That said, there's no reason to add over the top "Ultra cool sick awesome" animations onto abilities and actions that are already smooth and functional.

It'd be like a game where you have to stop, whip out your hat and strike a pose every time you headshot.

It actually detracts from gameplay to make too many visually intensive, camera angle invasive and overly extravagant gestures and animations.

Okay, the second part makes sense, I understand that were not playing a cartoony game where you win by getting style points. But I still don't understand why you think im 12, still, im here to have fun, not do an internet argument. So thanks again for the feedback.

Just so everyone knows, this thread,  was more to point out that I think the Duel Heat Swords could be put into a different weapon class/type , and if that was to happen, a suggested animation for that weapon class/type. I'm not saying make the Duel Heat swords some special melee weapon, I'm just suggesting a new weapon type that could be started with this particular weapon. Thanks~BuriedShadows

Not a bad idea, it might be implemented eventually, not of high importance, but they did change the dagger assassination animation so that it was unique so I don't see why a pair of long/short swords shouldn't have their own special animation either.

As a side note, style points sound like they might actually be fun, would encourage people to pull off more action scenes and be the future John Woo or something, cause wall running then using the melee to fly through a guy and splitting him in half is pretty awesome to see, since the only thing the game considers style is sliding kills.

• 2 weeks later...

+1 for more animations, giving some more variety to the game would never hurt anyone :)

though giving it another class/type is not necessary, until we have more of those weapon types (~3+ of the same ones)