The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Place To Farm Tellurium?

(PSN)IkariWarrior83

Question

I'm trying to build Itzal and I'm thinking I should just spend 40p for the 4 Tellurium I need to build it.  I already dropped 20p on the first two to finish the research.  I'd really rather save my plat, though.  I've been trying to farm for Tellurium on Earth Archwing intercept, but no joy.  I understand it is a rare drop, and I understand that it has to compete with Neurodes on the Earth Resource drop table.  Last night, for the first time ever, I was disappointed to get a Neurode on Earth, lol.  

Does Tellurium drop more frequently on higher-level Intercepts like Uranus?  Does Tellurium drop on Corpus archwing? I don't mind running Neptune Sabotage (if indeed a higher-level mission is required).  The problem with Uranus Archwing is that it is too difficult for me.  I have a rank 30 Odonata, rank 30 Imperator, and a Rank 30 hammer (I forget its proper name), and the hammer has a catalyst in it.  The other two are un-potatoed, un-forma'd and I'm not spending resources on those items.  

The problem with Uranus is that I get iced too quickly by the enemies.  I tried to run it with a random, and he was quickly axed when trying to revive me.  I know I can go with a clan/alliance group, but at this point I'd prefer to avoid it altogether. 

I have no problem putting in the work if only it yielded some results.  Any suggestions would be helpful!

6 answers to this question

You can often times find them on sabotage missions although that is again reliant on RNG. Unfortunately, Uranus intercept is really one of the better if not best place to get it simply because there are so many enemies therefore a greater chance to drop. If you absolutely can't do which is understandable, I would say keep at in higher level sabotage or earth intercept < try to play in a group for this so you get higher enemy spawns. The nodes don't particularly matter where you go, it's mostly more enemies = higher chance for drops which isn't too great since the harder nodes are usually the overwhelmingly spawn creep ones. If possible, try getting a group together in recruiting so at least you won't be with unprepared or confused randoms. 

Also, a helpful tip would be putting a potato on your imperator. You said you don't want to waste resources, but the imperator is a great gun once you get some corrosive/heat mods on that thing along with damage and multishot. I usually recommend powering that gun for people who are struggling.

Edited by Brahkest

Okay, so it's not faction-specific?  As long as I'm doing Archwing I have a chance at the item?  I don't mind doing a solo sabotage and letting the enemies trickle in.  It might take a while, but I'll work with it, lol.

It's not at all faction specific, all RNG though. Any AW mission can drop tellurium, just depends on your luck. Solo sabotage seems like a good idea if you don't want to get overwhelmed. Good luck!