Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Are All The Warframe Models Different?

Noteybook

After U16 dropped I noticed some of my warframes were looking... different. On closer inspection, it seems the mesh for all warframes has been changed, stretched, or mangled in one way or another. Here are 2 examples.

EHAkhbI.jpg

UvuSJip.jpg

At first I thought I was playing on a weird aspect ratio, but not at all! The frames just look.. wrong now. DE please change this back. This does not look good at all!

I'm just not seeing anything worthy of note...

Take a look at your Excaliber. You'll notice his torso is smaller and his legs are huge. Every single other frame has been changed and has differences like this. The proportions are messed up in a lot of them, too!

PBR hath arrived!

What?

• Fixed grey lines that appear on various Immortal Skins

That may have something to do with what your seeing. :)

That would actually make sense.

To OP: PBR is physically based rendering, a new texture overhaul to the game that gradually makes certain materials (such as metal, rubber, cloth, etc) look more realistic. It's the reason we can now recolor the gold on our prime weapons and such.

• Fixed grey lines that appear on various Immortal Skins

That may have something to do with what your seeing. :)

No, that's not it at all. I don't own any immortal skins. It's the physical frames themselves. The proportions are different then what they were pre-U16.

That would actually make sense.

To OP: PBR is physically based rendering, a new texture overhaul to the game that gradually makes certain materials (such as metal, rubber, cloth, etc) look more realistic. It's the reason we can now recolor the gold on our prime weapons and such.

I am not saying the textures are different. I am saying certain frames have different sized parts. Oberon's arms and torso are skinnier then previously. Hydriod's shins/lower leg is larger and longer. Things like that. The physical models look different. Mesa looks stumpy, as if she was shrunk. Mag has child-like proportions now.

No, that's not it at all. I don't own any immortal skins. It's the physical frames themselves. The proportions are different then what they were pre-U16.

I am not saying the textures are different. I am saying certain frames have different sized parts. Oberon's arms and torso are skinnier then previously. Hydriod's shins/lower leg is larger and longer. Things like that. The physical models look different. Mesa looks stumpy, as if she was shrunk. Mag has child-like proportions now.

Um...

Both of the pictures you provided look totally normal to me.