Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Observe What And Who Is Around You.

Haerhitman

Not that new, have 2 maxed frames, and usually have the highest kill count in any given mission. I carry plenty of ammo usually 2 boxes for primary and secondary. Most of the time it's people running from behind me to right in front of me so I know they see me. The OP was just a courtesy thing rather than a demand(not demanding at all), I realize that most times it's not easy to do, but I just figured that the people who saw this might be more mindful of it in the future and the trend might spread. It would lead to more tactical gameplay in my opinion, which is always fun.

My bad man, from the initial post and not seeing that many posts (it was less than 10 before) on the forums I made that assumption.  I wasn't trashing and it was a friendly post.  Apologies.

Lol don't have eyes behind them...minimap...lol...

I really gotta get in a game with you man.  You can target and kill using the minimap only?  That's crazy skills bro!  Lemme see!

I find myself shooting the backs of my teammates and wasting my precious ammo more often than not, and the cause? People not paying attention to their surroundings and running in front of me when I am crouched and aimed at an enemy or group of enemies.

If someone is firing don't walk right in front of them and stop. Be mindful of the sectors of fire from your teammates. I understand the game get's crazy sometimes and everyone is scrambling every which way but come on, at least try.

When in doubt

Pull your RPG out.

I have to agree with added FF within Warframe. 

Friendly Fire:

Reduced Damage to Friendlies

Experience Loss off of gross Mission Experience

If death of Team mate is caused by your FF 50,000 credit deduction

IF death caused and no subsequent Revive, loss of 3 Platinum or Revive from shooters Revive pool.

Friendly Fire MUST have steep costs in order to reduce Griefing.  It could never stop it, but make it so painful that the reward is not worth the gain.

You can expect this behavior to continue in silent PUGs.  I try to be conscious of this and move to the side once i close in on enemies, but I am probably guilty of getting in peoples' way quite often.

Playing with my friends and getting on mics helps a lot to coordinate what's happening when the enemies appear.

Friendly Fire:

IF death caused and no subsequent Revive, loss of 3 Platinum or Revive from shooters Revive pool.

Friendly Fire MUST have steep costs in order to reduce Griefing.  It could never stop it, but make it so painful that the reward is not worth the gain.

If these were the rules, I would never play co-op.  Thats ridiculous.  There doesnt need to be friendly fire damage (scindo swings anyone?), but rather an INDICATION that you are receiving/giving friendly fire damage.

Friendly Fire:

No, just no. Warframe is too fast paced for such steep costs, I have idiots all the time runing into my line of fire while I'm actively shooting. With the costs like this it'd promote griefing of a whole different sort. Yes this promotes better aim, and less shooting your teamate, but how's it to stop some **** jumping infront of my Snipertron and stealing a revive/3 plat from me as well as cost me 50k creds guranteed cause I just 1 shot him? No, FF in any form does not belong here, and if it ever comes to it I'd end up abandoning co-op and just go solo.

yea but in left4dead there is always that one person who gets accidentally shot by a teammate then goes psycho on the rest.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

*whistles innocently*

Also, if they didn't want this to happen, they shouldn't have made Lewis sound so hilarious when shot- even better than Francis :)

tactical_surgeon: I agree, scaling it properly is everything. An interesting tweak would be to add an optional weapon lockout with a scaling duration a la Planetside 2, if people are being abusive, too. (This works better than it sounds, it's pitched very deftly. You'd have to try the game to see)

+1 vote for 50% effective friendly fire

honestly games without friendly fire have significantly worse teamwork, specifically because no one has to work together and everyone can just be an idiot rambo

would be nice if it was at least offered as an option

I try to say hello to every group I roll with - sometimes people reply and you can get some raport going.  That is perfect and you can then say things like "I will take the left fire lane if you take the right"

Lovely when people listen and then you can work as a team.  It just makes the game SO much more enjoyable.

Other times they ignore you and stand in the middle of an obvious fire-lane (Corpus bridge defense) doing more harm than good.

I don't think this game would benefit from FF though.  It is just a bit too fast paced.  It would benefit from people having a little more spatial awareness and consideration.  Something that is unlikely given the norms of the internet.

I also think that the average age in this game probably leans towards the younger folks.  Not renowned for their patience and teamwork.  But then I am an old git so I would say that =)

Edited by MoobsUK

Normally when you shoot a teammate in the back they die.

Often times the problem isn't the shooter, but the person who jumps in front of them. Obviously, penalizing someone for bullet sponging their teammate would be tricky as penalizing either party could be exploited for griefing. Not to mention the likely hood of accidentally dumping some bullets into a buddy when you do a host migration to someone with a slow connection and everything is bouncing around like a yo-yo.

It really comes down to what the OP said. Stay aware of your surroundings, maximize distance and angle on targets, don't walk in front of bullets (especially your teammates if at all possible) and use a mic if possible. :)

Edited by BlueEden

I do encounter cases as OP mentioned, but until this thread I did not really paid them a lot of attention. When I thought back, when I have teammates blocking my line of fire, I simply change the target, the angle of attack, or go melee. It's actaully kind of cool that a team of experienced players can coordinate almost on instinct, without even a word of communication.

Also, it may be helpful, but I don't take things like Paris for online missions (I use them exclusively for solo, or bring them for some passive xp but never use them when playing with team on easy missions). Some weapons (low ROF, high reload/recoil) are not very effective in a team esp when there is very little pre-planned coordination. All the coordination here is from experience or instincts. I find that fast-firing weapons are the best as I can quickly fire covering shots if the first one did not hit due to being blocked.

Another somewhat related problem I have encountered is with Loki's Decoy, which will block friendly fire as well. In this case, when placed badly, it will block MY OWN fire. It takes some experience to learn where to place the Decoy, and even so, the aiming may be off sometimes. Well, at least it doesn't move around and draws aggro, so I hope that my teammates don't mind if I missed my aim sometimes.

I do encounter cases as OP mentioned, but until this thread I did not really paid them a lot of attention. When I thought back, when I have teammates blocking my line of fire, I simply change the target, the angle of attack, or go melee. It's actaully kind of cool that a team of experienced players can coordinate almost on instinct, without even a word of communication.

Also, it may be helpful, but I don't take things like Paris for online missions (I use them exclusively for solo, or bring them for some passive xp but never use them when playing with team on easy missions). Some weapons (low ROF, high reload/recoil) are not very effective in a team esp when there is very little pre-planned coordination. All the coordination here is from experience or instincts. I find that fast-firing weapons are the best as I can quickly fire covering shots if the first one did not hit due to being blocked.

Another somewhat related problem I have encountered is with Loki's Decoy, which will block friendly fire as well. In this case, when placed badly, it will block MY OWN fire. It takes some experience to learn where to place the Decoy, and even so, the aiming may be off sometimes. Well, at least it doesn't move around and draws aggro, so I hope that my teammates don't mind if I missed my aim sometimes.

My main is a Loki and I've noticed the decoy's hit box is unusually large. I tend to try to set up the decoy in a corner or up on top of something like a box, the decoy's draw range is wide so there is usually no issue there. Also I've noticed that if I am the only Loki on the team in a corpus mission it seems as if everyone else is waiting for me to place a decoy to block lasers lol

Edited by Haerhitman

Well friendly fire is to me a great idea 

I'd say - 20% damage friendly fire - to reduce an individuals shields enough to

1.  want to move out of the way

2.  give the shooter a peace of mind that if someone dose jump in front, that it wont F#$k them over 

- on another note - you should have a special color / indication that you were hit by friendly fire - such as your shield goes green instead of the blue splash when an enemy bullet hits you - and a easy to see warning to the shooter - etc - 

- something along those lines 

Thunderbolt Paris shots being stopped short by teammates walking in front of me from 2 feet away to result in my face being blown off by my own weapon.

i only wish i had the thunderbolt mod... first world problems ? 

Or you just got your gorgon rolling on a group of enemies and someone walks in front of you and stands there going pow, pow with their Lato.

+1 from me.

Later defense mission waves, aside I'll have you know I two to four shot people with my Aklatos good sir! So much more efficient than that...lawn mower of a gun you call a gorgon! XP

Later defense mission waves, aside I'll have you know I two to four shot people with my Aklatos good sir! So much more efficient than that...lawn mower of a gun you call a gorgon! XP

I don't really use my gorgon on full auto - I burst / semi auto it since it kills in several bullets - ammo conservation + accuracy 

-at any rate, if your going full auto hold no bargains wall of lead, then you might be using the gorgon wrong  ~ 

Edited by tactical_surgeon

I was referring to a single Lato, and wasn't calling the Gorgon efficient... Which is why wasting the time getting it spun up into doing something on 3+ guys is kind of a bummer when someone steps in front of you at that point.

Now if they had jumped in front of me with an Aklatos I would have said, "yay, saved me from certain doom, but dang no XP for my Gorgon!"

The wall of lead seems like a reasonable option when mobs cluster at short to mid range, at least until they invent grenades that can be operated by Tenno hands. Though this is kind of off topic for the original post, was originally intending the Gorgon statement to add some humor along the lines of blowing your own face off with the Thunderbolt mod. Not trying to take over the thread into a Gorgon tactics discussion, but thanks for letting me know I'm using the squad suppression weapon wrong. ;)

Edited by BlueEden

wouldn't weapon friendly fire be something to test ~ ( not including powers ) 

- I really wonder how effective a team can be even with friendly fire 

Well, if you want to see a triple kill with Thunderbolt, then why not?

FYI: It has a huge radius :)

Edited by XDeathCoreX

Friendly Fire:

There are people sitting on 7 figure digits with max everything, do you really think this would stop them and do you really want someone with Thunderbolt in your game?

Can imagine a fear for bow users.