Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Mission (End Game?) Type Idea.

Rabidbluedeath

Right now we only have one kind of endgame really, Defense missions. I personally don't like playing defense missions, they just aren't my kind of thing. But I was thinking about ways to add better endgame missions, for now at least, and this is what I came up with. (I'm pretty sure DE is working on end game this was just something I thought up in about 5 min)

Marathon Missions. It starts like every other mission, so first it would be a raid, or a capture or whatever. Then when you complete the objective (actually get to evac) you have the option of starting a new objective with higher level enemies. Like defense missions you get the same kind of enemy level up, and more chances at rewards, but it gives people who don't like defense an alternate type of endgame mission. I think that the mission objectives should be randomized as well to keep it even more fresh. Also ideally we wouldn't have to carry the datamass after that segment of the mission is completed. It looks like the base code for random secondary objectives is already in the game so I don't think (with my very limited gaming development knowledge I will admit) it would be as difficult to implement as some new mission type.

What do you guys think?  

I want one of those TOWER MISSIONs.

Instead of defense, the tennos will climb an OROKIN tower.There are infinite levels in the tower, every 5 levels has a BOSS.

For each level, the factions will swap. The players can quit @ every 5 levels or go till infinity or something.

Ammo will restock every 5 levels.

This will give infinite fun, because its just SHOOT EM ALL ! (or SLICE EM ALL), you can do what ever you wish, since you dont have to defend anything !

(Like the tower stuff in the game S.U.N)

Anybody else like this?

Edited by Zyfe3rX

That would probably require on-the-fly map loading for each objective, something Warframe currently doesn't do. Unless DE implements a loading point between map loads, neither of those suggestions are really feasible.

Right now we only have one kind of endgame really, Defense missions. I personally don't like playing defense missions, they just aren't my kind of thing. But I was thinking about ways to add better endgame missions, for now at least, and this is what I came up with. (I'm pretty sure DE is working on end game this was just something I thought up in about 5 min)

Marathon Missions. It starts like every other mission, so first it would be a raid, or a capture or whatever. Then when you complete the objective (actually get to evac) you have the option of starting a new objective with higher level enemies. Like defense missions you get the same kind of enemy level up, and more chances at rewards, but it gives people who don't like defense an alternate type of endgame mission. I think that the mission objectives should be randomized as well to keep it even more fresh. Also ideally we wouldn't have to carry the datamass after that segment of the mission is completed. It looks like the base code for random secondary objectives is already in the game so I don't think (with my very limited gaming development knowledge I will admit) it would be as difficult to implement as some new mission type.

What do you guys think?  

erm what your suggestion is kinda just farming normal missions that gets harder & harder?

imo thats not endgame content at all.

erm what your suggestion is kinda just farming normal missions that gets harder & harder?

I wanted to say that they'd be better off just sticking with a party and changing missions, but that works too.

I don't see why not, for the first example DE  can code a randomly arranged sprawling map with all necessary assets for multiple objective, making it larger than standard maps, might be a bit more strain on the P2P system but I'm not sure.

As for the tower concept, which personally I quite like, DE can implement a load point after each boss stage while a new area is generated, though I don't think different factions per level is very lore friendly. As for the difficulty in implementing this load point, I doubt it would be any different than the current load system, aside from cutting out the period in the lobby.

It's not thats why I said for now. At the moment defense missions are "end game" and its boring. Which is why i put (end game?) in the title and said they are probably working on something else this would just be a...idk hotfix if you will, until real end game is added.