Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 16.0.2

[DE]Megan

I don't know what actually goes on at DE headquarters, but I'd like to imagine there was a conversation that went a little something like this:

Steve: "Hey Megan."

Megan: "Oh, hey there, Steve. What's up?"

Steve: "Well, I was just looking at our financial records, and, well..."

Megan: "What is it?"

Steve: "It turns out that we haven't actually made any money."

Megan: "Oh my goodness, that sounds terrible!"

Steve: "It is! Players are obviously playing our game, yet somehow it doesn't equate to income for us!"

Megan: "Well, now that I think about it, isn't Warframe free to play?"

Steve: "Oh my great golly gosh, that could be the reason! Wow, that never even occurred to me!"

Megan: "I know, right? I was totally blind-sided!"

Steve: "I think you mean RADIAL Blind-sided!"

Steve & Megan: "Heyoooo!"

Megan: "So, what do you think we should do to make real money?"

Steve: "Well, I was thinking, what does everybody love?"

Steve & Megan: "Potato chips! Jinx!"

Steve: "Wow, we are on the same wavelength today, Megan!"

Megan: "I know! Just like SONAR waves! Zing!"

Steve: "Ehhh... No. Just no."

Megan: "Darn, lost it!"

Steve: "ANYWAY, I was thinking we cut our losses with Warframe by selling out to Perfect World Entertainment, and then starting a potato chip business instead!"

Megan: "But since no one paid for Warframe, it's not worth enough to make a profit by selling it! We still won't have enough money to afford the salt mines to provide the salt for our chips! Our chips would have no flavor!"

Steve: "Oh, but my dear Megan, I believe I can devise a way to make our OWN salt mine."

Megan: "Oh? And what splendid solution will your glorious brain spew forth in all its glory?"

Steve: "We'll nerf Excalibur, and only tell people about it AFTER they've already noticed, and contradict our previous reasons for un-nerfing him before, just to stir things up."

Megan: "And then that will generate SO much salt in the forums that we'll have enough to flavor our chips! I get it! Oh, you loveable troll, you!"

Steve: "I AM loveable, aren't I?"

Megan: "Don't push it."

And thus, Excalibur was nerfed.

Edited by NeoRetro10K

I don't know what actually goes on at DE headquarters, but I'd like to imagine there was a conversation that went a little something like this:

Steve: "It is! Players are obviously playing our game, yet somehow it doesn't equate to income for us!"

Steve: "Oh my great golly gosh, that could be the reason! Wow, that never even occurred to me!"

Steve: "ANYWAY, I was thinking we cut our losses with Warframe by selling out to Perfect World Entertainment, and then starting a potato chip business instead!"

Megan: "But since no one paid for Warframe, selling it won't make us enough profit to afford the salt mines we would need to provide the salt for our chips! Our chips would have no flavor!"

Steve: "Oh, but my dear Megan, I believe I can devise a way to make our OWN salt mine."

Megan: "Oh? And what splendid solution will your brain spew forth in all its glory?"

Steve: "We'll nerf Excalibur, and only tell people about it AFTER they notice, and contradict our reasons for un-nerfing him before, just to stir things up."

Megan: "And then that will generate SO much salt in the forums that we'll have enough to flavor our chips! I get it! Oh, you loveable troll, you!"

Copied incase DE removes this. Fu*king golden, +1.

I don't mind the Excal nerf, I just don't get it, why is Excal gettign so much balance attention to try nad make him this perfectly balanced around the difficulty frame while a lot of other frames dance around one shotting everything like Mesa?

I sure bet that DE is listening to scrubs saying Excalibur is "OP", hence the RB, and NOW, RJ nerf. What next? Super Jump can make you jump 1 cm? Slash Dash makes you dash 1m?

hey guys a underwhelming frame found a use! Let's nerf it so it becomes useless once you have other frames! It's a brilliant idea right?!

Is the cold affecting your minds DE? This patch and the following hotfixes have been quite a negative, instead of a positive. Making me glad I haven't gotten the big plat discounts I've been wanting for a while now and just may be time for a break from WF.

Edited by Kami3k

So "Totally useless" is called "Works as intended" now?

I hate that they call Radial Javelin in its current state "working as intended".

No it isn't. It only attacks in the direction of the camera now. If it was working as intended, it would never have been called "Radial Javelin", it would have just been called "Javelin".

Ugh. I'm so mad at the devs right now, and my frustrations have only been increasing with every update. I was very much on DE's side for a lot of things prior to U13, but it feels like they've been reading our feedback less and less over time, or occasionally even going out of their way to do exactly what players don't want. Arcane Helmet fiasco and the like. ("Oh, you guys want helmet stats to be balanced and you want to choose your looks freely? Well, we're going to solve neither of those problems AND we'll add the extra problem of new players being unable to access these bonuses!")

Crap like this doesn't feel like what they normally do, but it feels like this sort of crap has been happening more and more often to the point that something like this is expected to happen with every update. I'm honestly starting to feel as they don't care about the playerbase anymore.

Edited by SortaRandom

I hate that they call Radial Javelin in its current state "working as intended".

No it isn't. It only attacks in the direction of the camera now. If it was working as intended, it would never have been called "Radial Javelin", it would have just been called "Javelin".

Ugh. I'm so mad at the devs right now, and my frustrations have only been increasing with every update. I was very much on DE's side for a lot of things prior to U13, but it feels like they've been reading our feedback less and less over time, or occasionally even going out of their way to do exactly what players don't want. Arcane Helmet fiasco and the like. ("Oh, you guys want helmet stats to be balanced and you want to choose your looks freely? Well, we're going to solve neither of those problems AND we'll add the extra problem of new players being unable to access these bonuses!")

Crap like this doesn't feel like what they normally do, but it feels like this sort of crap has been happening more and more often to the point that something like this is expected to happen with every update. I'm honestly starting to feel as they don't care about the playerbase anymore.

Correction, they don't care much about the NON-Founder playerbase anymore.

You should've just nerfed Draco not radial javelin.  I'm already seeing looking for bladestorm ash for draco farm in recruiting instead.    

The power was fine the way it was.  Not nearly as strong as miasma or peacemaker or bladestorm.  The only reason people used excalibur is because the range is good, hits all targets at once.  Without trinity feeding energy and *2* excaliburs spamming along with a damage booster, radial javelin spam really wasn't all that effective. Even then, after all that, it only shined on Draco.  You'd be much better off with something like peacemaker for 50+ waves of T4D or ODD or any maps where the enemies are actually of a decently high level.

You completely obliterated its usefulness in every way.  Good luck trying to use javelin in high level gameplay and not just brain dead easy rep farm, with the mod for the melee damage boost.  1 enemy not stunned within your vicinity during that ridiculously long casting time will be your death.

So sad.

Edited by SleepingSentry

Megan with the black text again -___-

Re-nerfing Excal after the overwhelming response from the community, which inevitably had it reversed.

DE apologising for the way it was handled, admitted that it was a panic move but was as intended for the future of some powers (back to the drawing board).

Answer: Wait a few months... re-nerf in a massive update and hope it gets swept under the rug?

This is lazy.

Maybe we need a "Year of Communication" instead?

This So Much

from https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/328727-warframe-archwing/

Excalibur Changes:

• Super Jump: Super Jump will now add invisibility to Excalibur while in air. Additionally, Super Jump will cause a small radial stun to all enemies around Excalibur when performed, similar to the way Ash’s Smoke Screen works.
  • Radial Blind: No longer able to affect enemies in rooms separated by walls. To encourage and facilitate different gameplay styles (like stealth), enemies aware of Excalibur within a few seconds, or enemies that Excalibur can see, will also be affected.
  • Radial Javelin:  All enemies within radius of this ability will now be hit with a javelin.  Instead of having this ability radiate out from Excalibur, javelins will now spawn directly around opponents. Javelins will optimize to find a point on each enemy that is safe to be hit, bypassing enemies that may be holding shields or otherwise in cover. There is also no longer a target maximum for this ultimate, meaning anyone in the radius will be an eligible target. Additionally, if the javelin does not kill the enemy, each target that survives will be put into stun for a brief period of time.

>> Radial Javelin:  All enemies within radius of this ability will now be hit with a javelin.

" Our original version of the power had built in Line of Sight, and was never intended to push through terrain."

Changes

• Chroma’s alt helmet will no longer appear in player inventories after completing The New Strange Quest.

Dammit, if there was no matchmaking bug....

But you guys should have left it. Kinda messed up that the people that were fine with your design now have to go out of their way.

The guys that didnt like the original design were always going to have an option. This option has been there for a long time.

Megan: "But since no one paid for Warframe, it's not worth enough to make a profit by selling it! We still won't have enough money to afford the salt mines to provide the salt for our chips! Our chips would have no flavor!"

Megan: "Oh? And what splendid solution will your glorious brain spew forth in all its glory?"

Steve: "We'll nerf Excalibur, and only tell people about it AFTER they've already noticed, and contradict our previous reasons for un-nerfing him before, just to stir things up."

Take all my upvotes, Sir!! +1

Correction, they don't care much about the NON-Founder playerbase anymore.

I'd imagine that there are thousands of Excal Prime mains who are just as angry as the rest of us, if not more so.

Founders aren't magically exempt from the crap decisions that the devs have been making for this game as of late.

Why is the Manic immune to warframe powers? Seriously, if DE is going to put in enemies that lolnope the abilities that make us special, I'd at least want a logical reason as to why they can do it.

Agreed. If everyone is special, no one is.

Prolly already been said but if Radial Javelin is no longer Radial, maybe the name should be changed to Conal Javelin instead seeing as it only fires off infront of you now, as to prevent confusion between players, cause at that's exactly what it is.

Also wasn't this change made before and then reverted because no one like the change?, now it is back despite no one liking it only now we get told to basically suck it up cause we (we being DE/PW) decided this is what it was always meant to be like.  If it was meant to be like this why did it take over 2 years to before it was changed, should it not have been like this from the start?

Sorry changes like this bug me a lot, Radial Blind I can understand being Los, afterall a flashbag cannot travel through objects, and the same applies to Radial Javelin, while it too would be stopped by objects, there is no reason why it could not have stayed as a Radial attack instead of being changed to a frontal conal attack only.

Edited by SchrodingersKitteh

I'd imagine that there are thousands of Excal Prime mains who are just as angry as the rest of us, if not more so.

Founders aren't magically exempt from the crap decisions that the devs have been making for this game as of late.

Thank Megan, Steve and their obvious lack of internal communication. This is how you lose a business, DE. Perfect World has rotten you to the core and, knowing PW's reputation with gamers, I'm astonished you signed a contract with them, forever dooming your game to eventually become a P2W grindfest.