Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 16.0.2

[DE]Megan

Wut wut wut WHAT! I love you guys but I ****** hate you guys when it comes to "balancing" items. You guys just make weapons and warframes that's makes us go "OOHHHH YEAHHH" into "what the hell is this garbage?" I mean what the heck guys? Excal is LoS again? Why?! We been *@##$in about that when you guys did it the first time and changed it back but now you guys redid it again for what purpose? Also the fact that Excal could do this for a LOOOOOOOONNNNGGGGG time and you guys just changed it now of all time with a reason saying it's pose to be like that? Pretty damn suspicious if you tell me.

Also I heard Paris Prime become crap now and the degraded version is alot better. That is pretty stupid. My recommendation for this screwed up "balancing" in PvP is just make weapons of same type to have same stats. For example make all the bows do same damage with crit % and damage, and similar thing to full auto rifles and such. Pretty fair don't you think? This case there wont be an "OP" weapon which apparently you guys hate so much.

Edited by -JHL-

The scary part is that they haven't answered us yet

no primetime

no devstream

not even  so much as a forum post showing us that they are at least aware of the negative feedback

I know right? They said this wouldn't happen because they had to work on U16 this week, and instead they released it and a couple of S#&$ty hotfixes to go along with it then went into hiatus for the weekend. It pisses me off the lack of communication DE is showing.

I have the feeling that chinese money is starting to talk (if u know what i mean). Anyway back to the topic. Excalibur nerf should be reverted back how it was. *rant ON* REMEMBER UPDATE 15.2. I STILL REMEMBER WHATS U SAID DE *rant off*

I know right? They said this wouldn't happen because they had to work on U16 this week, and instead they released it and a couple of S#&$ty hotfixes to go along with it then went into hiatus for the weekend. It &!$$es me off the lack of communication DE is showing.

I don't think throwing out a hotfix this morning is "hiatus for the weekend".

Anyway, I don't even mind RJ fix because it fixes what was left of Draco farming, which was clearly a problem.

I just ... I don't even .....

To begin: Stealth nerfs ... For shame DE ... for f***ing shame. I haven't been here since day 1, but I've been here long enough to know that you should know better.

Kohm - no, unacceptable. Completely useless now. You can't just nerf it across the board like that, better middle ground needed.

Credits - Between blueprints at 100k each, primed/corrupted/etc mods with massive credits needs, and the somewhat ridiculous amount of things that also require a ridiculous amount of credits, you nerf credit gain too.

And the worst of them all ... Excalibur. A note AFTER the fact, "oh, btw, we sh** all over our poster frame and made him all but useless when compared to almost every other frame, but it's intended and has been from day 1". If you're going to make his fourth ability LoS, and claim it intended, then do so for the rest of the frames. We aren't that stupid. If not, then put it back.

I understand the desire to find a way to put a stop to the "farming" that happens on certain tiles. Let's be honest though DE ... you made this a farm game. There really isn't ANY aspect of this game that isn't farming. There aren't enough tiles to level every weapon and frame to 30 without repeating some. In that case, the person leveling usually seeks out the best way to accomplish this leveling, As such, they pick a mission or missions that allow them to farm affinity expeditiously. You make weapon and frame blueprints require rare resources, sometimes in questionable amounts given their rarity. This means in order to build those frames and weapons, a player must farm for resources. Mods need credits and other mods to fuse with to become stronger. Standing with syndicates ... well you get the idea.

The whole game is a giant farm ... so why are you so intent on removing the farmer's tools but keeping the farm?

I hate to use expletives, even censored, when my thoughts can be articulated without them. However, I find them necessary in this case to fully convey the emotional reaction to what has transpired.

Edited by Spaniard_United

It's simple, as someone in a former post said. Chinese money started talking. Say goodbye to WF, and thank Perfect World Entertainment for that. You might say that holding 3% of WF isn't much, but when the other shared holder is a food multinational (Sumco I think it's called), you bet that PWE will "guide them" on how about to manage this game.

From now on, WF starts dying.

Perfect World? More like Perfect Crap.

Edited by Wedjat_88

Something is wrong with Paralysis. It went from killing 100% of cameras in 15 to 50% in 16. Perhaps the range is less or there are holes in the coverage. 

Archwing Quest still broken....,

I have got like 10 wing blueprints already

and quest won't proceed to next segments.

Ordis keeps telling me I've got to go to nav point &

get the blueprints - & in the very same trasmission

tells me I've returned with them and should forge them

immediately.

Checking the Codex Quest -

there's no check mark next to Extract blueprints

In the Foundry there's still things missing

& i can't forge the archwiing.

Nav keeps sending me on the Archwing extraction mission

over & over.

please fix this......

Geeze what is it with everyone?

THE GAMMACOR DID NOT RECIEVE ANY DAMAGE NERF WHATSOEVER!

It got an increased RoF and a decreased damage per-bullet.  This means that on the whole, it is doing EXACTLY the same damage i;t did before.  It just uses more ammo now, though it is STILL a VERY ammo-efficient weapon, just not to the unreasonable level it was before.

In fact, it's actually a stealth BUFF.  Because the Status Chance remains unchanged (still I think 10%) you can trigger status effects 7x as often now.  Combine that with a multishot mod and status chance mods and this thing can trigger on 30+ enemies in 3 seconds, easily.  Even better with punch-through.

Just saying, people need to quit about the Synoid Gammacor.  If you suck so hard at ammo management that you can't handle this change, you just suck.  The change is not the problem here, you are.

This dude doesn't understand the mechanics of continuos weapons, yet try to lecture...

Remove Ogris.

He is so annoying that I get powered up by sheer anger, which allows me to play harder and farm faster. This is obviously an exploit. Therefore Ogris must be removed.

Please disable the #4 of all frames. They can be used to have fun and enjoy this game. This is obviously an exploit. No one is allowed to have fun, since the game has no story and only lives on the eternal grind.

Since you also nerfed the amount of credits awarded after missions, add an option to buy credits for platinum, revealing your true intention, which we already know about anyway.

Edited by Sunfax

Oh, lookie lookie what i found today on the Internet:

"You may have read something about the business development side of Digital Extremes and it may have you concerned," Digital Extremes Video Game Director Steve Sinclair said on the game's forums. "For legal reasons, we can't disclose specifics but if you know the history of Warframe you'd know that we are intent on having Warframe's design remain in the hands of Digital Extremes. Yes, opportunities will arise for us but the game itself is and will remain a labor of love."

...will remain a labor of love".

Do you love to troll your audience, DE? If this is April's Fools, congrats then on a very good troll. If it isn't prepare for the S#&$storm.

Ok, seriously DE.  This whole "Make the new gear harder and more grindy to get than the last" and "Keep nerfing an already mid-tier frame" shtick is getting old.  I've lost a lot of interest in Warframe as it is, because every new weapon isn't that great or is just an uninteresting sidegrade, and the Warframes are horribly grindy experiences that take a week just to get a gimmick that probly isn't that good(OR you can pay an exorbitant amount of money for that one frame!).  Not to mention the "big thing" about this update is a PVP mode(Which I don't like), which has almost no variety in it in regards to frames and weapons(Which means that, unlike the DS Conflicts, it's not completely insane, another thing I don't like).

Also, y'got the Grineer Manic, we can definitely tell that DE has been playing one of four games(L4D1, L4D2, Payday 1, or Payday 2).  Here's the problem:  In those games, you have backup, even if you're solo, you have two-three party members, so even if you're the target of an I.Frame heavy, invincible, regenning target, y'got teammates ready to cover you.

Oh, and Stealth Nerfs?  Just so y'know, be more transparent/open about the update, cause we're gonna find out anyway and we'll at least be a bit more reasonable if you don't hide it.

Nerfing BLOCKING OF ALL THINGS - Seriously?  No one blocked to begin with, and you're going to make it weaker?  Nice.

Credit gain nerfs - YAY, MORE GRINDING!  </sarcasm>

Khom/Kohm/Whatever nerf - Oh good, the weapon that nobody used is...even worse...gooooooood.

Excalibur nerf - No, you don't get to claim "This was the original vision" when you have STATED BEFOREHAND the exact opposite.  Even then, why bother?  You know what else wasn't an original vision?  Combos in fighting games, rocket jumping in FPS titles, the cherry power up from Super Mario 3D World, the list goes on.  One of the greatest things about video games is that even mistakes and glitches can make a game better.  They can actually add depth to a character, they can make a bad weapon good, they can provide new and interesting mechanics.  Why is it that, these days, game developers are so adamantly sticking to their "original vision" and using that as an excuse even though a lot of gaming was built up from DEVIATING from said vision?

Conclusion - This update is pretty bad.  We got a Warframe that's a massive grind to get, two uninteresting weapons, nerfs all around, a raid that...I honestly don't care about, and Arcane Enhancements(Oh yay, an absurdly low chance to get an absurdly small buff for an absurdly short amount of time).

Sorry DE, I'm gonna go play Dungeon Fighter Online when it comes back out on March 24th.  They seem to actually listen to their fans(Going by their Facebook page anyway), and the game is a lot more balanced(And guess what?  They BUFF THINGS!  And they don't outright kill powerful or decent things either!  I can actually spend money without fear that something is going to end up sucking in a week or two!).

Edit:Oh, one more thing, a lot of MMOs(I know, "Technically it's not-" stahp, it's so grindy it might as well be) start to make grinding LESS tedious as time goes on, not MORE.  Juuuuuus' sayin~

Edited by UFOLoche

I think the patch note about the radial javelin buff says that it doesn't require LoS anymore, so I don't see any miscommunication here. If you think it's unfair for PvP, just restrict the LoS to PvP or change it back to before the buff and double its damage or amount of javelin with high innate punch through.

Also nerfs after nerfs won't do any good for this game. Keep that in mind.

DE, please either lower cred requirements or Un-nerf things that let us farm. because late-game everything requires absurd amounts of credits, and farming or endless, tedious void runs are the only way to meet that goal. and please, for the love of the great and merciful Cthulhu, un-nerf the Khom. i adored that weapon, as it made shotguns fun again, and appealed to my taste in weird and wonderful weapons, and you have effectively killed the most powerful CC weapon in the game.

still w8ting for a hotfix so i can shoot again

why does my gun jam at random wen i start a mission (oke let me start  a party for a mission i'm sorry guys warframe is bugging i cant shoot again need to restart my client again!!!!!!!!)

bug start from update 15 and is still not fix in update 16.0.2

Edited by STARTJIM

-snip-

Since you also nerfed the amount of credits awarded after missions, add an option to buy credits for platinum, revealing your true intention, which we already know about anyway.

There is actually an option to buy credits using platinum. It's in Bundle section of the market and it's called Frugal Credit Bundle. 

9000 credits for 30 plats.

Megan with the black text again -___-

Re-nerfing Excal after the overwhelming response from the community, which inevitably had it reversed.

DE apologising for the way it was handled, admitted that it was a panic move but was as intended for the future of some powers (back to the drawing board).

Answer: Wait a few months... re-nerf in a massive update and hope it gets swept under the rug?

This is lazy.

Maybe we need a "Year of Communication" instead?

They just dont care about players. Want some other prove they are extremely lazy? Lets us not talk about this last update excalibro thing. Lets talk about how every year seasonal rewards are just the same, they wont even create a new skin, they just give you the same colour palette on valentine day and saint patrick day and the candybar scyte skin on christmas.

The effort of DE on both the game and handling the community is inexistent. Remember the old days? When events added something to the game, and you could gather with friend to play on the weekend until you farmed the new stuff? Only thing we get now are stupid tactical alerts that are so boring and long sometimes that you dont even want to play them. And new released stuff is not farmable, you must farm part, wait until it finishes building, farm the next one and so on. Days of farming with friends are over. Game has become boring for me, it is just lost the spirit it had before PWE bought DE.