Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 16.0.2

[DE]Megan

what? Where do u read that?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/2zqr5k/the_great_thread_of_u16_stealth_nerfs/

-Melee blocking no longer protects you from knockdown attacks like the heavy gunner.

I mean, I'll be fair, I don't feel that enthusiastic to go and test it(I'd much rather go play a game where I DON'T get nerfed every week and where I don't have to worry about my gear just becoming a fancy status symbol.  Like Payday 2, gonna go play that after this post!), but from what I can gleam, that post seems pretty spot on about what happened.

Blocking isn't that great, y'need the Melee weapon out(So primarily Infested, you're screwing around, OR you're Valkyr), you also need to commit Stamina to the action(So you're screwing around OR you're doing a mission that doesn't require a lot of movement, because otherwise you'd just be rushing), AND you need to block it from the front(Understandable, but still makes it even more limiting).

And now it doesn't even block KNOCKDOWNS.  The one, ONE unique thing it could do is now gone.  GG

Edit: OH OH OH, it also(I would assume because of the wording) probly doesn't block Fire Eximus' shockwaves anymore, so I hope you like being ragdolled unless you got cover!  I'm so glad we're awesome ninjas wearing super powered armor that is apparently weak as paper mache even though we're supposed to be the one driving force against the corruptions of the galaxy.

...Huh, getting a sense of deja vu.  *looks at Zone of the Enders 2, shudders in disgust, and goes to play Payday 2*  TIME TO GO GET THAT TRAITOR!  FOR HOXTON!

Edited by UFOLoche

"good time"

you mean pressing 4 and defying the law of physics? Radial blind got nerfed because "light can't go through walls" so neither can freaking swords. stop whining. 

So a wave of slownope can do it?  So a disarming wave of nope can do it?  So a giant 'release' of gas form nope can do it?  INSTANTLY?  You're arguing that space magic can't do whatever the hek it wants?  Those swords are etherial, energy, MAGIC.  They can go through whatever the hek they want.  If  they wanted to make Radial Javalin los then they need to do two things.  Make it ACTUALLY RADIAL instead of this on-screen BS, THEN buff the crap out of it so that it can actually do decent damage.  And if they don't want it to be radial, make in Conical Javelin and increase the damage further to destroy things in a wave like Banshee's sonic boom.  And on top of that, remove super jump and give him a shield ability because that ability as it is is useless, same thing with slash dash, unless he you can make him invulnerable and cause knock down in a radius.   Then have his radial blind actually act like a radial flashbang.  Have enemies blinded in a certain area, then past that have then disoriented by the 'bang'   maybe make them do less damage for a short time?  Or decrease accuracy or SOMETHING!

Megan with the black text again -___-

Re-nerfing Excal after the overwhelming response from the community, which inevitably had it reversed.

DE apologising for the way it was handled, admitted that it was a panic move but was as intended for the future of some powers (back to the drawing board).

Answer: Wait a few months... re-nerf in a massive update and hope it gets swept under the rug?

This is lazy.

Maybe we need a "Year of Communication" instead?

I think they were hoping we wouldn't remember that. But when you apologize for the way it was handled, twice, it isn't really an apology....

I still can't figure out why its is that You think about making the weapons and frames more balanced as you call it. But, you forget to take into account that as you nerf these weapons and frames abilities. You for got that they already have a damage or utility fall off as the missions progress. But, that you increase either the amount of damage or the amount of enemies in a mission. By making the damage scale down at you progress, or by making abilities have no affect at all. So I ask, but I know it will never be answered. Why in the hell would you make a game like this in the first place if your wanting to make it to the point where it is unplayable. Either by the increased overwhelming difficulty. Or by not allowing the players to be able to play as they would like. I mean isn't the whole idea behind lvling and modding frame and weapons to make them better so that they can do more. Unless your trying to say that with all the various mods and patatos and weapons and frame that everyone is only allowed to have every weapon and frame modded the exact same. There will never be true balance in this game as you (DE) think it should be.

So here's an idea. Take the game down, close shop for a few weeks. come back redo the game as YOU want to play it and think everyone else in the warframe world should play it and then and only then Rerelease it. That way you will have the arcade game you always wanted.

Edited by Ookami_Nihonto

*snip*

Seriously, I don't think I've seen a more unhealthy attitude from developers of a game I actively play ever.

I agree that 1) I don't use Excal either, never have, probably never will, just doesn't interest me and 2) The nerf seems extremely harsh, and as someone who started playing a while after Vivergate I had to look this up and yeah, it seems really, really boneheaded.

That said, no.  You wanna know the worst thing any studio has ever done in the history of gaming?  Mass Effect 3 ending.  That's it.  No ifs, ands, or buts.  Single worst "go f**keth thyself" in the HISTORY of gaming.  And I say this as someone who still replays ME3 every once in a while and just quits before the earth mission because it's otherwise a really good game - even I still think it's the worst anti-player decision in the history of gaming, without exception.

This is nowhere near that bad.  Bad, sure, but never forget it could be SO much worse.  DE could be post-EA-sellout BioWare.  THEN they'd be pure evil, no question.

The Ordis change is welcome, but please just give it a slider bar for frequency (that can go down to nill and ignores quests). Any non-quest related Ordis babble is unwelcome on my liset.

Great work with the raid, PvP and new frame/quest... but could we look at balance again? Excalibur and Ember are going to get bored playing catch with a Synoid Gammacor for the next year or so.

On the contrary, the constant quest notifications are FAR more annoying to me than Ordis will ever be.  I have 4 not-yet-and-likely-never quests to do that I just wish I wasn't getting a notification for after EVERY SINGLE MISSION.  They're in my Codex, in the Nav Console, I know they're there.  I really, really want NO notifications about them, at all.  How anyone could be so ADD (and I say this as someone with moderate ADHD myself) that they are even CAPABLE of forgetting about their quests is beyond me.

This dude doesn't understand the mechanics of continuos weapons, yet try to lecture...

Feel free to explain it, professor.  Math is math.  If you have better math than mine, lay it out.

Feel free to apologize when you figure out you're wrong, too.

Well that's it... Sorry bro, but I can't afford those new clothes for you next week, you are just... not... worth it... anymore...

It breaks my heart DE. Granted, the game is awesome. But the one thing that made it awesome for me personally, just got killed.

The one frame that was with me since day one. The one and only frame I put forma in. The one and only frame I bought the immortal skin for. The one frame I worked so hard for to be able to get the proto skin next week. The one frame I could use everyday without getting bored. The one frame, so special to founders of this game.... My heart is broken

Well that's it... Sorry bro, but I can't afford those new clothes for you next week, you are just... not... worth it... anymore...

It breaks my heart DE. Granted, the game is awesome. But the one thing that made it awesome for me personally, just got killed.

The one frame that was with me since day one. The one and only frame I put forma in. The one and only frame I bought the immortal skin for. The one frame I worked so hard for to be able to get the proto skin next week. The one frame I could use everyday without getting bored. The one frame, so special to founders of this game.... My heart is broken

It's comments like this that really makes me wonder what DE was thinking when they decided to go ahead with something they KNEW would have a massive community backlash.  It's happened before what made them think it wouldn't happen again just because they snuck it in on the sly?  Did they think we were that oblivious that we wouldn't notice something as obvious as not being able to hit everything within range?  I mean after the first few times that the dozen or so dudes hiding behind cover DIDN'T die, wouldn't they understand that it would be too obvious?

I've said it before in previous knee-jerk hotfixes and I'll say it again, DE's really shooting itself in the foot with this.  Hek, worse than that, they took one look at their lead foot and decided "Hey, those toes don't look like their useful for anything, lets remove 'em."  Then took a Galatine to them.

When you are in the loadout and you switch to archwing from pvp loadout, you get stuck at the loadout background when you hit escape and your warframe moonwalks all over the place shrinking you moon walk backwards and big when you walk foward. The camera never changes.

You guys in DE are the only ones who think Excalibur is imbalanced. Really. You tell us that Excalibur is all about balance and then you nerf him cuz he becomes unbalanced. Nice. If this is all about Draco (which I personally don't use at all), just do the same thing you did to Viver - change the mission type. Or nerf all the other frames to hell. Or introduce the cooldown for abilities, it will solve all the problems of abilities spamming and will free you from decisions like how to make one frames worse than the others. And stop pretending players don't remember your previous stealth-nerfs of Excalibur.

You guys in DE are the only ones who think Excalibur is imbalanced. Really. You tell us that Excalibur is all about balance and then you nerf him cuz he becomes unbalanced. Nice. If this is all about Draco (which I personally don't use at all), just do the same thing you did to Viver - change the mission type. Or nerf all the other frames to hell. Or introduce the cooldown for abilities, it will solve all the problems of abilities spamming and will free you from decisions like how to make one frames worse than the others. And stop pretending players don't remember your previous stealth-nerfs of Excalibur.

Not The cooldowns. Never the cooldowns. Silence yourself.

Yet another thread where people who like to play an easy game and feel like gods are discussing with people who would like to play a damn hard, but balanced, version of the game.

Back in the 90' would have been these who like to play Doom using cheating codes and the others who were trying to complete it at Nightmare difficulty.

Personally I'm for the hardcore version of the games, having a too easy game to play with will inevitably lead to "I'm sooooo annoyed" conclusions.

Those who think that the Gammacore is now useless never learnt to play, in my opinion.

I totally second the decision to nerf both Gammanukor and Excalibur.

I'd say...FINALLY!

Edited by Demdemeh